my cpanel skin.. please review

i was wondering if i could get some feedback on this. This is my first attempt at a cpanel skin.

It's a heavily modded x skin, i rewrote most of the html for the icons, and made some changes to the information tables. stdheader and stdfooter have been completely rewritten. In the midst of all this ive also learned how to hack features into cpanel which im currently working on such as tutorials, knowledgebase, and ticket system... maybe a couple of others too !

If you're wondering about the crystal icons, please take notice:

http://artist.kde.org/new/license.html

anyways, a screenshot is attached...

preview here
    Last edited by case; 02-02-2004 at 08:57 PM.

I love it, its got great color contrast, its easy to read and navigate , the crystal icons give it a wonderfull look.
    www.ehost4cheap.com
    AIM:EHclientcenter

Fantastic and amazing. When you gonna sell?

thank you for the comments. I'm not sure about selling it. If it is something im going to sell i want to make sure it works really well plus the other features i talked about.

The icons on the current cPanel X themes make absolutely no sense whatsoever. For example. "chatroom" and "phpmychat" use the PhotoShop icon, and Manage OpenPGP Keys , Index Manager, and IP Deny Manager all use the Microsoft Access icon.

Yours are way better!

Originally posted by sightz
    The icons on the current cPanel X themes make absolutely no sense whatsoever. For example. "chatroom" and "phpmychat" use the PhotoShop icon, and Manage OpenPGP Keys , Index Manager, and IP Deny Manager all use the Microsoft Access icon.

Yours are way better!
    Thats exactly what prompted this little project of mine, all the dis organization of icons. I was sick of having everything all scattered about. Ive always thought the icons should be grouped by type.

I took out those scripts like cgi center, phpchatroom, forum, agora(how old is agora, does ANYONE use it?... serious question). Im going to add them back, with the exception of a couple that pose as security issues. Im going to make another little section called "scripts & ecommerce"

Im starting to get way hyped about this, lol.

So im giving myself a little todo:

rearrange certain icons that use the <cpanel if> feature so that if they are not supported on ones system there will be no empty spots in the icon sections. example

current, x = icons in the section (example section: domain management)

all feature
    x x x x x

unsupported
    x x x _ x

change to:

all features:
    x x x x x

unsupported
    _ x x x x

yes , i know this graph sucks, but what ill change it to is purely cosmetic so if you decide not have a feature like ssh or postgres the icons wont just be missing, they'll be on the outside of the row and look as if they never exsisted.

1. Add the ecommerce and scripts section, remove formail and replace with tar'd php script including instruction and example form. Mesh scripts together by type (havent decided how).

2. Hack in some features, like knowledge base, ticket piping so ticket system doesnt matter. general billing, sales, support stuff

3. ssh java applet: Completely get rid of this applet, offer up downloads from within cpanel such as putty, macssh, and of course openssh (why anyone wouldnt have a terminal on a *nix system is beyond me, but just to be thorough)

4. find a way to hack the status page, those tables are dog ugly and need to be changed.

5. Maybe add a downloads section, (if you supply the tools to your customers, it's easier to support them on those tools)

6. Replace the "documention" with flash tutorials that come with the skin

if anyone thinks of anything else, please let me know.

Im off to work, hopefully i can get alot of this done tonight

I'd be interested in purchasing it - its a very nice skin - much better than x/x2.

If your going to sell it, please get in touch.

yes you could make a some $ off a skin like this
    www.ehost4cheap.com
    AIM:EHclientcenter

Nice KDE. Gotta love the power of open source! I would love a copy of this when you decide t sell it. Please contact me!
    Pirate Radio ::: The Internet's Best Source For Alternative Rock
    Click Here To Listen To Pirate Radio @128kbps!
    Make A Request: requests@pirate-radio.us
    Pirate Radio IRC Network: irc.pirate-radio.us #lounge