Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pizza Boxes

Yes - Pizza Boxes.

Go to a local pizza shop - if you get one in an area full of businesses strike up a deal w/ the owner

For a period of 90 days you will buy all his pizza boxes provided that for every fax they send out in regards to their menu - a second page has your companies information ...

Also - every pizza box has your information on it.

The cost - plan for about $3-5K

Amazing what this can yield.
    Typo3USA - Typo3 USA Template, Extension Development and Hosting.

PhilaNetworks.com - DataCenter Management, Hosting & Remote Hands across the Delaware Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hosting Team View Post
    Try sending a press release to your local paper announcing a free event, something like "How to Get Your Small Business on the Web" at a free or cheap local venue. Your public library might have a room you could use.

At the event, give free advice on what's involved. And also make available signup forms.

Would this really be a good idea? How would you know people would attend? What would you recommend showing at this event type?

The advantage is that it's free to you. All you have to do is prepare your lecture and some materials. Too busy to have tried this myself, but I'd bet you'd get a great return. And if even five local businesses sign up with you as a result the first time, you can do it again every month. You'll have already done the prep work, so all it will take is an hour of your time.

Then, once you've established yourself as an expert on web hosting in your town, ask the same local paper if they'd like you to write a regular column on web stuff. More free publicity!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hostmedic View Post
    Pizza Boxes

Yes - Pizza Boxes.

Go to a local pizza shop - if you get one in an area full of businesses strike up a deal w/ the owner

For a period of 90 days you will buy all his pizza boxes provided that for every fax they send out in regards to their menu - a second page has your companies information ...

Also - every pizza box has your information on it.

The cost - plan for about $3-5K

Amazing what this can yield.
    Pizza boxes!!?!? wow i never heard that before. You mean placing my ad on pizza boxes? and what do you mean by this....?

"For a period of 90 days you will buy all his pizza boxes provided that for every fax they send out in regards to their menu - a second page has your companies information"

It does sound like a unique idea.... but what exactly do you mean?? Thanks!

pizza boxes

Quote Originally Posted by hostlyon View Post
    Pizza boxes!!?!? wow i never heard that before. You mean placing my ad on pizza boxes? and what do you mean by this....?

"For a period of 90 days you will buy all his pizza boxes provided that for every fax they send out in regards to their menu - a second page has your companies information"

It does sound like a unique idea.... but what exactly do you mean?? Thanks!
    We do a number of unique marketing things... Most of what we do actually helps churches market to their areas.

here is the pizza box program in short:

The local pizza shot spends good money on pizza boxes.
    They also generally fax everyone their menu on a weekly basis.

Offer the owner the option to have your organization buy their pizza boxes - but with the option that you can place on the cover your own add.

Also - ask them to send a second page with everyone of their faxes - and advertise your companies solutions.

I have helped tons of local companies and churches use this.

PhilaNetworks.com - DataCenter Management, Hosting & Remote Hands across the Delaware Valley.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by hostmedic View Post
    We do a number of unique marketing things... Most of what we do actually helps churches market to their areas.

here is the pizza box program in short:

The local pizza shot spends good money on pizza boxes.
    They also generally fax everyone their menu on a weekly basis.

Offer the owner the option to have your organization buy their pizza boxes - but with the option that you can place on the cover your own add.

Also - ask them to send a second page with everyone of their faxes - and advertise your companies solutions.

I have helped tons of local companies and churches use this.
    wow.. sound like a great idea! But the big question is will it target a "business" audience, because my main thing is providing hosting for business.

Whats really funny is that I'm about to host 3 websites for 3 different pizza stores.. you think i will be able to offer free hosting for an exchange to put my ad on their pizza boxes?

Btw do you do marketing for hosting companies?

Quote Originally Posted by hostlyon View Post
    Does your company have a slogan? a marketing pitch, and idea ?
    (looks like yours is - We make your business Roar...)

I would start there -
    First find what it is that your company can do - and do well.
    Start with asking yourself this question...

What is it that makes your company (http://www.hostlyon.com/) the Ground Zero for the internet to your local community?

What can your business offer the community ?
    What is it that you can do to help their business Roar?

then put that into a picture - one that is just 1 color - and that speaks a thousand words

perhaps a kittycat looking into a mirror and the image reflected back is a lion -
    with your domain name on the cover...

come up with something - I promise you will figure it out :-)

will the do this for you for free - maybe - you might need to ask them ...
    Chances are they are buying boxes that are pre-stamped ... so to change them it will cost...

most likely - You do not want to do this in a suburban area
    instead do this in an area where business are

Also - dont think of just pizza
    Chinese food - etc.

According to statistics - the average office orders from the same place each day of the week

Monday is - Chinese -
    Tuesday is - ?
    Wed is ?
    Thurs is Pizza

you get the picture...

as of helping hosting companies - rules on the forums require us to post into the advertising section for all advertisements ;-) so cant reply here in regards to that...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12