Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry webhostinglobby.com fraud screening

Just avoid if you want to save yourself from headaches.
    They are late on replying after they recieve payment.
    Takes them 3 to 4 days just to respond.
    Than they give you the run around.

They received an authorized payment via paypal.
    They received the payment.
    And it took them 3 Days to email me back any results,
    the results were disappointing he started say the payment was fraud, it was not fraud.

Then I replied back saying
    if you think it's fraud than refund my money back to the card
    you have no rights to hold that money.

I never dealt with unprofessionalism
    like this before from an ecommerce service website.
    I made the mistake of giving them a try.
    The guy is very rude and unprofessional and a scammer.

He claims he refunded the money
    but he did not provide the proof of payment
    that he refunded it back, than he labels it as fraud.

I also checked my visa debit card
    and there was no refund payment given back.
    Don't deal with these unprofessional shared webhoster
    they obviously don't know how to serve a customer.

I did nothing wrong as a customer,
    I can understand if there servers were filled,
    but there was no reason for him to call me a fraudster.
    I'm apallad of what a terrible time
    I had dealing with this person he calls himself MisterZIM
    but his real name is Zeeshan Mohammed.

I have proof of payment via debit card + paypal.
    I made a report to BBB of Greater Houston and South Texas.
    Because thats where he claims where his webhosting is located at.

Stay away or very cautious with dealing with these sketchy webhosting companies,
    when it seems too good to be true, than it is too good to be true.

I'm only making this thread to help prevent people from risking a loss.
    He has failed to refund me.
    He claims he refunded me and he mocks me saying its fraud.
    It's not fraud. What he is doing is fraud.
    They don't even offer any 800 number support
    that should tell you something is wrong.

The whois information shows his address as a PO BOX.
    Last edited by Harzem; 01-07-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: changed title

"Remember! All plans come with our risk free 30 Day Money Back Guarantee! Buy today to try us out. If you're not happy, we promise to refund your money within the first 30 days, no questions asked!" Looks kind of like they HAVE to give you the money back, lulz. Not that printed word is worth anything these days...

Unhappy einyste 3.44

Quote Originally Posted by jshipps View Post
    "Remember! All plans come with our risk free 30 Day Money Back Guarantee! Buy today to try us out. If you're not happy, we promise to refund your money within the first 30 days, no questions asked!" Looks kind of like they HAVE to give you the money back, lulz. Not that printed word is worth anything these days...
    I know it's cheap, but that doesn't give them a legal right
    to take your money and not provide any type of service.
    if they refuse service and accept money than thats fraud / scam.

I know some shared webhosting companies oversell there hosting.
    And you end up with laggy websites or crashing MySQL servers.
    Or something, but if thats the case, they should disable there buttons
    for selling there hosting. I just dont want people to get scammed.
    I already went through this for the first time.

I never had issues like this, I always was lucky with most ecommerce
    retailers and services. I even rented a game server one time from a company
    that I felt sketchy from, but it turned out they were alright
    and they had a great service.

So just be cautious if you do dare to get any service from these people.
    It took them along time just to get a reply regarding the account.
    My only complaints is I didn't get any service and they took payment
    and also took 3 days just to reply with an issue.
    That's about it. I already went through the proper authorities
    to report them for there bad business scheme.

If anything it's always a risk when you do buisness online,
    but I usually try and check to see if the website is legitimate,
    and I took the risk and now I lost some money in the process.
    And I'm stuck with a domain and no hosting.
    I might have to find a decent free shared webhosting to point it to.

I tried another hosting company before
    but they cost a little bit more per year
    and there website design is pretty much outdated,
    but there service is legitimate.

Last time I ordered from the other host company
    they were pretty much quick in less than 4 hours
    I got my account setup and I was able to login into Cpanel and my FTP account.
    So there is good shared hosts out there, but you take a risk, just becareful.
    Do your research, I wish I knew about webhostingtalk before.

If there was spelling or errors in my sentences is because I suffer from a mild form of A.D.D. and Dyslexia.

Im a bit confused, who did you actually purchase web hosting from? Web Hosting Lobby only appears to an affiliate site that redirects you to other web hosts?

**Edit**

I just clicked on the sign-up now button and web hosting lobby is collecting the money? Indeed that is very sketchy. I wonder if the hosts on their site are even aware they are claiming to sell thier web hosting plans, last I checked Innohosting isn't offering web hosting plans for $2 per year and neither is Jaguar PC, or at least I think?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Im a bit confused, who did you actually purchase web hosting from? Web Hosting Lobby only appears to an affiliate site that redirects you to other web hosts?
    They are resellers of those companies listed on their website.

http://www.webhostinglobby.com/web-hosting-plans.html
    Jaguar PC
    But everything is directed through webhostinglobby

WebHostingLobby's "MisterZim" is reselling webhost from those providers.
    He has a reseller account with Innohosting and Jaguar PC

http://www.webhostinglobby.com/about-misterzim.html

Quote Originally Posted by CarlSagan0 View Post
    http://www.webhostinglobby.com/web-hosting-plans.html
    Jaguar PC
    But everything is directed through webhostinglobby

WebHostingLobby's "MisterZim" is reselling webhost from those providers.
    He has a reseller account with Innohosting and Jaguar PC

http://www.webhostinglobby.com/about-misterzim.html
    Ah ok, I was reading through their site but it was somewhat confusing. Wasn't sure if they were just referring clients or offering services themselves? Anyway, if you only paid $2, is it really worth the hassle? Just cut your losses and move on?

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by FernGullyGraphics View Post
    Ah ok, I was reading through their site but it was somewhat confusing. Wasn't sure if they were just referring clients or offering services themselves? Anyway, if you only paid $2, is it really worth the hassle? Just cut your losses and move on?
    My only beef:

Cons
    - Slow support
    - False fraud claim
    - No support #
    - False Advertising
    - Slow, slow refunding

My only beef:

Cons
    - Slow support
    - False fraud claim
    - No support #
    - False Advertising
    - Slow, slow refunding
    Sorry that you are not happy.

I guess I can take this opportunity to clarify a few things. As mentioned on the webpage your ordered from, this is a project I started to raise awareness for non-profit causes and as such, am offering Web Hosting on various reseller accounts at discounted prices. This is a part time project and as such I only respond to tickets before/after my daytime job.

Now to your case. Again, I understand the frustration that your order was rejected.

Your order was rejected the same day as it was received, and as such, the Paypal payment was refunded the same day as well, as I described in the support tickets we have exchanged. Also, I have provided a Paypal refund transaction ID.

The reasons your order was rejected:

1. The IP registered for you was in a different state than the state of residence you provided
    2. The domain you were purchasing hosting for had not been purchased yet
    3. When asked about the domain, you mentioned it was just registered (after the order had already been rejected by me) with Namecheap but it had then been registered with 1and1 with whois privacy

Ticket as follows (times in WHMCS are recorded in a different time zone but we can judge response times):

Me: 01/04/2012 01:01
    Hello XXXXXXXX,

I have rejected your order because it failed the security/fraud screening. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    MisterZIM
    Director of Customer Relations
    You: 01/04/2012 02:45
    I used a pre-paid visa gift card, there must be some issues. or credit limit. it's from XXX***********
    Me: 01/04/2012 11:53
    Hi XXXXXXX,

The domain you wanted to host with us has not yet been registered. Do you plan on registering the domain with a domain registrar? (i.e. GoDaddy, Enom, etc).

Regards,
    MisterZIM
    You: 01/05/2012 17:20
    XXXXXXXX.info is the domain I'm using now. I just registered it through namecheap
    Me: 01/05/2012 22:30
    XXXXXXXXX,

Thanks for the update. However, the domain is registered with 1and1.

One other thing. The IP address recorded for you does not match the address you have given.

I think its safe to say that I will not feel comfortable changing the fraud screening conclusion of this order. I am going to reject the order permanently. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    MisterZIM
    You: 01/06/2012 20:25
    I didn't have this much issues with other hosts, you can call the 800 number listed in the back of the card. they can tell you it's a pre-paid visa and verify it.

And my IP is dynamic. if you knew networking you would know that IP addresses change all the time depending on the ISP.
    You are making it a huge issue over $2. This isn't fraud just because someone chooses to use different information on a pre-paid visa debit.
    The reason for it is to protect personal information from hackers and scammers. You wouldn't give your social security # over the internet.
    If someone has your SSN they can easily commit fraud with it.

Your just being an *******. Why would you think I would waste my time emailing you back to fix up your errors?
    When my IP is recorded from the email and accessing your website. I'm not some guy from china trying to scam a host for $2.
    If anything you are the scammers. you deducted the $2 from the card. than later say its fraud? Really now?

Here is the #800 number you can call them give them the information. And ask them if it's a pre-paid visa.
    888-XXX-XXXX

Prepaid visa debit cards allow consumers to purchase things anonymously over the internet.
    And you are making it a huge deal over $2, are you new to e-commerce?
    You guys give a great big hassle, if you won't fix up your issues, the card payment went through, I have evidence through paypal it went through.
    I could call the proper authorities, and report your buisness to the better buisness burea and forward copies of these emails to proper authorities.
    You guys are just acting like clowns, you recieved a $2 payment, paypal is secure, if there was any issues paypal wouldn't have authorize the charge.
    So quit playing games with me. You give people a hard time just because they choose to use a prepaid visa, I didn't have any issues with Amazon.com
    I didn't have any issues with other retailors. Your webhosting isn't worth this much hassle, it's only $2 and very limited space.
    I wanted the hosting to host a blog, and as for getting the domain from namecheap I switched over to 1and1, big deal?

Why are you making this a personal issue, are you using drugs or something? Because in houston texas, I'm sure there is plenty of drugs from south of the border.
    You: 01/06/2012 20:30
    just cancel the order and send the money back to the card. if you think it's fraud. you would get in as much as trouble for keeping that $2.
    If you really want to go that route. There is no fraud being committed, as long as you said you won't create the account.
    After you guys recieved an authorized payment through paypal. And why is it just such a big deal that I transfered the domain to 1and1?
    It was registered on namecheap before. I switched over to 1and1. Your company is slow at customer service.
    And your staff is a joke.
    You: 01/06/2012 20:35
    Another thing too, if someone was going to commit fraud I'm pretty sure they wouldn't get a small basic webhost like you.
    You act like your #1 on the web and offer alot. I only picked you guys because I figure I could host a small personal custom blog.
    With no Advertisements on it. I wasn't going to even ad google adsense or anything like that.
    I wanted to just blog things. with no ads and make my own custom theme using GIMP (a great freeware open source alternative to Adobe Photoshop).
    And the blog php code I would use would be freeware none of that cracked software garbage.

If I knew this would be such a hassle... you guys should have added a disclaimer on your webhost site: "Do not use pre-paid visa debit cards to purchase our shared webhosting". It would have saved alot of potential issues, it's a waste of my time and it's a waste of yours. Because you are highly paranoid and give customers a bad time. And if everything worked out great on host, I would have upgraded. It sounds like you guys are just lazy to setup anything.
    Me: 01/06/2012 20:44
    Hello XXXXXXX,

Sorry that you are upset. The payment has already been refunded via Paypal.

Web Hosting Lobby is a part time project as mentioned on the homepage. Not a company. I hope you find a new host that is a good fit for you. Thank you. Have a good weekend.

Regards,
    MisterZIM
    You: 01/06/2012 20:45
    I'm contacting the Houston FBI offices. regarding your scheme operation. what you are doing is wrong to people.
    Me: 01/06/2012 20:49
    Hello XXXXXXX,

Thanks for the update. I will now close this ticket. Thank you and have a nice day.

Regards,
    MisterZIM
    You: 01/06/2012 20:50
    I'm still contacting the houston FBI offices. Zeeshan Mohammed.
    I'm a patriotic american, and I did nothing wrong but pay you money through paypal for shared webhosting.
    And you delay and say its fraud yet paypal sent me the email that said you recieved the payment.
    And you tell me I'm fraud? Your the one frauding people Mr. Zeeshan Mohammed.
    You can act all innocent, but once the report is made they will investigate your buisness practices.
    And then you go on to mention the names of people you think are my family members (actually got one right).

You: 01/06/2012 22:25
    XXXXXX XXXXXX Mohammed
    XXXXXXX XXXXXX Mohammed
    You: 01/06/2012 22:30
    Islamic connections with your relatives in Saudi Arabia?
    What is your view on the millions that die in War in the middle east. It's sad and terrible am I right? I don't wish death on anybody.
    I don't know what you have against non middle eastern customers, but don't stereotype me. for some war mongering scumbag.
    You: 01/06/2012 22:35
    Was Muhammad a XXXXXXXXXXXX?
    An Examination of Muhammad’s XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    By David Wood
    For the Western mind, XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    This is, of course, extremely offensive to Muslims, who
    view Muhammad as the ideal servant of God and as the greatest example of what a man
    should strive to be...... [I cut it short, nearly 4 pages long]
    Again, I understand that you are not happy that your order was rejected. But please note that your payment was refunded from the beginning. The hosts I resell with are very good and you are welcome to purchase directly from them. I don't see that there is anything further to discuss.

See image below for my final response.

XXXXXXX above mean I removed some text for the OP's privacy purposes and/or that could be offensive to readers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WHMCS - Support Tickets.png  
    Last edited by TheBeard; 01-07-2012 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Correction

I have bought two plans from Web Hosting Lobby and I am buying a third. My blog is running on one already. You can check it out here:

http://areesalaam.com.

The other plan I bought is still under construction. So nothing to show.

So far I have found Web Hosting Lobby's service to be just what it says. No frills. Not that I expect any for 2usd. Support on the JaguarPC host is provided by MisterZim himself and he has made it clear that it is not 24/7. If you buy the plan hosted by Innohosting, Innohosting provides the support.

@OP

Maybe you should take your own advice. If you think it's too good to be true, then you should not have wasted your time and money on it. Myself, I think it's a fair price for what is offered. So I bought it.

Just curious. What exactly did you think that you were buying when you paid 2usd?

I have 2 accounts with them, and have two little blogs running smoothly.

You can't expect fast respond or fast server for $2/year service, as long as not too much down time, that's fine for me. I am pretty sure that they will refund your money, because this is just 2 bucks, just be patient. if they really don't make the refund, u can talk to u bank,.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterZim View Post
    MASSIVE PWNAGE
    Wow. Just wow.

CarlSagan0, I don't blame them for refusing service to you. Your behavior towards them (and your blatant racism) is sickening.
    Last edited by VectorVPS; 01-07-2012 at 04:48 AM.

@OP You are disgusting.

The replies you gave in the help-desk are downright rude and to then turn to religion is simply repugnant. As always, this self-entitlement disease has reared its ugly head once again but you ended up being slapped right back down where you belong.

MisterZIM, well done for remaining so professional and collected.
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

Just avoid if you want to save yourself from headaches.
    They are late on replying after they recieve payment.
    Takes them 3 to 4 days just to respond.
    Than they give you the run around.

all this for $2. I signed up for 2 account and still need to get another. Using it for wordpress and accounts got setup chop chop and all working no problem. I don't see any scam going on here and he seems to play open book here. Not sure how much profit he is making but we will see how it goes.

You need to chill
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by MisterZim View Post
    Sorry that you are not happy.

I guess I can take this opportunity to clarify a few things. As mentioned on the webpage your ordered from, this is a project I started to raise awareness for non-profit causes and as such, am offering Web Hosting on various reseller accounts at discounted prices. This is a part time project and as such I only respond to tickets before/after my daytime job.

Now to your case. Again, I understand the frustration that your order was rejected.

Your order was rejected the same day as it was received, and as such, the Paypal payment was refunded the same day as well, as I described in the support tickets we have exchanged. Also, I have provided a Paypal refund transaction ID.

The reasons your order was rejected:

1. The IP registered for you was in a different state than the state of residence you provided
    2. The domain you were purchasing hosting for had not been purchased yet
    3. When asked about the domain, you mentioned it was just registered (after the order had already been rejected by me) with Namecheap but it had then been registered with 1and1 with whois privacy

Ticket as follows (times in WHMCS are recorded in a different time zone but we can judge response times):

Me: 01/04/2012 01:01

You: 01/04/2012 02:45

Me: 01/04/2012 11:53

You: 01/05/2012 17:20

Me: 01/05/2012 22:30

You: 01/06/2012 20:30

You: 01/06/2012 20:35

Me: 01/06/2012 20:44

You: 01/06/2012 20:45

Me: 01/06/2012 20:49

You: 01/06/2012 20:50

And then you go on to mention the names of people you think are my family members (actually got one right).

You: 01/06/2012 22:25

You: 01/06/2012 22:35

Again, I understand that you are not happy that your order was rejected. But please note that your payment was refunded from the beginning. The hosts I resell with are very good and you are welcome to purchase directly from them. I don't see that there is anything further to discuss.

See image below for my final response.

XXXXXXX above mean I removed some text for the OP's privacy purposes and/or that could be offensive to readers.
    Wow.. I'd say I am stunned but, in this day and age I am not. Always nice to hear both sides of the story (something I probably should have waited on before passing judgment). What the OP needs to understand is that spammers/abusers often times look for low end packages like the ones you are offering (in terms of low pricing), so you have every reason to be cautious. Unbelievable the way the OP acted though.. very uncalled for (regardless of the amount of money, nobody should be talked to like that).

The moral of the story is, you get what you pay for..

I hope you get this resolved.
    Ashton Allen | FuseWeb Limited
    Premium UK Webhosting
    | Shared Hosting | VPS | Reseller Hosting | VOIP |
    FuseWeb.co.uk Or follow us on Twitter

You need to reread it mate.
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

I think this company is very transparent. He is pretty much offering free hosting and giving the 2dollars to charity.

It disgusts me when people judge Muslims in the US. I won't say more on that as this is not the proper forum.

OP...Let us know how the reporting to the BBB and FBI worked out for you. I don't believe the FBI will get right on your complaint, not for a 2 dollar a year hosting plan that has been refunded to you. Sometimes paypal takes a while to refund.

I would have closed that ticket and told that loser to hit the road.

WOW.

Your really sickening OP, and congrats to MisterZim for remaining as cool as he did..

Make sure and inform the FBI of your comments too, I'm sure they'd love to hear them..

I'd also like to say something else. Some of you might follow my link and notice that my hosting site links to my personal blog, which is of a political nature --- and you'd be tempted to think that I happen to think like that.

Well, you would be wrong.

The attacks on September 11, 2001 were carried out by man and his followers who Hi-Jacked Islam for their own nefarious purposes. For one, they turned it into a political philosophy and two, they misunderstand the entire concept of Jihad. (Which is actually just a fight against evil...) They turned that little simple thing, into an excuse to go around killing people.

...and if that were not bad enough....

You've got these simply minded buffoons who go around with that kind of an attitude against anyone of a middle eastern decent. 60 years ago, it was Catholics, Blacks and Jews --- now it's the Arab's turn in the barrel.

All because a couple of idiots decided to hi-jack some planes to please some idiot in a cave.

Sad, isn't it?

Just my thoughts guys. Sorry for blathering on.

-Pat
    Last edited by DetroitRight; 01-07-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Whoops! wrong word.... Too --- Two --- To ---jeeeez....

In keeping with the spirit of the WHT rules, I won't present my personal opinion of the OP. However, I think it's clear here that OP's conduct was reprehensible and his claims are not justified. WebHostingLobby is in the clear here.

It's always good to see both sides to the story, especially with the OP's conduct towards the host.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.

I've read alot of rubbish in my time.. but i must say there's alot of mindless dribble here.

"Takes them 3 to 4 days just to respond." I find that rather hard to believe, I have 2 accounts
    with this service and all was looked after in a timely manner.

"The guy is very rude and unprofessional and a scammer." If your referring to Mister Zim, I'd be
    looking in the mirror. I've read some of your ticket posts and would have to add childish in that
    statement while your looking in that mirror.

"I did nothing wrong as a customer" You might have done yourself a favour and read the website,
    registered your domainname and had some insight as to what you were doing to begin with.

At any rate what we're looking at here is a hosting account for 8-16 cents a month, you couldn't
    mail a letter for that. I'm quite pleased with the service/support that I've gotten from Mister Zim
    @ webhostinglobby.com, not sure what else you can expect for $2. My sites are live, the service uses
    the best hosting control panel available and the staff are friendly and courteous.

Cheers.. ;-)

Two accounts set in a few hours and I never had downtime.
    Cheap service but MisterZIM is a kind and efficient guy...

Hello

As I see it :

Mister Zim is donating his time - and give quality hosting for 2 $ a year - this small money he get will cover his expenses and "profits" will go to charity. - I must say that it seems that Mister Zim is a
    Good man

For 2 dollars a YEAR for quality hostdime/Inno hosting - I must say I got a very good value which I CAN NOT find elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast