[We're back!] Talanov Backup - Reliable Backup - as low as $0.15/gb!

We're back!

Talanov Backup had a period of huge growth and we had to stop new registrations for a few weeks. It is sure surprising how many new backup services moved in here while we were gone! We can definitely share the space, but we'd also like to let our potential users know some history.

A bit about us.
    The parent company of Talanov Backup is a registered federal corporation that has been around since January 2006, offering private hosting solutions as well as managing a portfolio of websites. We have since liquidated all but the most precious of our portfolio and have branched off into remote rsync backup hosting which we have offered to WHTers since the beginning of this year.

What is remote backup?
    Remote backup, with prices as low as $0.15/gb, gives you peace of mind knowing that your own, or your customers' data is securely stored off-site, with the option of online access at any time.

For further information, please visit http://www.talanovbackup.com

We offer:
    • encrypted rsync - minimizes your bandwidth transfer!
    • FTP, SSH, SCP to access your data
    • Online control panel
    • No bandwidth limits

Pricing options:

FAQ

What makes you different from all those other services that have been popping up?
    Mainly the fact that we run our backup company like a backup company. Offsite DNS backed by six worldwide servers, offsite email so you're always be able to get in touch with us, real commitment to our work backed by a well-rooted presence that will ensure we can continue offering our services for years to come.

What is this rsync you speak of?
    rsync is a program for *nix systems to synchronize data. Imagine having a server with 60GB of data that you want to back up. With rsync, you only transfer that 60GB once and next time you will only transfer the difference between the old data and the new! It will save you time, money and bandwidth.

Can I use this as my storage space, like a file hosting service?
    Unfortunately not. You may back up and restore as often as you like, as long as it's for a legitimate purpose. You may not use this service as an online hard drive.

What is the background of your company?
    Talanov Media Inc. is a registered federal corporation under the laws of Canada. Talanov Backup is a subsidiary. The company was registered in January 2006 to provide online services, and owns a number of websites in its portfolio.

Are you a reseller?
    We are proud to be a reseller of BQ Internet who have a reputation for providing quality service. We use their servers and their network, but we offer our own discounted prices and support.

With our prices, and BQ Internet's reputation you have nothing to lose, except the uncertainty of knowing if your data is safe.

If you have any questions about our services, please post here or email us, as many people PM the same questions that could have been answered for everyone in the thread itself.

We also encourage you to seek feedback from our existing customers, who are no doubt pleased with both the service and the support that we provide!

Order Now
    Rsync server backup / RAID6 Arrays - do you know where your data is? Affordable host backup solutions•

Server monitoring - are you with HyperSpin? Great same service, better prices•

Would rsync work with reseller accounts? Or do you need root access?

You need shell access to use rsync.
    Otto Yiu
    Rsync Palace ● Providing offsite backups since 2007.
    Backomatic ● Hassle-free Automated cPanel/WHM, DirectAdmin, FTP, and MySQL backups.

Thanks for replying Otto! You do need shell access, although if you might get away with setting up a cronjob through a control panel if you have permissions to access the needed binaries.
    Rsync server backup / RAID6 Arrays - do you know where your data is? Affordable host backup solutions•

Is this only valid for new customers?
    --- No signature for now ---

I'm not sure what you mean, l0ck_up. We're not running any promotional offers, the pricing on the site is the regular pricing.

ah..sorry I thought it's promo. I'm now with bqinternet, I might switch to you.

Thanks
    --- No signature for now ---

Sure, switching from BQ is really easy. You can just edit the server name in /etc/crontab and send some new keys over to the server.

Just go through the regular order process if you'll be going that route.

Where are servers located ?

Also, can I backup multiple servers to one acount ?

I have one cpanel server do will do ssh rsync, and another that would do ftp via syncbackSE because it is a windows 2k3 server.

Servers are located in NYC, more specifically lower Manhattan.

You can definitely backup two servers. You can either back them up to different 'server' folders in the same account, or if you prefer we can split your quota into two accounts for you.

I am using their service and very pleased from them. If you are looking for a reliable backup service you can safely buy a package.
    Kind regards

I am interested in 650GB of storage space, Is there a pricing break and can you handle this volume?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberturk View Post
    I am using their service and very pleased from them. If you are looking for a reliable backup service you can safely buy a package.
    Thanks, it's always great to hear from people that are happy!

Quote Originally Posted by keepr View Post
    I am interested in 650GB of storage space, Is there a pricing break and can you handle this volume?
    Hm, the $0.15/gb is the lowest rate that we can offer to our customers without any special promotions. Still, let me see if I can PM you and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out.