Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Geekrack customers check your billing asap

Hello,
    Ok this came as a shocker to me, geekrack put me on paypal subscription, but i never signed for one , and deducted automatically my server payment, even though i had chosen to use paypal checkout instead of paypal subscription (you know how whmc works) and first month i got charged on 14th jan, next month i got auto charged on 7th feb. for which i never got any email from geekrack that my bill for month of Feb was already paid, so as usual i logged into geekrack panel around 14th-15th feb and saw my invoice saying its due on 15th, so as any wise customer, made the mannual payment, but today i was reviewing all the payments etc etc for month of feb. and noticed i got 2 charges from geekrack.

I have asked them to issue a refund for one of the payments, lets see how it goes, but i must warn other Geekrack clients to please check your invoices and paypal accounts asap, its either a whmcs bug or some thing hidden that geekrack has going.

Just a friendly warning to other Geekrack customers , oh i am talking about geekrack.net if anyone is wondering.

PS: i feel duped in ways un-imaginable, never signed up for subscription but yet i see a paypal subscription i just cancelled it now. Hopefully this does not trigger them to remove server for non-payment or something . Keeping my finger crossed.

Cheers
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !
      0 Not allowed!

From my experience with paypal + whmcs, the only way a person can be on a subscription is if the client chooses that option by him/herself. The provider cannot automatically setup a person to be on a subscription. Perhaps you chose the "Subscribe" button in whmcs on the invoice by mistake? I have had numerous clients do that, make double payments so many times and they never understood why.
    Senior Network Architect
    Managed Network Services for Hosting Providers
    www.ipexperts.net
    | https://anycastvpn.net
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thenynoc View Post
    From my experience with paypal + whmcs, the only way a person can be on a subscription is if the client chooses that option by him/herself. The provider cannot automatically setup a person to be on a subscription. Perhaps you chose the "Subscribe" button in whmcs on the invoice by mistake? I have had numerous clients do that, make double payments so many times and they never understood why.
    Even so, why did my invoice than say unpaid when payment was made on 7th already ? Even 7 days later, can you explain how that happened ?

Aka if i choose subscription why whmcs sent me invoice to make the payment ? From what i understand invoice is only when when subscription is not chosen and even so, why did my payment not mark it as paid ?
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Energizer Bunny View Post
    Even so, why did my invoice than say unpaid when payment was made on 7th already ? Even 7 days later, can you explain how that happened ?

Aka if i choose subscription why whmcs sent me invoice to make the payment ? From what i understand invoice is only when when subscription is not chosen and even so, why did my payment not mark it as paid ?
    Depending on the payment method, such as echeck, they may not have yet received the money yet.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)
      0 Not allowed!

Good questions...I don't know. I didn't write the software so if it has bugs in it, then you can direct the question toward the WHMCS staff :-)
    Senior Network Architect
    Managed Network Services for Hosting Providers
    www.ipexperts.net
    | https://anycastvpn.net
      0 Not allowed!

whmcs will still send a invoice even if it is a subscription. I encountered this just the other day with a client. He was getting the invoices all the way up till the subscription went through and paid for the service.
    Tiny Portal Hosting

Premiere hosting for smf/tp software
      0 Not allowed!

When you signup using a subscription it will automatically add the subscription number into WHMCS. You will still receive an invoice but on the due date WHMCS should pick it up and mark it as paid.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    When you signup using a subscription it will automatically add the subscription number into WHMCS. You will still receive an invoice but on the due date WHMCS should pick it up and mark it as paid.
    it does not , so hopefully geekrack will entertain my request of refund as its via paypal so refunds are pretty easy in paypal.

Maybe whmc need to look at this issue in more depth cause i see no use of sending invoice when subscriptions are chosen, for example in CE that does not happen which is way cool and less confusion and false payments for customers.

cheers
      0 Not allowed!

I don't think it is possible to do a subscription without you knowing about it. Especially it shouldn't be able to charge you without you allowing it to go through
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!
      0 Not allowed!

You have to specifically signup for a subscription through paypal for there to be one. Paypal tells you on their page that its for a subscription etc, its not possible for anyone to just push you into one
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AFerrier View Post
    You have to specifically signup for a subscription through paypal for there to be one. Paypal tells you on their page that its for a subscription etc, its not possible for anyone to just push you into one
    Even so, why the hell will i get an invoice and no confirmation of the payment i made via paypal subscription ? Its not like money is not in my account its there, but i do not like to keep money in account at geekrack as funds, when next months time comes will make payment.

But for now only confused why i got charged 2 times, and why invoice was still not marked as paid even after 7 days later when payment was made, just trying here to refine and improve whmc system.
      0 Not allowed!

Even so, why the hell will i get an invoice and no confirmation of the payment i made via paypal subscription ? Its not like money is not in my account its there, but i do not like to keep money in account at geekrack as funds, when next months time comes will make payment.

But for now only confused why i got charged 2 times, and why invoice was still not marked as paid even after 7 days later when payment was made, just trying here to refine and improve whmc system.
    Sounds like the marked as unpaid isn't a WHMCS error, WHMCS marks it paid as soon as it is paid for
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AFerrier View Post
    This is very off-topic <<snipped yes it is>>

@ E.B. You could also ask them to use 1 of the 2 payments for your next invoice.
    Last edited by Coolraul; 03-03-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: removed off topic question
      0 Not allowed!

It sounds like an error in the accounting department! Your best bet is try giving them a call to sort out your current situation. If they can't help you then do a chargeback from your bank or credit card.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CrissicSolutions View Post
    Sounds like the marked as unpaid isn't a WHMCS error, WHMCS marks it paid as soon as it is paid for
    Hmm even when paid via subscription.

Ok i dont know this how does whmc works ?

When someone signs for subscription do you still get invoices sent to you ? Or are invoices sent only when choosing no subscription ? Like in CE it only sends invoices when not using paypal subscriptions ?

And does the billing department have to mark invoices paid in whmcs when payment is sent via subscription ?

Maybe someone more versed with whcms can explain !!

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm even when paid via subscription.

Ok i dont know this how does whmc works ?

When someone signs for subscription do you still get invoices sent to you ? Or are invoices sent only when choosing no subscription ? Like in CE it only sends invoices when not using paypal subscriptions ?

And does the billing department have to mark invoices paid in whmcs when payment is sent via subscription ?

Maybe someone more versed with whcms can explain !!

Thanks
    It still makes an invoice even if it is a subscription.

It marks as paid when paid for if a subscription
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CrissicSolutions View Post
    It still makes an invoice even if it is a subscription.

It marks as paid when paid for if a subscription
    hmm why did it not mark mine paid and i had to pay twice ? Script error ? or Geekrack error ?

And should i not get a receipt for all subscription payments still ? I only get payments for those payments made to invoices ?

I this retrospect i think Client Exec is way better.I doubt paypal chargeback will result in anything as if i am not mistaken for hosting paypal does nothing ? Unless server falls in different category.

but anyways hopefully geekrack clients can check their billing if they are in the same situation as i am in, and get it corrected asap.

PS: Geekrack does infact confirm that this was infact an error, but where they are gonaa look into. Also bunny told them to manually check their other customers account that might also be affected. But hopefully they will get everything sorted out.

Cheers
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 03-02-2008 at 08:44 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I cannot say what the error may be from. It could be either, however we are using the same version of WHMCS as GR and haven't had this issue yet.

Paypal won't refund it as "it is a non-tangible item" -- you will either have to get GR to do it or do a chargeback at the CC/Bank level
      0 Not allowed!

Very odd indeed.

@Crissic:

GR will hopefully refund it as it was a double charge due to an error on their end. No need to do a chargeback at CC / Bank level because it will get your paypal account frozen.

Simply keep talking to their billing dept and wait for them to refund.
    Website Design and Marketing in France
    www.SagaNET.fr
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by eclouds View Post
    Very odd indeed.

@Crissic:

GR will hopefully refund it as it was a double charge due to an error on their end. No need to do a chargeback at CC / Bank level because it will get your paypal account frozen.

Simply keep talking to their billing dept and wait for them to refund.
    Yup good thing is GR did admit it as an error and will refund so there is some relief, but how long will take them to refund is another question,hopefully soon enough cause i do not want to wait for centuries for a refund
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 03-02-2008 at 08:52 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Yup good thing is GR did admit it as an error and will refund so there is some relief, but how long will take them to refund is another question,hopefully soon enough cause i do not want to wait for centuries for a refund
    So just we understand all of it, you posted this problem even before you communicated the problem to your supplier?

Why you did not just report it to them and waited untill they resolved the issue?
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    So just we understand all of it, you posted this problem even before you communicated the problem to your supplier?

Why you did not just report it to them and waited untill they resolved the issue?
    Did you not read what the title says ? Who said i posted this to get issue resolved with GR ? It's a post to maybe let other clients know that there might have been issue with their billing also.

What part of title did you not understand mate ?
      0 Not allowed!

1. There's no way you can sign up for a Paypal subscription without knowing it. Paypal tells you, before you hit the final button, that it is a subscription that will be paid on a certain date indefinitely.

2. If you didn't have funds in your Paypal account at the time of the subscription payment, Paypal would take funds from your backup source. Most people have their bank accounts set as the backup source. If this is the case, it would have been sent to geekrack as an eCheck. WHMCS doesn't mark an invoice paid until the eCheck clears (generally five business days).

3. Paypal occasionally hiccups and doesn't send notification of payments back to the vendor's billing software. I see this in probably 1 out of every 100 payments made. If this is the case, contact geekrack and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    3. Paypal occasionally hiccups and doesn't send notification of payments back to the vendor's billing software. I see this in probably 1 out of every 100 payments made. If this is the case, contact geekrack and I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

--Tina
    I talked to Shaq on msn, she said, she seen paypal do such hickups, not sure why that happens, but she should be refunding the amount anytime.

Do note my billing started on 14th Jan. First payment was made than, than why i see a auto charge in my paypal account on 7th feb is something i fail to understand, even it was a subscription paypal should charge only on 15th or atleast 14th, why it charged me 7 days prior to that i might never find out.

Cheers
      0 Not allowed!

I talked to Shaq on msn, she said, she seen paypal do such hickups, not sure why that happens, but she should be refunding the amount anytime.

Do note my billing started on 14th Jan. First payment was made than, than why i see a auto charge in my paypal account on 7th feb is something i fail to understand, even it was a subscription paypal should charge only on 15th or atleast 14th, why it charged me 7 days prior to that i might never find out.

Cheers
    Check to see if you've set up 2 Paypal Subscriptions. I often see customers receive an invoice 7 days before they are due and just blindly log into WHMCS and set up another Paypal Subscription...forgetting that they already have one set up to pay us on the due date.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast