hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Web Hosting review - Crucial Paradigm

Forum Jump

Web Hosting review - Crucial Paradigm

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 10:34 PM

Web Hosting review - Crucial Paradigm

Hi everyone,

First off, thanks to all you folks at Web Hosting Talk forums for helping a newbie like me in taking the fist step towards an online presence. The inputs of members on WHT have been not only helpful but also educating and informative.
Would like to specially thank Jedito and Aussie Bob for their time and assistance as well.

I have now decided to go for Shared Hosting with Crucial Paradigm.

Ijan who goes by the nickname CrucialP has been very kind and has given a huge discount for the first year, considering this is for a uni project. He has patiently replied to all my queries that I have been bombarding him with. Ranging from the real silly ones, right to the technical queries that deal with the uni project.

Most of the questions were, more because I am new to this and apprehensive in taking the next step, which is, choosing the “right” host.

What was surprising, besides the huge discount that brought a big smile on my face, was that once I registered on the Crucial Paradigm website (which was last evening at 5:30pm), they already set up my account and sent me details/password/access etc. before I even made the payment.

Since I already had a domain name registered with Answerable, I made the Name Server changes this morning. I instantly got my splash page up and running.

I thought this would take anywhere between 24 – 48 hours so was surprised to see it happen instantly.

So far, it’s been great dealing with Crucial Paradigm. Thanks Ijan/CrucialP.

I hope to keep posting here in between uni assignments and tinkering with websites to see how this goes further.

Once again thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Retired Moderator

It's good to hear you have a promising road ahead. Do give us a review a couple of months down the road, and updates from time to time.

Good luck with your uni project!

Old 03-05-2008, 03:58 AM
Web Hosting Master

Nice to hear that you have found a nice home at first shot, Keep us updated with your experience in few months time

http://www.imageleet.com

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2008, 08:52 AM

Thanks ldcdc

sure thing. :-)
Will try to post as often as I can.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Web Hosting Master

Glad to see a good review.
Wish you a long pleasant stay with them.

I am sure that this will be helpful for those who are looking for a new host.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Web Hosting Master

Good post, it is always heart-warming to see someone has found some hosting they like.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:27 PM
WHT Addict

I too encountered the same smiley face experiences with them. Guys and Gals at Crucial Paradigm are so helpful and professional.

I am so impressed on their quick response and resolutions.

Old 03-15-2008, 12:26 PM

thinking of switching from Dreamhost?

Well, I've been frustrated for months about the slow load time on my DH server, and multiple weekly notifications from Mon.itor.us that my sites were down. I always thought the customer service at DH was reasonably good, but the downtime plus the slow load didn't seem worth the $10/month cost. On the other hand, what a P.I.T.A to switch, right guys? Well, I started lurking the WHT forums again and decided to take a shot on Crucial Paradigm, thanks in part to the post above and others.

I can't speak on long term uptime, but for many of us, just switching is a huge effort in itself. For those of you who want to know how the switch is, I can tell you: seamless. Their support team is excellent at moving wordpress sites over. I had a couple sites that did an aggregate 1GB a month of traffic, and every now and then I had a huge spike. The reason I actually switched to Dreamhost was that my previous provider, Addaction, could not take huge spikes. Also, their service was not as prompt as Dreamhost. In any case, I can tell you that the service from Crucial is immediate, and more importantly, highly effective. The load times have improved and I no longer get those notifications from Mon.itor.us regarding downtime! I'll be happy to let you know how it is in a couple months. To be honest, I was almost reluctant to post this lest the secret get out and tons of DH users rush over and fill CrucialP's servers! Anyway, hope this is helpful and feel free to PM me specific questions.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorweb View Post
I can't speak on long term uptime, but for many of us, just switching is a huge effort in itself.
I know what you mean. I have never had a website hosted before and for me, personally, making this decision was at all an easy one.

I received an email from CrucialP yesterday morning that mentioned they and fixed a particular issue apologised about a server outage that I didn't even notice.

Since this is a first time experience and I had no idea what was happening I sent them an email last night inquiring about the email they sent me.

This morning I got a reply from Ijan saying that it was not a server outage but due to a minor issue some sites on the server were not available. This was fixed in a hour.

Ijan also mentioned that he would speak to the Techs and get more details if I required.

This is what I like about Crucial Paradigm. They are not only quick to respond but are also honest about whats happening.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:27 PM

I've used CP for almost 6 months now, and I can tell you from experience the uptime is perfect or near perfect. I monitor uptime with mon.itor.us, and it consistently comes up at or very near 100% every month. Also, the customer service and technical support continues to be excellent. I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Review Group Releases Recommendations for Government Access to Private Data Web Hosting News 2013-12-24 09:51:22
Nicole Henderson Named Editor in Chief of the Web Host Industry Review Web Hosting News 2013-02-12 13:40:41
cPacket Launches SPIFEE for Service Providers to Detect Network Performance Issues Web Hosting News 2013-01-28 16:21:35
Startup Review Signal Mines Twitter for Reliable Web Hosting Reviews Web Hosting News 2012-09-25 15:52:28
Web Host Windstream to Cut 400 Management Positions by Q3 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-05-31 14:26:23