blutekhosting.com experiences

Hi,

Anybody has experience with the Reseller Hosting Plans from blutekhosting?

And any information about the background of blutekhosting.com?

Thanks and best regards

-----------
    ex5316

This is what I found:

Name: blutekhosting.com
    IP Address: 69.57.139.174
    Network: EVRY-BLK-13

Registrant Contact
    Jose
    Jose Izquierdo (global_groove6@yahoo.com)
    xxxxxxxx
    FAX- none
    5220 Durie Road
    Mississauga, O L5M2C7
    CA
    ----------------
    Appear to be hosted at RackSpace.

Also found the username 'blutek' here at WHT.

No experiences, they seem to be a reseller for total-host.net (they left something lying around )

Prices very low, but that doesn't really give an indication of what their support will be like, might be great.

I'd say send off a couple of emails see what sort of response you get.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Hi all,

Thanks for your information. I sent some enquiries to blutekhosting.com, the response were very fast.

If anybody has using their Reseller Plans, please share your experiences.

Thanks and best regards

--------------
    ex5316

They are definitely on the same server as Total-Host.net and most likely a reseller. If you are comfortable with this and like their response time, then go for it. I would recommend doing as much information gathering as you can however.

CrazyTech,

Thanks for your advise. Actually, I have painful experiences with a hosting company I used two months ago. The price is high but extremely poor support. Therefore I begin to realize that high price do not gurantee good support.

Then I may change to ask the backgound and experience sharing of Total-Host.net.

Best regards

-----------------
    ex5316

This might help some. The search feature is a good tool to use on any host.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

Go with Kualo or Dathorn and you can sleep well

I would recommend you contact them and ask them presales questions.

Asking at WHT is a good thing to do, but not before you get information from them directly.

If they are slow to respond to presales questions, they will be slow to address your service/support concerns.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

I would seriously check those 2 companies out, total-host.net and bluetekhosting, also you may want broaden your scope as well, there are some great hosting companies on here, i would recommend crediblehost and idologic, both keep me informed all the time about everything.
    www.247globalhosts.com
    Hosting the way it should be.
    With Integrity, Honesty and Reliability.

Hi there yes we used to do some reselling for total-host. However, we now lease part of a server located in the Hurricane Electric Data Center in Fremont, CA and are considering a second server very soon. We are a farily new company but I can assure you we have highly qualified, experienced and knowledgeable staff working behind the scenes. Our response time has been excellent. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. thanks.

info@blutekhosting.com

Jose
    http://www.blutekhosting.com
    economical reliable web hosting

Jose who did you use to deal with over at total-host.net, good to see you going alone, good luck
    www.247globalhosts.com

Thanks Jablunka. The sever we lease is partly leased by total-host. We share the server but basically just do our own thing. Our next server will be all ours. I deal with Dan BTW.

Jose

Jose it was the surname i was after, but its no biggie, good luck anyway
    www.247globalhosts.com

full name is Dan Schofield.

Thanks blutek, just wondering that was all.
    www.247globalhosts.com

Hi all,

Thanks for your information. I would like to share my experience with you.

I have been doing domain and hosting business for almost 4 years. At the beginning, I truely believe that high price must have good performance and good support. I don't want to have any problem with my customers. Therefore I only use high price virtual hosting server to host the website of my clients. I had used a virtual server from a UK provider for three years (from 1999 - 2002). Do you know the price? It is about USD480.00 per year - 300MB storage space and 300 domains, no any control panel for me and my clients. I must admit that the support is excellent. However, my hosting plans are limited to small storage space and very high price. I only get about 10 hosting customers during this "high performance period".

Suddently, some day in September or October in year 2002, all our clients had problem in uploading webpages to their servers. It took over 3 minutes to upload a single webpage. Moreover, it always disconnected from the server due to time out.... The problem should be some routers on the Internet in our path had problem. The situation last for about 2 weels. "Luckily" enough, I did not have many clients.

From that day, I decided to give up the Hosting company because:
    1. The price was really too high. Our hosting plans lack competition.
    2. Their server were excellent but other factors would also affect the performance, e.g. routers on the Internet, Internet connection speed, etc...

Therefore I start to use a "medium price" hosting company with WHM/cPanel by the end of year 2002. The cost is only about 3% of our old hosting company (in term of web space and price). Our hosting plans suddently become very competitive again. The most important is all clients have a cPanel to manage their account. The service is almost same as the old hosting company. Since we only get a very small profit, the server is full in two months. We got another three "low price" Reseller accounts from other three hosting companies later on. We only begin to make a very small profit in hosting business since year 1999.

Sometimes, low price does not necessarily mean no service or poor service. It largely depends on the marketing strategy and working attitude of the hosting companies.

Best regards

-------------------
    ex5316

Hi ex5316. I totally understand your concern. We feel that our service speaks for itself and all of our customers have been very pleased, thus far. Just because our prices are low doesnt mean we slack off on support and quality. This is a very competitive market and we are here to compete. You are more than welcome to try out our services for 30 days free and judge for yourself.

Jose

info@blutekhosting.com

I was with blutekhosting and they have been a nightmare! For months, I was being double charged by them for my account, and I still have not been able to get a clear answer as to whether that has been resolved.

Then for 2 days my site went down, and their official website www.blutekhosting.com went down too! Up and vanished, with no word whatsoever from their "Technical Support Team" ((and I use that title VERY loosely)). I run a business, and it is extremely important that my site stay online, so with no word from them, and having my support emails bounce back, I left and went to a new host.

Their official site just went back online today, and hours later STILL not a single email to their customers to inform us of why service was disrupted, and what the problem was. I was finally able to get through to their email server and sent them an email asking to cancel my service, and I'm STILL waiting for a reply!

If you value your website's stability & uptime, a host's technical support service and you want a reliable host. By all means....DO NOT use blutekhosting.com!!! If you run your website for ANYTHING other than a personal web page ((and even then I wouldn't want anything to do with blutekhosting even then!!)) .. stay away!!

There are much better services available that are stable, reliable & affordable. Don't settle for anything less! Do a search on the various webhosting talk forums and you'll find exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck!

I have had really terrible experiences with Blutek, and I will be posting a full episode by episode record of my experiences online soon. In just the past few months: 20 hours downtime in September, 25 hours downtime in October, and in the first three days of November I have had over 40 hours of downtime.

I have been lied to by their live chat people. In the current crisis, in which all sites got lost, a lewd blog was shown on any client site with /blog/ and databases are still missing, they first told me they were "upgrading" and I would have to wait for DNS updates. The next day they told me it was a "hard disk crash" and later "technical issues with the server" which still are unresolved. They threw up partial restores of some sites, none of others, and have never sent any notification (one of their techs said "an email was sent out to everyone" and then when I demanded I get a copy too in the same live chat session, he then said, "no email was sent")

Tickets can't be submitted from their site because the confirmation number doesn't appear, their Clientexec system has been shut down, their billing emails no longer go out, and their live chat has several hours of waiting time. When you finally get on to talk to their tech reps, you have to wait a minute or two for every answer to anything and then they often ignore your question and just say "yes sir" or "i'm on your issue" or "we are looking into this" and don't ever ever take responsibility for their problems. They have no status page, no support forums, and their site usually goes down with everyone's server....

This has been a total nightmare for me...I'm switching to a new reseller and am in desperate need of a reliable service...I'm looking into matrixreseller right now but still open...this time I want to be able to read real positive reviews in multiple locations online before I go with any reseller hosting company...

Man, didn't realize that you were reselling! Not only is bluetekhossting an inconvenience to you, but it sure makes you look bad as a business!

I've had more problems with them than I can recollect, so I won't do a play by play just yet, as they did this to me with another site I had hosted with them as well. Just don't have the time or patience to go over it all again lol

Good luck, keep us posted!

blutekhosting lier

blutekhosting cheated me few times .... pls be cereful if you wanted to deal with them .
    jose cheated me 2 times and i never get hold of him .
    no reply .. no answer ...

Re: blutekhosting lier

Originally posted by halim
    blutekhosting cheated me few times .... pls be cereful if you wanted to deal with them .
    jose cheated me 2 times and i never get hold of him .
    no reply .. no answer ...
    I'm sorry halim, but your post just isn't credible. At least you haven't spammed WHT with this (or any other) message:

http://forums.devshed.com/showthread...240#post522240
    http://www.forumforwebmasters.com/showthread.php?t=414
    http://www.forumforwebmasters.com/showthread.php?t=417

Constantly posting the same message doesn't reinforce your point, instead it calls your credibility into question, as does your refusal to elaborate on this information when questioned, and your refusal to address any of the issues José brought up in his reply to you. <edit>Also, that was a year ago! If you haven't resolved this by now, get over it!

If you would stop to listen, or perhaps do some research before irresponsibly (and persistently) making baseless allegations against José, you might have discovered that your problems started after he sold the company. Companies are bought and sold all the time, there's nothing inherently wrong with that.

Your post also has no relevance to the current issues with blutekhosting. It appears to me that José sold the company to the owner you had problems with, who in turn sold it to the current owner. I would feel sorry that you had problems with this company, except that you failed to respond to your own (halim-hosting) customer's similar allegation against you in those threads on forumforwebmasters.

I would also feel sorry about how the Korean government destroyed your life, except for the same problems: you cut-and-pasted the same message to multiple forums, and when asked to elaborate or offer any proof whatsoever of what you were saying you only responded by accusing those posters of being heartless jerks. What compelled you to post this on the Teacher Discussion Forum?

http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/teache...pic.php?t=1451
    http://www.eslcafe.com/forums/teache...h_author=halim

Welcome to WHT, but none of those antics here, please.
    If you are unwilling to provide details or facts to reinforce your position, then kindly refrain from accusing anyone of fraud.

Nice SEO tactics, btw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails halim-hosting.png  
    Last edited by BigBison; 02-24-2005 at 04:18 PM.

He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog

Layout error on Firefox. On IE it's ok.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog