Turnkey Internet ultimate reseller one month review

Hello WHT!!! So I know alot of people are probably waiting on a review of Turnkey Internets new ultimate reseller packages found here.

My account with turnkey internet was activated on the 5th, so it's pretty much one month to date I have been using there services.

Sign up: Prior to signing up, I went on live chat on a few different occasions to ask pre-sales questions. Adam @ Turnkey was the rep I dealt with most of the time, and he was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. I'm very cautious when it comes to choosing a host - I too looked around and saw a lack of reviews for Turnkey Internet. The value of the plan, however, far exceeded the cost - and adam managed to sell me :p Accounts normally take up to 24 hours for activation( a good sign - showing manual approval), but Adam approved mine almost instantly for me as I was talking with him over live chat.

Support Experiences: I am not using Turnkey Internets end user support, I have however had experience with their general support. In most cases I simply submitted a support ticket for issues. WHMCS license key was provided quickly. At one point I managed to get myself banned from the server, and had to call in - the issue was once again quickly resolved. I've submitted almost 10 support tickets - and all have them have been handled to my satisfaction.

Speed: Server loads average under .4 - expected considering server specs. 100% uptime since signup.

Features: WHMCS license included = Great.
    Domain reseller account = Great(instant setup, no deposit required, inexpensive domains)
    Knowledge base Articles = Once again, a useful freebie.

Turnkey's website is somewhat lacking in appeal to the shared/reseller market, which is understandable considering their history.

Overall Rating:4.8/5
    Cost: 5/5
    Support: 4.5/5
    Features: 5/5
    Hosting: 5/5

If your considering signing up with them feel free to ask me questions based on my experiences.

I've reported my domain to moderators for verification.
    Last edited by Mike Hobgood; 06-04-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: adding detail
    \\\\ High Performance Business Grade LiteSpeed Hosting
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs
    \\\\ get WIRED \|/ general(AT)wiredwebwork.com \|/ 240-670-HOST
    //// True Quality 24/7 support(Chat, Email, Ticket) 9-5 est. phone support

I've reported my domain to moderators for verification.
    Domain received and hosted by Turnkey Internet since at least 15th of May.

Good to know you are happy with them, Also I heard they offer free end user support using Vision Helpdesk Software? How does that work?

Does a Reseller get a user login too to solve tickets?

I did give the end user support a go. You have to submit a support ticket, and they install the support desk @ support.yourdomain.com fairly quickly(less than 12 hours). As the reseller, yes, you do get an additional login with administrator functionality. Personally Vision Helpdesk did not meet my needs for as a help desk solution, which is the only reason I am not using their end-user support.

The Vision help desk software is just ...(and this is opinionated)... not as good. The desktop application doesn't serve much point as you can't respond from tickets using it. Also because of the fact that other Administrators were listed in the admin section, as in from other hosting companies who I presume had ultimate hosting accounts at Turnkey. I'm pretty positive they couldn't access my tickets, but the idea of it still somewhat deterred me.

If they provided end user support through WHMCS I'd be one happy camper right now :p
    //// Shared \|/ Reseller \|/ Dedicated \|/ Custom Tailored Solutions \|/ Domains \|/ SSL Certs

WHMCS is good for billing but support module is too short compared to any traditional helpdesk. Thats just my opinion

I've used Vision in the past. Overall, the satellite function is most likely how Turnkey is utilizing Vision Helpdesk. The "other" admins you saw might have been from other hosting companies, but they cannot see/reply to your tickets (unless given access to your actual desk)

They most likely have multiple portal files installed for you and the other hosts.

Vision helpdesk in that way is pretty unique and helpful, especially for those that want to offer end-user support...but it can only import one WHMCS helpdesk in the admin portal from what I remember, which means, you either have to switch to their portal, or can't use WHMCS.
    Live the day in courage |

thanks Mike for pointing me their direction.

I just signed up with TurnkeyInternet after a bad experience with another host.

I had a chat with Adam and like what you said I had my WHM and cPanel up and running after just half an hour! Also they sent an email that they're already working on WHCMS setup. The site is not working yet which is normal because it would take about 24 hrs to propagate. I was given a temporary site using IP address which is great so I can start testing my pages.

Will update later.

Vision Helpdesk or Satellite Helpdesk

Quote Originally Posted by vWiz View Post
    I've used Vision in the past. Overall, the satellite function is most likely how Turnkey is utilizing Vision Helpdesk. The "other" admins you saw might have been from other hosting companies, but they cannot see/reply to your tickets (unless given access to your actual desk)
    Yes you can control each Staff or Admin access with vision helpdesk.

I found their video tutorials on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/VisionHelpdesk

They most likely have multiple portal files installed for you and the other hosts.
    Addon domains have different client portals, staff or admin portal remains one.

Vision helpdesk in that way is pretty unique and helpful, especially for those that want to offer end-user support...but it can only import one WHMCS helpdesk in the admin portal from what I remember, which means, you either have to switch to their portal, or can't use WHMCS.
    This is not correct if you go to their Settings Tab :: Integration :: WHMCS :: their they have domain field where you can set whmcs login details for each company. That means you can have one whmcs integrated for each company.

does that mean that I can use the Vision Helpdesk software and my customers can submit tickets via WHMCS?

I asked the staff if it was possible to do and they said no. I think its only possible for one integration per install of vision. It sure would be great if it was possible!

so this would work with one whmcs and vision helpdesk, but not for more?

would my customers need to login to vision helpdesk (support.domain.com) to submit tickets? anyone know how that works?