Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just submitted site to google but???

just submitted my site but when i click on done a blank page came up so i tried again and same thing. have a actually submitted my site or not?? thanks

What do you mean submitted your site to google? Do you mean adwords or just when you search for your site?

Manually submitting your site to Google is never a good idea. The best way is to get backlinks from sites with a good pagerank and then getting BigG to crawl your site automatically. Tried and tested, it works better than manual submissions.
    [[ Reyox Communications / USA based cloud servers & support / 9 years of hosting websites ]]
    [[ Affordable ASP.NET4, ColdFusion, PHP & MS-SQL, MySQL, cPanel/WHM & Windows Reseller Hosting + Virtual Private Servers ]]
    (www.reyox.com) - Mention WHT and get a discount on your first month!

It takes time to actually get into the Google DB, and propogate across it.

The best way I've found to get your site into google is to first sign up for the webmaster tools at google. Then you can add your site to your webmaster tools and google will generate an identifier that you can upload to your website directory. Once uploaded, just wait for the crawl and check back using the webmaster tools and you can see when your site was added to google.
    Larry Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    What do you mean submitted your site to google? Do you mean adwords or just when you search for your site?
    I think he means that when he clicks to submit his site, instead of getting a thanks for your submission or whatever, a blank page is displayed instead.

This has been going on for months. What Google did to muck it up is beyond me, however the problem is only present with ms explorer. Firefox does not exhibit this problem.

They've also had problems with their webmaster tools login all weekend. Some weird security warning that no matter how many times you click OK, will not dissapear, so you need to hit NO. Great... Now you can't complete your login.

Sigh..

D.

Yeah I just submitted my a site a couple days ago with Firefox, and it worked fine. But I agree with the others that it is much easier to get backlinks and wait for the crawler to get you.
    HostPinnacle - Security. Speed.Simplicity.
    Reliable webhosting with trusted customer service.
    e-mail: info@hostpinnacle.com

This means you are only a big list , to be indexed , nothing else.

OK, I have also heard that submitting is not a good idea... especially since it doesn't even seem to work now....

Ideally, make sure to get an incoming link from some reputable site and Google will use that trail to find you.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by ReyoxHosting View Post
    Manually submitting your site to Google is never a good idea. The best way is to get backlinks from sites with a good pagerank and then getting BigG to crawl your site automatically. Tried and tested, it works better than manual submissions.
    I have heard about web crawlers.

Can you recommend a source of info where you can learn these web traffic increasing techniques, like a book, or an online article?

Quote Originally Posted by Nadabrahma View Post
    OK, I have also heard that submitting is not a good idea... especially since it doesn't even seem to work now....

Ideally, make sure to get an incoming link from some reputable site and Google will use that trail to find you.
    How much do you pay for such a link, please, and where do you find a good spot to place it?

Quote Originally Posted by ReyoxHosting View Post
    Actually i do not recommend this to all.

The best way to get in the index is to signup for Webmaster Tools....Plain and simple. If you want to rank well have good content and quality incoming links and you will be a happy person - Easier said than done though
    IPOWERWEB, My Web Hosting Provider for OVER Four Years - IPOWERWEB

If it didn't go through its not the end of the world as if you build some backlinks your site will be crawled automatically by the Googlebot

Quote Originally Posted by Biju View Post
    Actually i do not recommend this to all.
    Sign up for adsense, the adsense bot and googlebots will visit within a few days.
    Last edited by Annex; 09-10-2007 at 05:11 PM.
    Looking for Work level 1-3 Support Tech, Sales/billing tech, Odd management Jobs, and PHP/Mysql small jobs.
    PM me or drop me an email at mm(AT)gotannex(dot)com
    http://monitor.gotannex.com/

I'm actually trying to Google to crawl my blog too. But i don't think i can use the webmaster's tool because I have my blog with Blogger and can't do the verification thing.

I know getting some back links is a good idea. Is there an easy way to get legitimate back links?

Manually submitting your site to Google is never a good idea.
    It can't hurt though.

Can you recommend a source of info where you can learn these web traffic increasing techniques, like a book, or an online article?
    http://www.highrankings.com/forum/
    http://www.highrankings.com/articles.htm
    http://sitepointforums.com

Adding Adsense is effective, Googlebot visits in a few days

Yes, with adsense is the best way!

thanks for all your replies everyone. yes i also have a couple of decent backlinks but thought i'll submit my site to cover my bases. it looks like if you got backlinks and content google will come looking anyway.

backlinks are the best. I own a real big site that gets thousands of googlebot visits a day. If I like to a brand new site/domain from that busy site, google will have it listed within 6-8 hours!

Do some dir submission... it will help you.

Google Social Bookmarking & SEO. Submitting my freshly reged domain to digg.com got me listed in google for correct keywords within 3 days. There is no guarantee though And not saying this is a proven method for all but worked very well for me.
    Dave

Wait a minute! Did you submit to dmoz.org? There shouldn't be a blank page. For submitting sites to Google, you have to include credible information before it becomes indexed. It was probably an error. Try restarting your browser and clearing your cookies, and MAKE SURE it is for GOOGLE only.

submission is not a good idea,
    either a high pr page link to your site or adsense is better than submission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast