Managed.com I love them

I just needed my server reimages, they replyed within 5 minutes and told me it was being re-images as we spoke.

I changed my mind also about the operaying system after payment and they changed it no problem.

I think managed.com dont deserve being flamed so much, they are quick, reliable dedicated host in my opinion.

- Flammable

How long have you been with them? If you have only been there shortly, let us know in a month and a few months of the full status.

I will keep you posted.

How long have you been their client?
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

This server has been with them a few days.

Originally posted by flammable
    This server has been with them a few days.
    Is that 1 or 2 or 3 or how many? Why evade such a simple question? And the url of a site you have hosted with them?

I havnt pointed my website to their server yet as i am configuring it to my needs. I was commenting on their support and quickness.

What is the big deal? The client is happy and is telling others regarding support by www.Managed.com. Yes, it's in the very early stages. But to date, the client is happy. Another member asked to keep us updated and flammable agreed to do so.

I know of one hosting company that uses their services. So far from what I have seen, not bad at all. Time will tell.

well managed are going to have their fare share of bad reports, as are any low-cost provider.

One person's bad experience doesnt mean anyone else's will follow suit.
    The only way to know is to try it out yourself

I am very critical about providers, SM support is crap, Managed support is great. Networks at both are great, network at Managed is faster to Australia.

Managed wins IMHO... Only support we need is reboots.

Take it as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritAu
    Managed support is great
    This is based on exactly how many days of first hand experience? How many support tickets have you had to submit dealing with complex issues that would really determine the capability of the technicians answering the tickets and the quality of their solutions?

Making a statement like "Managed support is great" and then saying you only need reboots really means you have no idea how good their support is, as by your own admission you have never really used it.

er, something went wrong here. Please delete
    Hyperconfused (™)

This is based on exactly how many days of first hand experience? How many support tickets have you had to submit dealing with complex issues that would really determine the capability of the technicians answering the tickets and the quality of their solutions?
    Server reload - 1.5 hours.
    Booted to older kernel for us..
    I own a system administration company - I don't need them dealing with complex issues, they offer unmanaged boxes. We can deal with those ourselves. I have every trust in them - that if we have issues in the future, they'll have remote hands to help us.

Server Matrix has let us down in everyway in this department. Server Matrix suck - they couldn't understand between 6 phone calls and 4 tickets that all we wanted was a primary made slave and new disk installed as slave with fresh OS. Yet they continue to get prase here on the board. I am really thinking of pulling our boxes at Server Matrix - and moving to Managed.com, however I don't want the stresses involved.

Making a statement like "Managed support is great" and then saying you only need reboots really means you have no idea how good their support is, as by your own admission you have never really used it.
    It's an unmanaged box - what support do you want for $55/months!!! If reboots at Managed are under 10 mins they beat Server Matrix's 45 min reboots.
    So for example a box of ours went down at Server Matrix - submitted a ticket after 10 mins I called SM, asked them to check my ticket and reboot. Still 30 mins nothing... Call back 35 mins; they say they are looking at it. All it needed was a simple reboot!!! But it took them 55 mins to go press the reset button

As comparison to other providers:
    Managed
    Ev1Servers
    BurstNet (very close with Ev1)
    Server Matrix / The Planet

Now when all I use support for is reboots – the above is very true. These are all unmanaged boxes (Server Matrix – isn’t really ‘managed’ IMHO, more some basic updates done on your behalf. Burst’s support is more managed than SM, IMHO)

Now I don’t use support for anything more then reboots – and that’s all I need. I want to be able to submit a ticket and be able to ssh into it. SM never checks that – I miss the days of Burst/Rackshack that use to check ssh after a reboot. If Burst’s network had better uptime – I’d be with them still not SM. If Managed were around 9 months ago – I’d have been with them now!!

So if all I use support for is reboots, and that is really you’re all entitled to with an unmanaged server and Managed has worked great with me for the few weeks I’ve been with them – why question my judgement? I run very successful businesses, and I am somewhat an active member on the board. I’ve found a great solution that’s working for me! Perhaps they are not for everyone – but they are exactly what I am after.

Watcher_TVI seems you enjoy bashing others

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    ... these types of low budget providers end up with more problems than the higher quality hosts....
    Is this because your with a managed dedicated provider servint.com? Why would you use such a provider if your know so much about server management????

lol - i smell a bit conflict

So you have been with them a few weeks and that is the extent of your first hand experiences. managed.com does offer more than just reboots as part of their package and making a statement that their support is great when you haven't really used it is pretty misleading IMO. Why don't you give it 6 months and then post a more realistic review based on some real experiences?

Oh and the reason I use ServInt is because they have been providing stable, reliable services for 9 years. I feel comfortable placing clients in that datacenter. I would not feel comfortable placing any of my clients with a dedicated provider that is only a few months old, has affiliations with United-colo ( we all know that fiasco) and is yet untested.

But that's just me. Now if that works for you, I'm happy for you....

So you have been with them a few weeks and that is the extent of your first hand experiences.
    Yes - Concidering you havn't used them yet - don't give me this bull ****...

managed.com does offer more than just reboots as part of their package and making a statement that their support is great when you haven't really used it is pretty misleading IMO.
    Oh wow they offer kernel updates - mate grow up, kernel updates take 3 mins to do!!

Why don't you give it 6 months and then post a more realistic review based on some real experiences?
    I'll be back here in 6 months and you'll be eating your words.

Oh and the reason I use ServInt is because they have been providing stable, reliable services for 9 years. I feel comfortable placing clients in that datacenter.
    Oh don't give me that crap - your just inexperienced otherwise why the bashing?? Time to grow up!

Happy holidays

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why don't you give it 6 months and then post a more realistic review based on some real experiences?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back here in 6 months and you'll be eating your words
    I'm not sure what words I would be eating. I am not saying they are good or bad, simply that they have not been around long enough to know one way or the other. I don't know if they will be here in 6 months anymore than you do. You are willing to gamble that they will be and I am not willing to take that risk, to each his own. One thing is for certain, I won't be placing any of my clients at risk to find out. I'll leave you and all your experience to take that risk...

I am not saying they are good or bad, simply that they have not been around long enough to know one way or the other.
    That implies they are bad!

I don't know if they will be here in 6 months anymore than you do. You are willing to gamble that they will be and I am not willing to take that risk, to each his own.
    It's not a gamble mate - it's business.

One thing is for certain, I won't be placing any of my clients at risk to find out. I'll leave you and all your experience to take that risk...
    No need to keep repeating yourself! We've heard it loud and clear now! I don't belive it's a risk at all.

I'll make a song and dance about it if they have issues but until then...