looking for VPS w/o CP - $20~$25

Hi,

I am looking for a VPS without a Control panel for less than $25.

I own around 10 sites with extremely low hits, mostly personal homepages.

The requirements:

monthly price - < $25 (preferably < $20)
    minmum guaranteed RAM - 128
    root access and all usual stuff

I found an interesting plan at powervps hosting

looking for other options and welcome to suggestions.

sandosh

I just emailed servint.com and they again told me that vps is not compatable with the adf firewall, I wonder if they just dont think its stable

Originally posted by rbrowme
    I just emailed servint.com and they again told me that vps is not compatable with the adf firewall, I wonder if they just dont think its stable
    I've seen you posting something related to this on numerous occations. Did you ask?

yeah they didnt say why they just said it isnt compatible , its really confusing. How can one company say its okay and another its unstable?

Okay just got an email back from servint.com and here is what they said......

ServInt hasn't upgraded their servers to Virtuozzo 2.6.1 yet which supports the ip_conntrack and ipt_state kernel modules which APF needs.

Whats that got to do with this thread...The starter is looking for a $25 VPS... You really are in a twist over this ADF firewall /Servint issue....hundreds of Servint users are happy without it.

Go to PowerVPS...install your firewall there and for Gods sake....give it a rest.

http://www.powervps.com has a deal that fits your budget with a free basic CP.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Originally posted by rbrowme
    yeah they didnt say why they just said it isnt compatible , its really confusing. How can one company say its okay and another its unstable?
    Fair enough. But my point still stands. Should you not have asked before you go around in several forums, under various topics, claiming that ServInt is not for novice users; claiming that ServInt's help is horrible, etc.? Should you not have made sure that you have the full fact before making all those posts?

A strong proportion of your 27 posts are on ServInt. You claim that you are not ServInt bashing, but the impression you leave for others may suggest otherwise.

I heard that you're now with PowerVPS. Well, their reviews here are good -- I'm happy for you, and I hope that you are happy with them. But this thing between you and ServInt has to end some day. I for one don't feel like reading your demifacts with ServInt under all the which-VPS-should-I-get threads.

Linode.com has a VDS for $19.95/month

I have no idea how that got posted here!

I have no idea how that got posted here!
    Well you posted it ....DOH!!