Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. BurstNET burst my bubble

i thought id give burstNET a try for some dedicated servers they seemed good value for money as well as a professional company, how wrong ive been.

i first ordered a server for a customer (from the resale program) as i hadn't decided what server i needed yet.

there site states 24-48 hour server delivery time, the server took about 3 days to be put online, then when it was the server for no aparant reason would become unalienable by http/ftp/whm and ssh, then for no reason come back up again. then when i asked them a simple support question about ioncube they said they dont support cpanel servers with ioncube

I finally decided which server i wanted i decided to go for one of the dual xeons and thought after the last server they would keep there promise and get it to me in 48 hours, i emal then towards then end of the last day asking how things where going, i was told the server would be up in 24hours

the next day no server im told to wait another 24 hours - 24 hours later i email then im told my server would be up n 24hours (so four days after order) so im not going to get my server in the 48 hours you state but im having to wait 4days well thanks, not only has this really pissed me off its also shooting burst back in the foot as i had 4 customers potential interested in buying servers from the resale program but wanted to see my site/server first, 2 P4 one xeon and some one wanting to buy bulk server regularly, all i could do is sit tight for 24 hours, hoping burst wouldn't let me down again

the next day im checking my emails every 5 mins as it seems a burst rep on wht said i would receive the server early morning, obviously didnt happen, so i get to 72hrs since the original order and email them again, im told the server is getting cpanel installed as we speak and will be up to 2hours, yay i think finally its ready 2 and a half hours later no server i email them asing where it is, they email back saying there was a hardware fault and it has had to go back in!!!! F^ck sake burst i thought you stated you only use top quality hardware but it breaks before the server has even gone online!!

so any way 5 hours later i recive a confirmation email with all my details !!YES!! i have a server

but now i cant even access it, its completely unavailing by ftp/http/whm and ssh

now im doubting i even have a server with them

anyone elese had a similar experience?

They probably busy with their insane sales so it takes much longer.

As for the problem with your server, did you contact them?

I am not sure also if they can offer to fix anything in your server since it is not a fully managed server? Semi-managed perhaps?

Net

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

3. i know they are going to be busy with there sales but still its a ridiculous waiting time 5days.

yep i contacted them just like the other server it goes up and down without me doing anything, the only problem now (which also happened on the other server) is that i cant access whm it says my license is invalid, i chech the history of the license with cpanel looks like it was never activated last time it was activated on this ip was 2004, i dont understand why they cant set something up from start to finish and not leaving it untill its done

4. well the issue has been resolved now, since a junior at the company seems not to like me and decides not to activate 2 of my server lol, the email support is very slow at the moment but i guess i can put it down to how busy they are with sales, thankfully a nice AIM support guy Chris H had the server activated in 10 seconds, if they told me the command to run the first time round would have saved alot of time

thanks agan Chris H

dont worry much, they are nice once u get delivered.

Please be more accurate with your timeframes.
    The following is the exact order delivery time-frame for your two orders, INCLUDING a total rebuild on new hardware for the 2nd server:

Order Date: Sat Feb 2 03:47:51 2008 EST
    Delivery Timestamp: Monday 04, Feb 2008 - 01:09:52

Order Date: Sun Feb 3 17:33:50 2008 EST
    Delivery Timestamp: Wednesday 06, Feb 2008 - 20:49:06

...at no time did we take "5 days" to deliver a server to you.
    We are rather swamped with orders due to the current sale, but delivery times have still been well within reason considering such.

<< now im doubting i even have a server with them >>

C'mon....please don't post such ludicrous statements like this.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    << now im doubting i even have a server with them >>

Is it appropriate for you to chide a customer like this? Of course it's a bit subjective. I remember when Steve from Burst Net was posting ludicrous things and no one at Burst had an objection to that.

I'm sorry, but we cannot just stand by and allow non-truths, or even exaggerations, be posted about our firm.

We posted the facts, which speak for themselves.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

9. ok well i was willing to let this slide after i got some very help full support earlier but now you've pis&ed me off again AND once again my server has just gone offline for no apparent half way through compiling apache so cheers! ok so 4 days then that still inst acceptable, and i think your exaggerating the rebuild i was told only this morning i was given a loose power cord !2days for a power chord c'mon, and weather or not it was a power cord you state to customers you use top of the range hardware so you should expect for it to work before its had a chance to racked up, dont you think its ridiculous i had a junior at your company f*ck up two separate server orders both exactly the same way, resulting in me having to wait hours for a response on getting my cp license activated thankfully chris h had it up in under a minute, then when i get the server no initial set-up has been done which im told is not usual of your company then further more no resolver ips and 257random ips attached to my server for some reason!

weather it was 4/5 days isnt the issue here the issue is i had 4 customer wanting to purchase servers from you through the resale program 1 wanting to buy multiple servers regularly - all have gone else where now so thanks alot you cost me money and your selves money and wasted my time.

now im going to have to wait for my server to magically come online again restart the setup process setting me back another 2/3days due to other work commitments.

so cheers

Please feel free to open a Customer Service Dept ticket, and we will gladly look into any issues that you are claiming.

I would recommend that you cease with the cursing and insults however, if you expect us to take you seriously and assist you. Your tone so far has been inappropriate and childesh since the beginning, and we will not tolerate abusive behavior towards our staff/company.

<< weather it was 4/5 days isnt the issue >>

Actually, it is.
    When you make such claims, and outright lie about it, then it makes a BIG difference. Between the lying, exaggeration, incorrect assumptions, and your cursing/insults...I would almost recommend that you do take your business elsewhere, unless you completely change your attitude.

Honestly I think this guy has gone overboard. BurstNET is a large company, and the times for getting them can vary. I got my last server in under 3 days, which is what I was told. Due to the Server Sales they are doing, the setup time may increase, but you should be patient.

By making claims that you cannot prove, it shows that you are taking it way out of proportion and most likely lieing about atleast half of it.

They have always been friendly with me, and have helped me with issues I have had with a reseller of theirs. Their setup time is within reason, and their support is very nice.

Remember -- you get what you pay for. These are cheap prices for servers, so waiting a few more days should be of no problem.
    Crissic Solutions, LLC - Affordable VPS Solutions.
    Our business is based on Honesty & Transparency!

I'm sorry, but we cannot just stand by and allow non-truths, or even exaggerations, be posted about our firm.

We posted the facts, which speak for themselves.
    If you reread my post I never suggested that. The customer can be crass but you should keep your mouth shut and quit being so accusatory. This guy is unimpressed with your service and the most you can do is refute and attempt to marginalize him?

Don't worry you aren't alone. I see a lot of militant web hosts on WHT.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Hallett View Post
    If you reread my post I never suggested that. The customer can be crass but you should keep your mouth shut and quit being so accusatory. This guy is unimpressed with your service and the most you can do is refute and attempt to marginalize him?

Don't worry you aren't alone. I see a lot of militant web hosts on WHT.
    If that customer had that attitude with some other providers, they'd just boot him with no refund. If you ask me BurstNET has been extremely patient with this guy.

I've been with BurstNET for 2 weeks now and have 5 servers there. All my servers were activated within 24 hours (the first 2 were activated the same day). Any problems I've had there were extremely minor and were resolved promptly with a quick support ticket or AIM message.
    Big things coming soon

<< This guy is unimpressed with your service and the most you can do is refute and attempt to marginalize him? >>

Not quite...you apparently only read half our posts I guess:

"Please feel free to open a Customer Service Dept ticket, and we will gladly look into any issues that you are claiming."

...which we have a right to ask that he does so professionally, and not as he has been.

Burstnet person, sorry, but when a customer gets cross, it doesn't justify being rude back.

ServerDragon, most data centers take 3 days (or more) to set up a new dedicated server. Please plan accordingly.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    If that customer had that attitude with some other providers, they'd just boot him .

That could be said of the opposite as well. As a client I would have booted my provider and found a new one.

In the end, it is how you handle a negative situation that you are judged, not the problem itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Section8 View Post
    In the end, it is how you handle a negative situation that you are judged, not the problem itself.
    I agree. I believe the tone of both parties in this case could have kept things a bit more 'friendly'. It would have helped to lower the tension, and allow everyone to either walk away happy, or deal with the problem in an efficient manner.

/2cents

One must always remain professional and level headed (calm) when dealing with irate clients, regardless of whom is at fault or how the client is treating you. Use your search feature here, and you'll see this is an ongoing issue with Burst for years. It's just the way they do business.

This doesn't bother some people, and it does bother others. Let people be who they are, say what they say and do what they do, and use your own judgment if it's an issue for you. My personal opinion is that if a client is upset, the goal is to calm them down and satisfy them, or politely refund them if they are unreasonable or we aren't able to provide them with what they've demanded (if we didn't promise it), and not to antagonize the situation.

Sometimes an upset client posting on a public forum is a perfect opportunity to display how well you deal with problems, and that's an important factor to a lot of potential clients. However, some chose a different path. Simply put, investigate how a company operates, right down to how they interact with upset clients, because even if you don't know the "whole story" this does usually well illustrate how they deal with such issues.

That history may be what bothers you and saves you future hassle. Likewise, you might not be bothered and agree that the client "had it coming in kind", and that's fine, too. It's too personal of an insight/opinion to ask people not to be themselves -- I must rather prefer it (it's saved me many potential hassles) -- and I wish more people would be themselves (too many things happen in private that if you'd have known about in public, you'd have also saves time and hassle).

BurstNet arent being rude. There handling the situation in the correct manor and proffesionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    If that customer had that attitude with some other providers, they'd just boot him with no refund. If you ask me BurstNET has been extremely patient with this guy.
    What other providers do you speak of?

My job giver also had some bad experience with burst.

He got a 160GB instead of a 250GB he ordered for example.
    There was a abuse report and Burst took the server down in like 12h from the email not 24h.

Quote Originally Posted by Leriss View Post
    My job giver also had some bad experience with burst.

He got a 160GB instead of a 250GB he ordered for example.
    There was a abuse report and Burst took the server down in like 12h from the email not 24h.
    The hard drive could be fixed with a simple ticket? Mistakes do happen, but you have to speak up about them.

As far as the abuse, what type of abuse was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jona102190 View Post
    The hard drive could be fixed with a simple ticket? Mistakes do happen, but you have to speak up about them.

As far as the abuse, what type of abuse was it?
    It was Spam abuse.
    For the drive as far as I know, the owner made a ticket and was supposed to get another drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dediwebspace View Post
    BurstNet arent being rude. There handling the situation in the correct manor and proffesionally.
    Did you read the same posts I did?

...at no time did we take "5 days" to deliver a server to you...

Your tone so far has been inappropriate and childesh since the beginning...

I would almost recommend that you do take your business elsewhere, unless you completely change your attitude.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

Quote Originally Posted by bitserve View Post
    Did you read the same posts I did?
    Treat as you want to be treated?

There's still another person there, not just an emotionless company. I would be mad too, if someone went around bashing my employer, especially if it was with wrong information.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast