Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Offshore VPS (Africa, Middle-East, Asia, East-Europe, South-America etc)

Don't let the title offend you. I live myself in one of these rather "unknown" to the hosting world countries.

Anyway, I got a new site (nohostsland.com) evolving around hosts in nations that is rarely listed on international [English] forums. To be more precise, I'll list the nations that I do NOT want offers from:

Germany, Holland, USA, Canada, Belgium, Luxembourg, UK, Ireland, France, Australia, New Zealand, Italy, Israel, South Africa, Denmark, Finland. [Will be updated]

Exceptions can be made, such as the recently free VPS offer from a German provider.

Examples of top notch nations VPS's: Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia (one can dream), Uganda, Rwanda, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Burma, North Korea (ehm), Palestine, Pakistan, Mongolia.

So that's all for now! Post any VPS providers you come by, with exceptional rarity.

I'll kick start it

Kyrgyzstan VPS $13/m - 256MB prohost.kg/vps.html

* 256MB RAM
    * 10GB storage
    * Shared CPU limit
    * Unmetered bandwidth (from what i could gather)

Downside? No English support, or PayPal it seems.
    Last edited by 3bola; 12-01-2010 at 08:03 PM.

North Korea? dang they don't even have any website they host themselves.
    QuickWeb™ -We Host Servers Like a Boss!
    New Zealand - USA - UK - Germany Virtual Servers
    Worldwide hosting provider with proven 24x7 and 25-Minute Support!
    www.quickweb.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    Hah yea, the governments "official" website is in Spain. Speaking of which, I did come across a Somalian IP the other day (Google it), quite amazing, and I did find the ISP, sent them an email, but haven't gotten any reply. Additionally, two Iraqi public proxies.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickWeb-Roel View Post
    http://bgp.he.net/AS131279#_prefixes

MAINT-STAR-KP, a North Korean agency. Woha.

Quote Originally Posted by 3bola View Post
    Hah yea, the governments "official" website is in Spain. Speaking of which, I did come across a Somalian IP the other day (Google it), quite amazing, and I did find the ISP, sent them an email, but haven't gotten any reply. Additionally, two Iraqi public proxies.
    The Somali IP is properly coming through Satellite Internet from Europe. The Somalian market is unregulated and very competitive.

The World Bank reported in 2007 that only about 1.5% of the population had a telephone[5] resulting in the emergence of ten fiercely competitive telephone companies.[6] According to the CIA World Factbook, private telephone companies "offer service in most major cities" via wireless technology, charging "the lowest international rates on the continent",[7]

Somalia has the cheapest cellular calling rates on the continent, with some companies charging less than a cent per minute.[8] Competing phone companies have agreed on interconnection standards, which were brokered by the United Nations funded Somali Telecom Association. Installation time for a land-line is just three days, while in neighboring Kenya waiting lists are many years long.[9]

Iraq: http://www.newroztelecom.com/ but they only offer dedicated as i see.
    Kyrgyzstan: ktnet.kg - again only dedicated
    Uzbekistan: http://uzinfocom.uz/ - dedicated & colo

Burma has no public internet services, North Korea also not - Only Datacenter in Palestine is in a University.

Pakistan: brain.pk
    Mongolia: http://www.skytel.mn/

Also some more you want:
    www.druknet.bt - Bhutan

you maybe want to have a look at str0.at/weltweite-hosterliste
    It's german, but you can get some orientation with the flags, "V" means VPS/Virtual Server

Check out Citynethost. Their data center is in Egypt.

@Zhang: Thanks. I did come over a Uzbek VPS provider (not just dedi and co-lo), I'll see if I can't find it.

offshore are costly, u have some in India too. Bandwidth is pretty costly. You can try even Israel

also Internex.at in Austria, accepts Paypal and is fairly cheap.

Would love to offer Chinese VPSes, but this dumb Licenses (License for this, License for that - License for Hosting, License for IPs, License for Video Streaming, License for Email Servers, License for VPN, License for SSL, License for Forums- ARRRRRRRRGH) are driving me nuts.

Here's the Uzbek VPS provider I came across. dc.uznet.net/index.php?id=1 (can't post links yet) Unfortunately it appears as if the VPS page is under construction, I sent them an email, waiting for reply.

@Ransome: I have yet to come across any Indian VPS providers with a Indian data center. I imagine the issue in India is somewhat similar to Pakistan, high humidity and temperatures.

@Zhang: Yes, Chinese VPS's would be awesome. I wonder how long they are gonna keep this need for licensing up?

I would not trust a company who cannot secure their own site..

http://dc.uznet.net/index.php?id=htt...w.seth.im/test

Good point Misspink, quite a vulnerability there, anyone can attach a PHP file with the $id variable and run a malicious script.

since the title says "off shore", i thought i'd recommend something thats actually off shore :

http://www.curacaowebhosting.com/

they're expensive, though. shared web hosting starts at about $30 USD / month
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web
    ★ Managed VPS Hosting ★ Managed Wordpress Hosting ★ Managed Dedicated Hosting ★ Web Development ★ Web Design
    Managed Wordpress Hosting Web Design Toronto

@kevinnivek: Is the price listed in US dollars?

@kevinnivek: Is the price listed in US dollars?
    yes its USD -- they take paypal as well. they're actually really nice. I dealt with Andrew when I used them.
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web
    ★ Managed VPS Hosting ★ Managed Wordpress Hosting ★ Managed Dedicated Hosting ★ Web Development ★ Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post

Would love to offer Chinese VPSes, but this dumb Licenses (License for this, License for that - License for Hosting, License for IPs, License for Video Streaming, License for Email Servers, License for VPN, License for SSL, License for Forums- ARRRRRRRRGH) are driving me nuts.
    I always wonder... Did you manage to get an IDC license, so that you have your own data centers in Chendu and Shenzhen? Or do you just have an ASP license maybe?

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnivek View Post
    yes its USD -- they take paypal as well. they're actually really nice. I dealt with Andrew when I used them.
    Very expensive to say the least, obviously aimed at more corporate market.

Quote Originally Posted by gplhost View Post
    I always wonder... Did you manage to get an IDC license, so that you have your own data centers in Chendu and Shenzhen? Or do you just have an ASP license maybe?

Thomas
    We managed to acquire an IDC License under a different company name (Registered in Mainland), which in turn is owned by our Hong Kong based Limited Company (which also has another name than in my Signature, because i got almost banned for using Chinese in the Signature...), which again is partly owned by a Bermuda based Holding to minimize taxes.

IDC Licenses are hard to get, but it is possible, ASP would at end still require someone with an IDC License to own the DC (hichina for example) and that they rent it to us then...
    Im not that familiar with the mainland chinese legal system (partly for sure because my mandarin is not really good), but that would sound logic.

China is a pure license chaos, it is not like everyone would acquire a license for everything he/she does - and nobody seems to care about it in any way - just like Pirating software/music/movies: everybody does it, nobody would admit it, and prosecutions are very rare, and even then the fines are very low.

The only reason for building out the Chinese market is (ironically) money & capitalism everywhere: Whatever you do, in China is money for it, no matter how odd it is.

Very expensive to say the least, obviously aimed at more corporate market.
    or aimed at people that need to host things off-shore

my understanding is that bandwidth is generally more expensive in places like antigua and curacao
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnivek View Post
    or aimed at people that need to host things off-shore

my understanding is that bandwidth is generally more expensive in places like antigua and curacao
    I would think offshore has gone past it's literal meaning by now. Offshore hosting has become rather a issue of regulations and enforcing of copyright infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhang View Post

我想要一个VPS =.=

Yes... who not, but it's simply not possible with the current laws.

if your looking for offshore hosting as a result of a desire for more relaxed associations with US laws (i.e. copyright, etc), the "citynethost" terms of service states :

"CITYNET TELECOM's services may only be according to the law. Any use of these services which violates any local or international laws which may apply to CITYNET TELECOM, your local jurisdiction, or any jurisdiction that you or your site may be subject to is strictly prohibited. "

Does anyone know off hand how Egyptian law applies in these cases? Does anyone have alternative suggestions? I love their prices but I'm not sure if Egyptian law is more conservative than US laws for that matter (not up to speed on my international law )
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast