billy Guest
    You people are really shameless, why would you close the election news thread? Are you trying to protect your lovely friend Annette? This is supposed to be a "public" board, I understand that if I am cursing, or making racist comments, then you can close off the thread. However I am just expressing my views, but since I don't aggree with your leftist views, I can't post. Should have figured.
      0 Not allowed!

Pardon? Posting insults against people who you don't know? Puh-lease.

I have no interest in defending Annette or anyone for that matter, but let me make this clear : name-calling and what not is not tolerated on this board.

For example, if you see the other thread on politics (US President by akashik) that is still open. Feel free to post there if you like.
    My 2 Cents.... (or is that 2.2 cents inc. GST...?)

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.
      0 Not allowed!

BC/Chicken - I would highly recommend nuking this thread and the previous one before it turns into yet another crap-filled thread like that other one, where rationality was apparently not available to some people.
    Annette
    Hosting Matters, Inc.
    Superior service. Sensible price.
      0 Not allowed!

billy Guest
    If anything she was calling me names. Not I calling her names.
      0 Not allowed!

billy Guest
    Annette, I see you are buddy buddy with B/c, he isn't trying to save you? Attention people out there, this is how liberals act, if they can't match you in a argument, they try to shut down your voice.
      0 Not allowed!

"You can't handle the truth!" - Jack Nicholson.

If you can back up your arguments with fact and figures, then we'll listen to you. If you keep making unsubstantiated claims, then you're just another troll, plain and simple.

Have a think about this : Programming is like sex. Make a single little mistake, and you'll be supporting it for the rest of your life.
      0 Not allowed!

For a new user our friend Billy seems to know allot about this board ... I wonder what's his real nick

PS - and don't give me the BS "I've been just watching for the past month"
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine
      0 Not allowed!

billy Guest
    CRego3D, I know you won't believe this, I once posted on another name, that's it, I have observed alot of posts recently, i.e. JustCurious. I have seen enough to know that Anette and the moderators are in bed together, soo to speak.
      0 Not allowed!

Very well then. Post your proof. Or do we have to go through all this rigmarole again?

0 Not allowed!

Cool

billy, being a jerk, get's you nowhere.
      0 Not allowed!

billy Guest
    Of course I don't have any proof, I have more of a life then to sit around and keep track of every post. So we agree to disagree. I apologize for the trouble that I caused, I still have not changed my opinion about the boards bias, but we have gotten way off track of the original post, so perhaps you should lock this thread before I get myself into more trouble :-). Good Night.
      0 Not allowed!

Before I lock this thread, let me elaborate on something.

It's all very well to discuss this and that (especially if it's something as opinionated as politics), but unless you can back it up with positive proof, then you'll be treated by members of this forum as a troll or just an idiot without proof. It's the same on nearly every forum, Usenet and chat area across the entire Net.

If you had a look at the US President thread you'll see that one has some excellent posts, and that's because everyone keeps it clean. They don't insult others - they may rebut strongly, but at least they make their point without having to resort to crude unsubstantiated claims or language or similar.

The Net is a weird environ : it allows you to vent whatever you want to vent on while remaining anonymous. However, the lack of body language and communication makes it hard to fully comprehend another's posts (and the sense of humour/seriousness/sarcasm/bite behind it), and thus people will react accordingly by over-reacting or posting an off-topic reply. So that's why I always recommend people to watch their own Ps and Qs when they talk so that they're not misunderstood and lend themselves to flame wars.

On to the bias bit : the mods have been accused of being biased to certain hosts, with these accusations posted only in the last week. I should point out that unless a forum already has rules where it strictly prohibits moderators from interacting and offering useful advice, then you will always find some bias with posts from moderators, whether it be WHT, SitePoint, AOL, Delphi or your local bulletin board. We're all human, not robots.

That said, I (and I'm sure the other mods will back me up on this) strongly refute any suggestion that we have a particular bias towards Annette. Sure, it may seem that we often recommend her company (and for very good reasons too) and we play 'buddy-buddy', but that was formed long ago before we became moderators (and in the board's infancy). At the same time, if Annette committed any offence I would have no hesitation in remonstrating or banning her, period.

I should also add that I don't keep track of every post - rather you just happened to catch me when I was perusing the forum. I have a 9-5 daily schedule (with University and work), as well as spending my time at the beaches perving on babes. (OK, I wasn't serious there, but I do like to go out and get pissed often )

Since Billy requested that the thread be closed, I'll grant his request.

Thread closed.

[Edited by BC on 11-10-2000 at 01:34 AM]

0 Not allowed!