Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HostAVPS.com Review

Alright first I am gonna say I have only been with hostavps for a couple of days day one was a bit rocky with them VPS control panel was down for a bit for me at least, and I didn't get my IP with the account detail email. But their support was so great we were able to resolve all those issues quickly and in a timely manner decided I wanted to go with a linux instead of a windows server with them this time the IP came with the account details and the VPS cp did work this time, but only when you copy and pasted to the browser or click on it in their support ticket for some reason it does not work if you click in the email. But overall they helped me a bunch everything is running smoothly and I really appreciated how they worked everything out with me I will update this review as soon as I have more time with the company.

nice to see quite numerous review early on about a new VPS host.... hope everything goes well and feel fee to update us after a month.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Glad to read the review. We will happy to share your further experience so keep us updated in future.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Thanks, we appreciate the review. I will be honest to admit our email template was not set correctly to send you the IP, and our CP changed ip's which caused the issue of it appearing down. None the less, I am glad we were able to help you and get everything resolved.

I believe you got a happy start. Keep us posted in the future.

Made an order, paided the invoice and was redirected to HoatATree instead of HostaVPS.
    I did not receive credit for payment, even though I got a paid receipt from 2checkout in my email.
    Chris on live chat says I have to wait until business hours for billing to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by jackskin View Post
    Made an order, paided the invoice and was redirected to HoatATree instead of HostaVPS.
    I did not receive credit for payment, even though I got a paid receipt from 2checkout in my email.
    Chris on live chat says I have to wait until business hours for billing to respond.
    Sign up for a new toy and have to wait another day to play with it. Sorry to hear that!
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

Yeah,seems like someone could fix it. Although yesterday I was tagged for fraud because I just moved a few days ago.

Hey Jack, we apologize about that confusion. At the moment we use the same 2checkout account for HostaVPS as we do for HostATree. This is something we are working on, hostavps will have its own account in a few days we hope.

None the less, your vps is online now. If you have any issues dont hesitate to open a ticket

Ok thanks Ryan.
    Maybe you should assign someone to follow-up on orders until this is remedied.

Well usually either my self or another admin will manually mark the order as paid. We try to get to it asap, in your case it took an hour or two.

I only received one ip, need one more

Hey Jack, an additional ip has been assigned to your account but for issues like this please use our ticket system or email. Forums are not a great way for us to provide support.

Yes, Chris said summit a ticket, but I should not have to ask for something I should already have. It appears Kloxo is not installed but I can do that myself. Thanks for quick response, now I do not have to wait until tomorrow.

Jack,

Sometimes web hosts make mistakes especially when they are busy and rushing about, a missing IP is a minor mistake and should be acceptable. Also normally a real company will only setup accounts when the correct people are around to do it, fraud checks have to be done etc which can only be done by the billing team. Billing are not always around 24/7 and are usually only online during business hours.

Back on topic, although I would not personally use HostAVPS for geographical reasons it is nice to see a good company. Well done guys...

Excuse me. Its ok to say what a great host you are and then not deliver. If the host cannot setup until business hours then they should plainly state that. The front page says instant activation. As far as fraud, my payment was accepted but not applied. Also if you order a package you should get all the features of that package.

Still waiting for VPS to be usable.
    Before ordering I enquired about linux node2 being red. I was told not to worry. Merely a graphical error.

Still being told to be patient. We are working on it and will keep you advised. After several hours the vps still will not load Kloxo.

These guys are comical. Been waiting for 8 hours to have Kloxo installed. They say this is a long process

well just ask them for the barebone VPS and then just install kloxo on your own so you can start the ball rolling with your server.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Well its finally over. Kloxo is installed!
    If you want speedy service look no further.
    Only nine hours to get the job done.
    I give these guys a zero. Well 1/2 for finally getting it done.

If you reload your OS in control panel you will no longer be able to login to SSH. Then you have to summit a ticket and wait for hours.

Heh, I really wanted to give them time before I posted on here. But I've been waiting (going on 3 days now) for my vps to be setup correctly. I selected the cpanel option and the license is coming back expired.

They were super quick getting the vps setup, but it just didn't have everything in it I ordered.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes cpanel to verify your server ip? All this waiting is killing me, was hoping to have everything up and running by now.

Sorry bud. You are out of luck. These guys do not respond to support tickets. I think they are responding to HostATree first and HostaVPS second. I think they expanded without additional support.

Quote Originally Posted by jackskin View Post
    Sorry bud. You are out of luck. These guys do not respond to support tickets. I think they are responding to HostATree first and HostaVPS second. I think they expanded without additional support.
    Jack, it really hurts to see you say something like "we dont respond to tickets". That cant be any farther from the truth. I would say 90% of your emails were answered well under 10 minutes. None the less I know some clients have different standards and higher expectations and Im sorry we did not meet them. 9 hours to get Kloxo installed is longer than it should take, however we ran into an issue which took some time to investigate. The ip looked to have been hijacked as we were unable to use it. After reloading the vps with a new ip, we began working on installing Kloxo. 9 hours is long for us, I agree, but there are plenty of companies out there where you wont even get a response in an hour.

As for the cPanel issue, what we tend to do is setup the VPS's and install cPanel. 95% of the time the ip is eligible for trial of cPanel until we can get the ip registered with cPanel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast