SmarterMail or hMailServer

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to get your opion on the mail server you recommeded from SmarterMail or hMailServer as we would like to get some feedback on which to use.

Also does anyone know if there is a way to export current emails from hMailServer to SmarterMail?

Rgds,
    Chris
    Walker

hMailServer does not have a webmail (if that is one of your concerns), but you can use any free webmail - Horde, Squirrelmail, RoundCube (both POP and IMAP are supported by hMailServer).

Here is a good discussion that may shed some light on the issue http://forum.dotnetpanel.com/forums/...px?PageIndex=1
    Reseller Hosting and dedicated servers at www.bizstreet.net

SmarterMail is the best

Hmailserver comes with a squirrelmail plugin, Smartermail standard do not have a web based email but you can use UebiMiau! It works quite well with Smartermail standard edition.

Both are free, but I would say that Smartermail is easier to use and maintain than Hmailserver. There is no direct way of importing from hmailserver to smartermail as far as I know, but I heard of some using some sort of imap programs.

Smartermail had an advantage that should you outgrow your Standard edition and want a more reliable webmail, you can opt for the Professional edition, conversion is quite straightforward, just buying the license and do an upgrade.

Smarter mail is one of the best and professional mail server comes with comprehensive interface and strong features..very stable.

Recently Smarter mail 5.x has been released Link

smartmai verry best

No love for Mailenable?

Mailenable is quite good especially the Standard Edition which is free and as good as any other minus the webmail. Problems was the last few bugs was quite a nightmare. But overall if you compared Mailenable Professional with SmarterMail, I would take SmarterMail for its features and stability.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanham View Post
    No love for Mailenable?

We use smartmail and with the spam filtering it has cut out alot of the Spam

Quote Originally Posted by boonchuan View Post
    Mailenable is quite good especially the Standard Edition which is free and as good as any other minus the webmail. Problems was the last few bugs was quite a nightmare. But overall if you compared Mailenable Professional with SmarterMail, I would take SmarterMail for its features and stability.
    I agree that the enterprise version of smarter mail looks great, there cost is a lot higher for the same features your can get in ME

Go for SmarterMail very stable and the Spam features do the job

Main problem about Smartermail is when there is heavy volume, the spamassassin is single thread, you may need to add a separate linux server running spamassassin or purchase something like Declude.

Quote Originally Posted by directhostinguk View Post
    Go for SmarterMail very stable and the Spam features do the job

Since this thread speaks so much about Mail Servers, (I personally think MailEnable is troublesome), anyone has a review for ArGoSoft Mail Server Pro Version ?
    Reseller Hosting and dedicated servers at www.bizstreet.net