Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

**Alabanza / NaviSite Datacenter Migration FIASCO!**

My servers with Alabanza are down since last night, their supports are not answering the phone. Anyone knows what happen?

Is alabanza site still up? Try also emailing them or opening a support ticket.

Seems it's not coming up too.
    I won't think that is a good sign. How many hours it has been down?

It has been down for more than 9 hours now.

9 hours with out any update doesn't look good. Things like this can happen at any time for any host, but they should be able to update their clients with out pushing them into total darkness.

You have multiple servers with them? and all are down including their site?

Alabanza was acquired by Navisite. They're currently migrating the servers to the navisite Andover NOC - they hope to have everything back online by 6:00pm EST.

yes, even their web site is down.

They charge me $900/month per server, with no toll free support lines, and normal ticket respond time is 1 to 2 business days, their support is worse than company that sells $89 server. I am thinking of switching.

Response times of 1 -2 days is too bad in this business. You said $900 you mean monthly or yearly?
    If things are going like that, I guess it's time to think about moving.

$900 is monthly fee.

It would be a pain in the a** to move with hundreds of hosting accounts on the servers, still trying to figure out a way....

Quote Originally Posted by yesme View Post
    $900 is monthly fee.

Shall I ask you about the server specs? And if you have same control panels in both servers transfer is pretty easy. What control panel are you using?
    In Cpanel, you can do that with a couple of clicks.

The server specs are:

2 x Intel Xeon 2.4 GHz Processors
    2 GB RAM
    3 x 18 GB SCSI Hard Drives
    750 GB Transfer, $3/GB overage
    3 Class C's -- up to 768 IPs
    100 Control Panels included
    Java Server Pages

The server does come with up to 768 IPs, but it's not a selling point,
    since most hostings nowaday are using shared IPs.

They use their own developed control panel, and they charge
    $1 per cp beyond the first 100 free cp. In other words,
    if I have 768 hosting accounts on the server all using their cp,
    I will be paying about $1500 per month!!!

Change of Provider! that's way to pricey, there's a function in Cpanel to move accounts from Alabanza to Cpanel, the process is done automatically by Cpanel. Even if you have to pay to somebody to fix anything after, it's going to be cheaper than keep paying that.

That really is a huge price. I guess you are paying too much. I think you should think about switching. As Jedito suggested you will be able to transfer to a Cpanel server and will be able to save more than half of that amount monthly.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I will look into that.

By the way you got any update from them? Servers are still down?
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-06-2007 at 08:47 PM.

I just got a reply from them an hour ago saying they are migrating my servers. Their early October notice said server migration will be done by 10/20, I didn't expect they are still doing that in Nov.; they don't even bother to update me on that.

Quote Originally Posted by yesme View Post
    I just got a reply from them an hour ago saying they are migrating my servers. Their early October notice said server migration will be done by 10/20, I didn't expect they are still doing that in Nov.; they don't even bother to update me on that.
    Just get out of there as soon as you can. That's absolutly unacceptable for any host especially for the amount your paying.

If you need any advice re: a real quality provider who wont overcharge you, feel free to <<ask in the forum>>.
    Last edited by bear; 11-04-2007 at 06:53 AM.

Hello,

Navisite has announced that the migration will take place today 2 weeks ago, they have a conference line for Alabanza server owners, we're more than 40 people in the conference right now and they update us all the time.

The fact that the user who wrote this complaint doesn't read his e-mails doesn't mean Alabanza didn't notify him...

Navisite planned for some reason to "consolidate" their datacenters, so with barely any warning, and day after day of delays in implementation because they hadn't worked the bugs out, they barged ahead and did the transfer, blythely promising their clients that the downtime would be reasonably short, if sadly inevitable.

The result has been a total fiasco. This is the schedule for when "everything would be back up and running" according to the emails sent to their "Valued Customers".

Saturday 12 noon

Saturday 4 pm

Saturday 6 pm

Saturday 10 pm

Sunday 6 am

Sunday Noon

Sunday 5 pm - Midnight

...and mind you, the sites have all pretty much been down since 2 am Eastern time Saturday morning (or earlier), November 3rd.

Literally THOUSANDS of critical web sites, some the entire livelihoods of families, businesses, and organizations were simultaneously wiped out and every deadline for bringing them back online has gone unmet. Navisite should have admitted defeat and reverted back to the Alabanza data center when they missed the 4pm deadline after missing the 12 noon deadline.

This is outrageous and reckless behavior by this company. Customers are infuriated as many of them are small hosting providers with hundreds or thousands of their own clients, all of whom are being wiped out simultaneously with no recourse. This is causing serious damage to both Navisite's reputation and the hapless web hosting firms that have been caught up in their maw after previouly enjoying long-standing productive relationships with Alabanza.

Navisite better get out its checkbook and start voluntarily offering settlements or else it's probably going to have quite a few lawsuits on its hands.

Whoever was in charge of making this call needs to be FIRED, at a minimum, for Navisite to retain any credibility at all. I don't know what the upside was to doing this "migration", but it's been horribly botched and significant economic damage has been the result, not to mention the ruining of reputations in the independent hosting industry and the devastation of many businesses who rely on their web sites for their livelihood.

During a conference call this afternoon (36 hours into the disaster) with scores of irate customers who were watching their businesses crumble before their eyes, Navisite offered up a PR guy instead of one of their executives in a shameful display of corporate cowardice. If I were a shareholder, I'd want the entire management team ousted.

What a total and complete fiasco. Outrageous, unbelievable, horrifying.

A complete unmitigated disaster. It will be interesting to see how much this winds up costing them.

**Alabanza / NaviSite Datacenter Migration FIASCO!**

If your website is unreachable and you are hosted by an Alabanza reseller, NaviSite who have recently purchased Alabanza Corporation attempted to complete a datacenter migration, however this has been such a fiasco, all Alabanza clients have been down for 48+ hours plus.

We are a reseller for an Alabanza web host and have already recieved over 30 cancellations via our phone support.

Heres more information about this Fiasco!

Navisite planned for some reason to "consolidate" their datacenters, so with barely any warning, and day after day of delays in implementation because they hadn't worked the bugs out, they barged ahead and did the transfer, blythely promising their clients that the downtime would be reasonably short, if sadly inevitable.

The result has been a total fiasco. This is the schedule for when "everything would be back up and running" according to the emails sent to their "Valued Customers".

Saturday 12 noon

Saturday 4 pm

Saturday 6 pm

Saturday 10 pm

Sunday 6 am

Sunday Noon

Sunday 5 pm - Midnight

...and mind you, the sites have all pretty much been down since 2 am Eastern time Saturday morning (or earlier), November 3rd.

Literally THOUSANDS of critical web sites, some the entire livelihoods of families, businesses, and organizations were simultaneously wiped out and every deadline for bringing them back online has gone unmet. Navisite should have admitted defeat and reverted back to the Alabanza data center when they missed the 4pm deadline after missing the 12 noon deadline.

This is outrageous and reckless behavior by this company. Customers are infuriated as many of them are small hosting providers with hundreds or thousands of their own clients, all of whom are being wiped out simultaneously with no recourse. This is causing serious damage to both Navisite's reputation and the hapless web hosting firms that have been caught up in their maw after previouly enjoying long-standing productive relationships with Alabanza.

Navisite better get out its checkbook and start voluntarily offering settlements or else it's probably going to have quite a few lawsuits on its hands.

Whoever was in charge of making this call needs to be FIRED, at a minimum, for Navisite to retain any credibility at all. I don't know what the upside was to doing this "migration", but it's been horribly botched and significant economic damage has been the result, not to mention the ruining of reputations in the independent hosting industry and the devastation of many businesses who rely on their web sites for their livelihood.

During a conference call this afternoon (36 hours into the disaster) with scores of irate customers who were watching their businesses crumble before their eyes, Navisite offered up a PR guy instead of one of their executives in a shameful display of corporate cowardice. If I were a shareholder, I'd want the entire management team ousted.

A complete unmitigated disaster. It will be interesting to see how much this winds up costing them.

Saturday 12 noon

Saturday 4 pm

Saturday 6 pm

Saturday 10 pm

Sunday 6 am

Sunday Noon

Sunday 5 pm - Midnight

Wow, that is terrible.. hopefully it is fixed soon .
    Also you pasted your text time.

Good luck

From a large customer:

A rough estimate is that somewhere around 175,000 individual sites are/were affected.

** Subscribes to thread....

Sirius

I feel pretty bad for the resellers (I purchase hosting from one of them who happens to be wonderful). Alabanza has really seemed to be reliable and the last time I can remember significant downtime was the fire several years ago.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast