Exclamation Forums for Virtual Servers

I'm suggesting a seperate forum for Virtual Servers because they aren't anything like shared hosting, and you don't own them like you do a dedicated server. It's a seperate kind of hosting and I would like to see a seperate forum to discuss and support them.

I second the motion.

Not a bad idea. We could have a lot of great discussions about hacking the freebsd kernel for virtual servers and stuff

I'm for it. Great idea. I have been searching for some actually.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

While virtual server has been the trend, I don't think it warrant a forum, yet.

If you look at the posts about virtual server, there hasn't been that many.

A separate new forum would add to the complication and confuses simple-brains like me.

Peter

I think the reason why there hasn't been much posting for virtual servers is because for one. Most people/companies here are just starting hosting. Virtual servers are expensive and although there's a need for it, it's not that friendly yet. Justifying the cost is sometimes hard. However for the ones that are looking to jump into that it won't be a bad idea to have a place to post.

I think once that gets started there would be a need for it. Just a thought.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC

Originally posted by cahostnet
    I think the reason why there hasn't been much posting for virtual servers is because for one. Most people/companies here are just starting hosting. Virtual servers are expensive and although there's a need for it, it's not that friendly yet. Justifying the cost is sometimes hard. However for the ones that are looking to jump into that it won't be a bad idea to have a place to post.

I think once that gets started there would be a need for it. Just a thought.

I agree with your reasoning about the lack of VS posts.

However, I don't think the creation of a forum depends on the potential of a topic. Rather, we should wait until there is enough VS posts/interest to have a VS forum.

Peter

I do see you're point though!
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC