WordPress 3.5/3.5.1 Updates/New installs

So has anyone else had major issues with these last 2 updates since they came out for WordPress?

I have so many clients that cannot update to the new versions because of plugins issues etc.
    Most of them i just revert back to 3.4.x, and all is good.

Recently i am getting new clients with new WordPress installs that have the issue.
    So a brand new account, fresh WordPress install. no plugins, or extra themes, and yet they still are having the awesome issue of the post/page visual/text tabs not functioning as they should.

Some clients started thinking it was a server issue, but I was able to run tests on my own and confirm it is not.

So has anyone been able to nail this bug/issue down and find an exact reason behind it? IF all plugin/theme problems are non existent, what else would it be?

I have gone over and over every useless WordPress forum post/thread about all these issues and none of them are any help.

Seems they still seem to have issues in the tinymce editor itself.

Anyone have some ideas i can try?
    My servers are cPanel/WHM, with apache+nginx

Thanks
    Aaron Eaton
    RFE Hosting - reliable-friendly-experienced
    Shared Web Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers
    Web Hosting | Domain Registration | SSL Certificates | And More.

We had no issues at all, we manage plenty of wordpress for our clients.

One of my clients had an issue with upgrading from 3 versions ago... he got so fed up he just made a full new website, again a themeforest one cause it was updated to the newest version.
    TrentaHost INC. || Fully Managed DDoS Protected Services Globally (NA - EU - Asia)
    Reseller Hosting- Pure SSD | Litespeed | Imunify360 | CloudLinux | 24x7 Support | Mailchannels
    Linux & Windows DDoS Protected SSD VPS - cPanel / WHM | DDoS Protection | Let's Encrypt | Pure-SSD
    DDoS Protected Locations : Portland, OR (North America) | Amsterdam, NL (Europe) | Singapore (Asia)

All I handle right now, both in designing and hosting, are Wordpress sites. I haven't had any problems with the latest versions (whether on updates or fresh installs). the main thing I find is not rushing into a freshly released update, wait a little while and most of the good plugins will update if they need to for compatibility, once that happens, do those updates, then the Wordpress update and generally all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaidLogic View Post
    We had no issues at all, we manage plenty of wordpress for our clients.
    No issues here either.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

No issues with the latest WordPress releases either (plenty WP based sites here too).
    Fusioned - http://www.fusioned.net
    Enterprise & Semi-Dedicated Hosting | CloudLinux, cPanel, LiteSpeed, Acronis | PHP 5.6, 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 & 8.0
    Fully Managed SSD KVM VPS & Dedicated Servers | CloudFlare & Acronis Partner | RIPE LIR

Thank you for the replies. So if you are all saying you have not had any of these issues, i wonder if it is an issue with my server then. But i have yet to find the cause.
    Aaron Eaton

Have you asked on wordpress.org? They have pretty good support there as well.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Updated ours without problem.

Upgrading 50-ish WordPress based sites last week with no major issues. Have you checked your theme? A lot of improperly made themes (and plugins) out there that might break your site on upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by retromachine View Post
    Upgrading 50-ish WordPress based sites last week with no major issues. Have you checked your theme? A lot of improperly made themes (and plugins) out there that might break your site on upgrades.
    Well it is a brand new install, with the default theme (twentytwelve), and no plugins. yet the issue is still there.
    Aaron Eaton

Haven't had problems over 2 years of upgrades. I'd examine your hardware if similar problems are occurring over your blogs and fresh installs.

See if there isn't a plugin that checks server environments for issues...
    ██████████
    ██████████
    ██████████

I had no major issues except the tinymce editor. Working fine for me.

The more plugins you have is the more likely you will experience those issues with each update mainly because some devs release a plugin as one off and then don't maintain it afterwards because of lack of funding etc. We experience the same issue but fix the issues especially if we rely heavily on the plugin.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

I've had to upgrade several customers and all of my own recently. Total about 12 WordPress sites. Most had either no or very few plugins.

None have had any problems. There may be some other variable that is causing the issues.

Have you found any common link between the accounts having issues?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_m View Post
    I've had to upgrade several customers and all of my own recently. Total about 12 WordPress sites. Most had either no or very few plugins.

None have had any problems. There may be some other variable that is causing the issues.

Have you found any common link between the accounts having issues?
    I was actually able to fix the issue. Was a PHP version problem.
    Seems they need to update their recommend versions on their site.
    But i had 5.3.19, and updating my server to 5.3.21 fixed it so far on all sites on the server. Still waiting for some confirmations on a few, but I think its all fixed.
    Aaron Eaton