Geographical SEO

Hello,

Article that I wrote on Geographical SEO - hope it helps.

Are you optimizing your website for a specific country or perhaps do you want search to be only from Canada and UK? This is called geographical targeting; this is when you want targeted users to your website from your country or from other countries. Moreover, google search result is based on the location of the searcher, this is in the Google algorithm, which is frustrating sometimes.

After my research, I have got to find out through many other SEO Guru that if the product you are selling is available in your country, for example “Pakistan” – it is better to target the audience from Pakistan by optimizing your content and website which can be found easily when someone searches “your product Pakistan” .

Let me start by giving you an Example. If you are a designer and design logos locally for people in Pakistan; it is better to target “logo designers Pakistan” instead of “logos” as this will help you reduce time and increase your sales in Pakistan. I will start by giving you few geographical SEO tips in this post, which will help you increase your search engine result page geographically.

1-Domain TLD: if your domain has .co.uk in it, chances are you will rank better in the UK.

2-Hosting: This is a major factor, if web host has a server located in Pakistan, you are likely to rank well for Pakistan instead of UK. However, this can be altered easily by the tips below.

3-Keywords Usage: for example if your website has too much content for “Pakistan” or UK, Google will perceive this that the website is targeting the location mentioned in the content

Google webmaster has a new tool as well for geographical targeting which is available at “Google Webmaster >> Tools >> Set Geographic Target” –

I hope this helps, you can always contact me for any inquiries.

Originally written by SEO Guru

- Zafar Ahmed
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I dont know if I would call this an article, but they are good points for geo-seo.
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by incrediblehelp View Post
    I dont know if I would call this an article, but they are good points for geo-seo.
    I wrote it for a client of mine just to help him understand what really is geo targeting, nevertheless, if it helped, feel free to leave a comment
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Nice read!

It all matters on choosing the keyword and optimizing it. It does not much matter if you are servers are in UK and you are targetting indian or pakistan auidence, its all about what are the keywords and how well are you ranked in SE for those.

Links from websites which are related are pretty good and one way linking is always a boost.

Submitting in directories is a pain intially but would fetch some results here are there. Anway to conclude traffic is traffic, if you offer quality product those target based traffic always have a lot of chances to turn into potential customers.

Good article, thx!
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydWS View Post
    Good article, thx!
    You are welcome, feel free to post it on your website with a linkback to my site
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

Good couple of pointers, Thanks

I would if I had an SEO website, I do all my consultation in private with various companies. I'm too busy to get anymore clients
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFloydWS View Post
    I would if I had an SEO website, I do all my consultation in private with various companies. I'm too busy to get anymore clients
    So, what kind of consultation do you provide? if you don't mine me asking, is it eMarketing?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide

good article

You forgot to include backlinks from sites in or ranking well for the geo-location you are targeting. This is quite important, if you are targeting say England then getting links from .co.uk domains and also from sites with a top 10 .co.uk ranking can have very positive effects.

That is a good article but you should also put the Resource Box.

Building links on sites that are also hosted in the target country would also help
    OneIMS.com - Internet Marketing and SEO

Quote Originally Posted by umesh281 View Post
    That is a good article but you should also put the Resource Box.

You mean a resource box for my article? is that what you meant.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide