Bon Jovi - Sydney 2008

What a show!

Flew down to Sydney (no show in Brisbane ) for a few days to catch the boys in action, and they put on one heck of a show that went for nearly 3 hours. Played from most of their albums, even Runaway.

I caught their first Aussie show in 1987, which was 21 years ago (i'm feeling old ) and they're as good now (if not better) than they were then. The audience was broad, from the younger folks to the 30 - 50 crowd like me. Went down Sydney with my brother, so it was a good time of brother stuff for the few days.

All in all it was a fantastic show and recommended for any past or current fans, not that I consider myself a "fan". I just like the music and it takes me back to my youth.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Semi-off-topic: Bon Jovi stayed at my parent's hotel a few years ago
    // Extra Moose - Modern Web Design with Usability in mind.

Damn, are Bon Jovi releasing a new album any time soon? or are they in the process of touring, because I'd be happy either way

You like Bon Jovi?
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

I've seen him 4 times in concert... must admit I am a big fan! Love their music!

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

That was my 4th BJ concert too. It was in Acer Arena with a full house of 18,000. The sound was amazing with the crowd singing along word for word to most songs. We had gold tickets and were 1 level up from the floor and in the right back side. First saw them when Slippery when Wet broke, back in 87. That's 21 years ago. I got my first kiss when a girl at skating asked if she could wear my "You give love a bad name" shirt that I was wearing. I said sure, so I gave her my shirt to wear and she gave me a kiss on the lips when she gave it back. Ahhh, the young years.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob View Post
    That's 21 years ago. I got my first kiss when a girl at skating asked if she could wear my "You give love a bad name" shirt that I was wearing. I said sure, so I gave her my shirt to wear and she gave me a kiss on the lips when she gave it back. Ahhh, the young years.
    The young years? From the sound of things, you and life hasn't changed a bit. Although I'm sure these days Mrs Bob would swing a kangaroo at ya head if you were to take off your shirt and lend it to fine Sheila.

I am so jealous. I am a huge Bon Jovi fan.

/edit cuz 'I'm a huge BJ fan' didn't look right.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Sounds like a similar show that I saw. I saw them when they were here (Vancouver) last month. They played their entire new album (Lost Highway) from start to finish and then moved into all their big hits. Only downside to the show was they didn't play Bed of Roses, which my wife and I both really like. Other than that though, the show was awesome.

AS an aussie, you may appreciate this....but my all-time best concert I've been to was AC/DC
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Bob, new Def Leppard CD on March 17th

"Songs from the Sparkle Lounge"

Quote Originally Posted by GSP4Sale_800 View Post
    Damn, are Bon Jovi releasing a new album any time soon? or are they in the process of touring, because I'd be happy either way
    Lost Highway is the latest album and tour.

That was my 4th BJ concert too. It was with a full house of 18,000.
    One could edit your writing to be bad
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

It was in Acer Arena with a full house of 18,000.
    18,500 I was there doing security.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    I am so jealous. I am a huge Bon Jovi fan.

/edit cuz 'I'm a huge BJ fan' didn't look right.

--Tina
    Oh my god!
    I spilled my coffee on my keyboard

//not that there's anything wrong with that ^_^
    Last edited by BurakUeda; 01-23-2008 at 05:20 AM.
    DigiPun.ch
    An Awesome Digital Punch Clock
    Release date: October 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Jamie View Post
    The young years? From the sound of things, you and life hasn't changed a bit. Although I'm sure these days Mrs Bob would swing a kangaroo at ya head if you were to take off your shirt and lend it to fine Sheila.
    lol, there's only 1 lady that gets my shirt now. I give her my shirt so she can wash it.

Quote Originally Posted by VanHost View Post
    Sounds like a similar show that I saw. I saw them when they were here (Vancouver) last month. They played their entire new album (Lost Highway) from start to finish and then moved into all their big hits. Only downside to the show was they didn't play Bed of Roses, which my wife and I both really like. Other than that though, the show was awesome.
    They played 4 songs from Lost Highway and then went through the rest of the albums. They got the biggest response from the older material, especially from Slippery. They didn't play Always though. I thought they should have finished on Never say Goodbye, but they finished on 'I love this town" from Lost Highway. They did well for near 3 hours, and they've finally found their voice again, hence the mega success of Lost Highway.

The media broke a story about Jon giving a waiter a $600.00 tip at the Blue Hotel Sydney, and that was just around the corner from our hotel, so we stalked out the place for a bit. Our plane was leaving that afternoon, so we couldn't stalk doe too long. Goodness, that sounds so lame, typing it out.
    AS an aussie, you may appreciate this....but my all-time best concert I've been to was AC/DC
    I've been to one acadaca concert, and crikey it was loud. My first concert was Bon Jovi 87 slippery tour. I bought 3 tickets from the radio station, and took 2 girls down with me. I was 16-17 at the time, and totally out of my depth with those 2 ladies.