Bad Experience with Razor Servers

I hate to post stuff like this up, but I'm having trouble with Razor Servers. Here's the story:

I ordered a dedicated server through them at the beginning of November as I needed one. Things went well and they promised a one day turnaround and I got it in two days. No biggie. Server ran great and besides billing me extra by mistake (which they had good response on and I opted to let them keep it for future credit) I was pretty happy with them.

December came around and the site that I run grew so fast that the first server was starting to crash. So, on the 4th of December, I ordered a better server and did my best to keep my current site up. I didnt hear anything for a few days so I emailed them, called and left a message, opened a trouble ticket on thier site and opened another one in my current account trying to get a response over the course of several days and a weekend. I bet I called two dozen times over a few days.

Nothing.

On the 11th, I gave up, opened a paypal dispute and went somewhere else and moved my site that night.

On the 12th I got an email from Matt over there saying he had been trying to email me for at least a week on this.

Well Ok, maybe thats the case but other emails were fine but we can give him the benefit of the doubt. But he also had my phone number and there wasnt any response to the tickets that I opened. I was checking them.

So, anyway he then told me that they were out of the type of server that I ordered and it would be another 4 or more days untill they have it.

Well I can understand that, but why charge me for soemthing they cannot give give me? Or at least let me know of the time frame up front.

So then he agreed to cancel the new server order and refund my money which he did right away and that was great.

Our discussion went into the next day and he agreed to cancel the current account that I was not using anymore and refund me the difference, just let him know how much I was owed. No problem. I sent him an email with all payments in, what should stay and what should go so he could take a look at it himself.

Thats the last I have heard from him. No reponse to emails.

I also got another invoice from them for January so it looks like the account was not canceled. I emailed their billing about the invoice but no response on that. Big surprise.

So, should I open paypal disputes on all that I feel I should get back?

Or should I go through the communication mess with them again?

I think Matt is a decent guy but maybe he is spread too thin or something. If you can get his attention, you get good service. But getting some type of response is not easy. Trying to call for days and days with nobody answering the phone on any extensions is just nuts.

I decided to post here to see if I could get a response from him. I'm sure he will give me the email thing again, but thats fine.

I just want this to be closed. And I kept all of the emails to back this up also.

Thanks.

hmm, I am kinda surprised by this. *subscribing.
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T

Looks many Hosting providers not living upto there promises now days.

Unfortunately I guess Paypal will not help you. Recently I had a very bad experience with an Australian kiddy disguised as Web hosting company. Nothing their site says or promises is true. At a point I asked a refund according their 30 day money back guarantee. They refused to honour the "guarantee" and stopped talking. I then filled a "Significantly Not as Described" dispute with Paypal hoping some help to solve the case. Paypal replied:

As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund.
    Last edited by dotHostel; 01-02-2008 at 01:49 PM.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

seems they just trying to keep you as customer than payback, with some there sales gimmicks, you should complain paypal with all the info you have, tickets,chats etc.

sorry for bad experience.

I'd like to hear from him before I do anything like that. Last time though, it did take a paypal dispute befire I got a response.

I've seen Matt post up here before so I thought this might get a response. Hate to take this route but dont know what else to do.

As far as I can remember, someone over from Razor Servers participates on this forum - I hope they notice this thread and help you out.
    http://www.rskeens.com
    A casual blog mainly about the web hosting industry

There is no way that Matt is trying to just scam a few dollars. I am sorry but I just don't believe that. He is an upstanding guy and as you said before he resolved things for you quickly when you reached him.

The fact that you cannot reach him as often as you say is troubling but I am sure there is a good reason for it.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by Coolraul View Post
    There is no way that Matt is trying to just scam a few dollars. I am sorry but I just don't believe that. He is an upstanding guy and as you said before he resolved things for you quickly when you reached him.

The fact that you cannot reach him as often as you say is troubling but I am sure there is a good reason for it.
    I dont think he is trying to scam me either. But the communication thing is rediculas.

Still no responses to email. Tomorow, I'll start calling and leaving messages and making new trouble tickets again.

i have had a good experience in the past with razor servers. Sorry LOL

Some success!

They paid me back some of the money. They prorated it to the end of the month instead of before Christmas when they said they would but I'll take what I can get.

I'm about halfway there, lets see if I can get the rest.

I would need to know your name before I could look into what's going on. A customer who frequents WHT let me know about this post, we've been so busy I haven't had any time to come here and contribute.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Pretty sad to see one of your customers messed around Matt, i hope you can sort this out for your own image's sake.

I'm not really sure how your comments contribute to this post but as I mentioned in my previous post, I need to know who this customer is so I can look into what's going on with their account. They don't have a signature here and didn't mention any of their details.

I've been in the hosting industry for over ten years and I built Razor Servers from the ground up, I take all our customers needs seriously. Sometimes we make mistakes, no one is perfect. I always rectify any issues, unlike many of the other dishonest hosts that abound on WHT.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation