Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've never heard of hosts charging setup fee's for hosting accounts.

The thing is you never know if a host will be good or bad until you try them yourself. I mean everyone needs are different. Do you have any other ones in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    There are enough hosts around which do not mainly market the US and never or just recently came to this board, does that make them worse as those on the list?

I mean its great to have a guide but please do not pretend those are the only hosts giving a great service please.
    Exactly. There are also some companies that have been around for quite a while (longer than 5 years) who are well respected, honest and successful who don't have 100% positive reviews and others who have very few if any reviews. There are also REAL web hosting companies with a happy customer base who don't even know WHT exists or customers that are too busy running their businesses to post reviews of their hosting company online. No company is going to be flawless 100% of the time. I guarantee you everyone on that list has had a customer who at one time or another was not happy about something with their service, whether the host was to blame or not, and they may simply have not taken the time to post a review.
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM • Fantastico • RVSkin • Dual Quad Core Servers • Raid 10 • 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    There are enough hosts around which do not mainly market the US and never or just recently came to this board, does that make them worse as those on the list?

I mean its great to have a guide but please do not pretend those are the only hosts giving a great service please.
    That list is for host with more than 5 years in the market without a single negative review, I'm not saying anything else that that, I don't understand what are you pretending to say with the other part nor I care.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I think he's just trying to point out that that list is far from comprehensive.
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM • Fantastico • RVSkin • Dual Quad Core Servers • Raid 10 • 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

Quote Originally Posted by 1Host View Post
    That list was generated in this forum by the users, if you have a better list or know some hosts that belong there go ahead and post it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by 1Host View Post
    Just that nothing more, no need to get angry. No harm intended.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

I don't see where anybody's angry...

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

You might want to check out Gearhost.

They have been around for several years and have a good rep.
    Travis T | VP
    Data102
    - Colorado Springs' Public Datacenter
    Virtual Private Servers | Colocation | VoIP Hosted Handsets | Email Firewalls | And More

www.Data102.com | Speed Test | 719-387-0000 | 888-328-2012 | Call us Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Traft00 View Post
    You might want to check out Gearhost.

They have been around for several years and have a good rep.
    Surely it's not very ethical to recommend one of your customers?
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Unfortunately they are not a customer of ours.

They are colocated in Data393.
    Travis T | VP
    Data102
    - Colorado Springs' Public Datacenter
    Virtual Private Servers | Colocation | VoIP Hosted Handsets | Email Firewalls | And More

www.Data102.com | Speed Test | 719-387-0000 | 888-328-2012 | Call us Today!

Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by gregdavidson View Post
    I've been looking all over and the only company I can find is BlueHost. I want to find a host that is legitimate but also doesn't require you to pay a setup fee. I like the way Godaddy.com doesn't charge you everything upfront but would really like to move elsewhere.

you might try Mystic Dreaming (mysticdreaming.net) I've been with them for some time now and have had the best experience with them than any other over the many years I have been involved on the internet.

As an 11 year veteran of this IT industry, and owner of a REAL hosting and IT services company, I am amazed at how much "time some clients will "spend" looking to avoid a 5 to 15 dollar set up fee. That is time that they could spend making an extra sale or taking better care of their current clients. Or improving their own services.

The bottom line is that the company providing the service has to MAKE A PROFIT. Especially for REAL hosting companies. Who have REAL employees and REAL infrastructure to support.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12