Thread: urgent help pls

urgent help pls

i did run root@server3 [/var]# rm -rf tmp *
    this command accidently now i get database error and more problems what can i do please help

You've issued a command that delete all folders under /var directory. There are a lot of things you need to fix/recover beside database problem.

did i delete mysql database with that command

Quote Originally Posted by crzy View Post
    did i delete mysql database with that command
    Yes you deleted alot of MySQL stuff and other important files Because you deleted the contents of /var

I think the answer could be "Yes!". You can check if your MySQL databases are still exist or not here /var/lib/mysql.

You just deleted half of your server are you able to do a full system restore?

root@server3 [/var/lib/mysql]# dir
    ./ ../
    root@server3 [/var/lib/mysql]#

are they gone (((((((

You just deleted half of your server are you able to do a full system restore?
    i haven't got backups softlayer can't login to server but im currently logon can i get them back thanks for your help

root@server3 [/var/lib/mysql]# dir
    ./ ../
    root@server3 [/var/lib/mysql]#

are they gone (((((((
    Yes, they are now gone. Do you have any backup of your database? Also, I think it's not an easy task for you to restore everything back in normal.

i haven't got backups softlayer can't login to server but im currently logon can i get them back thanks for your help
    You should call softlayer tech support and ask them since they setup the server they would be able to tell you everything installed in /var

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on/dev/sda5 9.9G 5.4G 4.0G 58% //dev/sda1 99M 17M 78M 18% /bootnone 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm/dev/sda7 105G 46G 55G 46% /home/dev/sda8 1012M 34M 927M 4% /tmp/dev/sda3 9.9G 3.0G 6.5G 32% /usr/dev/sda2 9.9G 133M 9.3G 2% /var/tmp 1012M 34M 927M 4% /var/tmp
    this is 150gb hd and there is a 5 6 websites and one of this website has got 4 5gb database another websites are verysmall so is there anyway my database somewhere else located it is very important for me got 3 million messege in it

this is 150gb hd and there is a 5 6 websites and one of this website has got 4 5gb database another websites are verysmall so is there anyway my database somewhere else located it is very important for me got 3 million messege in it
    Only way to get the files back is restoring from a backup (if you have one)

If you don't have a backup, then you are going to have to tell your clients that you deleted their databases

i wish i had a customer to tell but it is all mine thanks for helping guys im muckedup

What is the proper commmand to accomplish what the OP wanted to do. I assume he/she wants to remove everything in the /tmp partition?

Quote Originally Posted by HD Fanatic View Post
    What is the proper commmand to accomplish what the OP wanted to do. I assume he/she wants to remove everything in the /tmp partition?
    what u talking about

what u talking about
    He means you wanted to delete everything inside /tmp directory.

What do you have cpanel backup set to? and what did softlayer say?