adding Users in ASP.NET shared hosting ?

I'm a novice to Windows hosting. I have an account with DailyRazor which is ASP.NET 2.0 with Microsoft SQL Server 2005. It has Plesk 8.2 control panel.

When I go in and try to add a User to the SubWeb which contains all the ASP.NET files from a project, I get the error message The user 'xxxxxxxx' is not authorized to execute the 'Create Accounts' method.

Is this a webserver configuration error or something I did wrong?

If it is something I did wrong, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

It seems that you have not rights to create a new user.
    Contact you hosting provider.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

This is definately something you should talk to your hosting provider about.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Unfortunately, FP Webadmin does not allow to create accounts. Please create account via Plesk control panel.

This is the response I received from DailyRazor.

Is this correct ????

Yes this is correct. Allowing users to manage FP directly through the webadmin would cause a major security hole.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Yep, Plesk is how you should go about creating users at most hosts.
    ActiveHost - Upstate New York Data Center Services: Powering the Active Business with ProActive Service
    Windows and Linux Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dynamic Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    In business since 1996. Privately owned multi-million dollar data center. 24x7 Support.
    www.activehost.com sales@activehost.com 1-518-372-2842

Thank you all for the responses.

Unfortunately, using Plesk to create users does not exactly duplicate what the ASP.NET Website Administraton does with regards to writing the information to a SQL Server database.

That's different compared to Frontpage. You should just be able to ask them to map a virtual directory for you to get to ASP.NET Website Administration. All you'd need on your end is the correct web.config (if your host already ran the command to populate the users/roles tables that is).
    ActiveHost - Upstate New York Data Center Services: Powering the Active Business with ProActive Service
    Windows and Linux Cloud Hosting, VPS, Dynamic Dedicated Servers, Colocation
    In business since 1996. Privately owned multi-million dollar data center. 24x7 Support.
    www.activehost.com sales@activehost.com 1-518-372-2842

Quote Originally Posted by Will-AH View Post
    That's different compared to Frontpage. You should just be able to ask them to map a virtual directory for you to get to ASP.NET Website Administration. All you'd need on your end is the correct web.config (if your host already ran the command to populate the users/roles tables that is).
    I'm not sure what you mean about mapping a virtual directory etc.
    If you can give me a link that describes this in detail, I would very much appreciate it.

What I ended up doing was deploying the SQL Server Express 2005 database on my PC to the webhost's SQL Server 2005 with the Database Publishing Wizard. Not the most ideal thing to do should I want to add users.

I assume you're wanting to create application users using the SqlMembershipProvider.

You should be able to just drop a CreateUserWizard control on a page and create users with that.

oooooooo
    I am going to look into that!

Thanks.