HELP Who is my web hoster

the site is cimcodenver (dot) com. Basically, no one in my office knows a thing about web-sites except me and no one can even tell me who we're paying hosting fees to. The site recently went down (showing a 'great success' apache/cpanel page now) and I'm having a helluva time tracking down who our hoster is.
    A whois search says vynamics has the site through their nameservers however vynamics claims they're only hosting our email and not our website.
    Anyhow, I'm now awaiting contact from the other 2 companies listed on a more in-depth whois report(first company is Corporate Colocation, maybe they can tell me who's servers the IP is pointing to and other is P4Host) and P4Host's phone number on the frontpage of their website is actually disconnected.
    Basically, I've run out of leads and am not sure where to go next. Any suggestions/help?
    Thanks,
    Ben

lmao, now thats hilarious.
    Since you already did the whois, dunno what else to tell ya.
    hosted by HawkHost
    I Recommend: LimeStone Networks!
    The OverSeller Defender!

P4Host.com is hosting your site from as far as I can tell...

Good luck getting to them though, they don't look like the most professional company out there

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelhost - Paul View Post
    P4Host.com is hosting your site from as far as I can tell...

Good luck getting to them though, they don't look like the most professional company out there

I'll agree, they didn't look too swooft, but I tried their live support and had someone answer a question within a minute.

Your nameservers are NS1/NS2.VYNAMICS.COM, so your domain should be coming up from their server.

telnet CIMCODENVER.COM 25
    Trying 74.124.197.55...
    Connected to CIMCODENVER.COM.
    server12.vnpages.net ESMTP Exim 4.68 #1 Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:34:59
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelhost - Paul View Post
    They make NoUptime.com look good!

Well I got through to a P4Host support person on their live chat and he (she?) at first believed that they were hosting the domain however they didn't have any account information on hand for our domain. They said the IP was from them but obviously the nameservers were with Vynamics. They wanted me to change the IP addresses of the name servers to them for our domain through Network Solutions (something I'm not about to do for fear of something going wrong with our email system). Overall, I think I thoroughly confused them with our situation because they ended up not knowing what to do next.
    Anyhow I have always thought our hosting was through Vynamics (since they host our Microsoft exchange mail system and other things) but they seem pretty adamant that they're not the one's hosting. I will try and grill them again, though.
    I am definitely running out of ideas here.

Oh ya and they also said they're not sure why it forwarded to vnpages.net
    Last edited by Whosmyhoster; 01-16-2008 at 05:07 PM.

What is your billing method? Usually it will say who the company is on your statements, so pull those out or call up your credit card company or bank and ask them for the detail.

I think this is your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    They crack me up

You might want to take this opportunity to switch to a new host. Do you have your domain registry information?

I agree, I would change and get yourself organised again with a company who care's for it's customers.
    ATOMIC Web Hosting 2006 - 2016
    Shared Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Virtual Private Servers (Request Dedicated/VPS Servers via E-mail)
    E-mail: sales@atomicwebhosting.com Website: https://www.atomicwebhosting.com/

It's a shame that the host did such a good technical job for so long that you never had to contact them, yet they never managed to get you to recognize their brand and earn your loyalty.
    -Mark Adams
    www.bitserve.com - Secure Michigan web hosting for your business.
    Only host still offering a full money back uptime guarantee and prorated refunds.
    Offering advanced server management and security incident response!

So a gal from Corporate Colocation says the cimcodenver IP is pointed to P4Host and a P4Host support guy ('Kevin) got back late last night and said they might have deleted the site due to no payment. I also talked to the web design firm who worked on the site about a year ago and they said they were a reselling co-host for P4Host and it was likely that the site never got transferred fully to Vynamics like it was supposed to.
    Anyhow I am now going in the direction of getting a new hoster for the company and luckily I saved all (or most) of the main files from the website to my desktop so hopefully I can just do a simple upload of all these files once the new host is up. Luckily we do also still have the Network Solutions login what-not for the domain so that shouldn't be too hard to complete. I'm just now worried about these site files on my computer working correctly on the new host.

Hilarious site
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

Why don't you have the company hosting your email host your site as well?
    DBI Hosting Reliable Web Hosting
    VPS Hosting / cPanel VPS Hosting
    Linux, Windows & BSD
    Backups, Custom Control Panel, 24/7 Support

As already said, you should probably take the opportunity to switch hosts to someone more reliable and use the new company to host your email too.

Having too many different companies serving each of your web services doesn't seem to be a good choice.

one for website design, one for website hosting, one for email hosting, one for domain name, etc

Maybe it's time to consolidate to avoid further confusion in future.

Well, it's actually a good idea to have the domain name separate from hosting. That's what's going to save the OP in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hosting Team View Post
    a good idea to have the domain name separate from hosting. That's what's going to save the OP in this case.
    The OP's *problem* is that there are too many people involved in their service chain, and someone's lost track of where the website was hosted

The "benefot" of keeping the domain separate from hosting really only come about for those that pick some muppet fly-by-nighter as their host, and quite often causes more problems than it fixes.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech View Post
    The OP's *problem* is that there are too many people involved in their service chain, and someone's lost track of where the website was hosted

The "benefot" of keeping the domain separate from hosting really only come about for those that pick some muppet fly-by-nighter as their host, and quite often causes more problems than it fixes.
    Exactly.

If I understand correctly, only the website hosting, there are 3 "layers" of companies (Web Developer > Hosting Service Agent > Hosting Provider) and I don't see any benefit from maintaining this.

Indeed, I wonder why he's still trying to get another company to host the website - why not just let it be hosted at the same company who is also doing the e-mail support (Vynamics)?

LOL, this is the first time I've heard of an end-user needing to go to http://whoishostingthis.com/ to find out their host.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting

Why are you poking fun at my host? Is it because its better than 90% of hosts posted on WHT and 100% better than any host on a top 10 list?

Yes, I think so... Jealous much?