What type of plan?

I am looking to start a website similar to vmkmagic.com, its a Disney MMORPG fan site and if you could please check it out and see what amount of bandwidth and storage I will need for an operation of this size.

thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamShow View Post
    I am looking to start a website similar to vmkmagic.com, its a Disney MMORPG fan site and if you could please check it out and see what amount of bandwidth and storage I will need for an operation of this size.

thanks a million!
    Something the size of vmkmagic.com will need a dedicated server.

Thanks, that was my inclination....

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamShow View Post
    Thanks, that was my inclination....
    i dont think you need an dedicated server to start, that site has 59 users online currently and it will take you atleast 6-8 months to get traffic anywhere near to it. you will do fine with shared hosting.
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

Depends how resource intensive your fan site is, but at first I doubt you would need a dedicated server, although if you grow in the future you will probably need to upgrade to one.

Not to burst your bubble, but achieving a community like that is a lot harder than it seems. Its a lot of work, and some luck. No one can predict the future, but in case it takes longer than expected, there is no point in throwing away your money on a dedicated server. Just make sure you choose a host with a good upgrade path, so that you can upgrade easily as your site grows. Over the course of a few months this could save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.
    eVerity.com
    Celebrating 9 years of customer service. Domain names, shared/semi-dedicated/dedicated hosting, SSL certificates, merchant accounts, reseller options, and referral program, since July 2000.

You can start with a shared hosting plan. And upgrade later when required. I agree with everity about choosing a host which have a very good upgrade policy. i.e. you can upgrade to higher plans easily, as well as when moving to dedicated server in the future, the host will transfer the site for u.