Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Authorize.Net Down?

I just got a call from a customer who says that Authorize.Net is down and has been for about 5 hours; I can't pull up either http://www.authorize.net or https://secure.authorize.net. Does anyone know if they have an offsite status page or Twitter feed?

Yes, it is very much down - I can't get through to their support numbers, either.
    Just in case you don't have them, so you can try calling as well -
    Customer Support - 877-447-3938
    Affiliate Support - 866-682-4131
    Reseller Support - 888-437-0481

This is killing my business!

Same problem here - all our overnight transactions failed with a SSL protocol error, and we cannot reach any authorize.net URL. I don't recall receiving any maintenance notification.

Customers are calling wanting to know what is up with their processing... AuthNet is down.

Looking for a Twitter or other neartime info.

what to do now??

We are having the same problem, no answers at any number we have found to authorize.net and payment gateways been down since at least 5:00am EST. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

i also confirm it is down for about 6 hours now. the last transaction we have is around 7h30 GMT.
    i am wondering if their customer support is 24 / 7 ??
    i think they are on West Coast of the US and it's a non working day there today
    thousand of websites must have the same problem

Same here, no response from their authorize.net website or their payment gateway, they are both down.

Incredibly frustrating, how can they be closed any day when then process credit cards 24/7 businesses relay on them!!!! (answer message when you call)

Does anyone know if they are at least attempting to fix the problem?

Our site is down until they are back up.

Any one know anything why authorize.net is down?

Definitely going to make us think twice about sticking with them in the long term. How can they be so unresponsive.

just spoke with my merchant services...they said that the authorize.net system is down and it was not a scheduled upgrade, but the IT folks were trying to get the system back up.
    *no time frame for restore
    *no idea if we have to reenter ARB transactions

**Good Luck**

I just sent news tips to some of the national media. Maybe they can get a hold of someone to find out what's going on, and post it on their online sites.

FYI, I just got off the phone with someone at the NOC, And confirmed that they do know about the issue and are working on it. I asked if there was any kind of ETA for being back online and at this time there is not one. I ask about details with what was wrong with him because I am sure they need all the time they can get to fix the issues.

Several months back we had a issue with them which ended up being a problem with a line between Internap and savvis I think it was? Not sure if that ever got fixed. But at anyrate I had a hourly script thats been running checking connectivity and that started to fail at 12:00 AM PDT.

I sure do hope they get things backup. It really blows when you can't get payments.

Sincerely,

Mark Keymer
    CFO
    Vivio Technologies

Authorize.net Down?

Talked with UK branch.

Authorize.net data center experienced a fire. Combination of fire and US holiday created "perfect storm" effect. They are waiting for fire department to allow them back in building to initiate emergency plan. Also understand they are trying to call people in from holiday to man phones and answer questions.

They are hoping to be back online today but not exactly sure of timeline.

Douglas

UK also feeling the effect of Authorize.net being down

On the different UK forum, they are confirming a fire in the California building, they too are unable to process credit cards. No ETA, and the is no answer at any of phone numbers.

Now I find that a bit interesting because at least there front in site was in Seattle in a Internap co-lo center. I forget which building.

Of course they could have some required connection to CA to make everything go. But you would think that the main homepage would come up and not require connectivity to CA to show?

Sincerely,

Mark Keymer
    CFO
    Vivio Technologies

****, I hope they get everything rerouted soon.

Well thier site just started to ping at 10:48 am EST. Looks like they may come back soon. site still not available.

-bobby

Authorize.Net Down?

Isn't the point of having redundant data centers and multiple data lines etc, so that if one center fails (fire, power loss, data loss whatever) the others automatically take over.

Clearly authorize.net is not as well prepared as they should be. For a company of their size.

Aside from PP Pro (hardly a suitable substitute), what gateway would be a good secondary to have setup for a contingency?

Sully

Authorize.Net did definitely indicate at one point that they have a complete backup facility which only makes sense given that they have over 200,000+ merchants at this point and the whole point to having backup facilities is for situations like this when there is a physical disruption.

And I agree, Texasade - it is more than a little perplexing that everything has not already been routed to the backup facility. Hopefully service will be restored shortly.

As an additional side note specific to CDGcommerce merchants, please note that our support team is standing by in the event that you would like us to set you up with a Quantum Gateway account to go side-by-side with your Authorize.Net account in the event that they continue to be offline. As always, there isn't any cost associated with that so it is always an option if you want it.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Preferably we would want to use our own merchant account and port to a secondary GW when needed.

Thanks for the interest.

Hi Sully,

Regarding your question on alternate gateways - there are a lot of them on the market. eProcessingNetwork, iTransact, Plug-n-Pay, USAepay are just a few of the many other options out there.
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Quote Originally Posted by cdgcommerce View Post
    Quantum Gateway account to go side-by-side with your Authorize.Net account in the event that they continue to be offline. As always, there isn't any cost associated with that so it is always an option if you want it.
    Is Quantum Gateway compatible with Authorize.net API

more info here, http://tcrn.ch/58e

Hi Mark,

Yes, Quantum Gateway has an Authorize.net emulation mode. In addition, it is already pre-integrated with a LOT of popular 3rd party e-commerce apps, shopping carts and billing systems.

Here is a URL that lists the "known" modules that have been published and who contacted Quantum to be put on the list. I know that there are others as well that are available but not necessarily on the list:
    http://www.quantumgateway.com/modules.php

If nothing else, for CDG merchants this is a useful no cost backup option to have added to your account even if you decide to continue to use Authorize.Net as your primary gateway once it is back online. This way you have 2 gateways that both tie directly to your account in the event that one ever goes down.

Authorize.net Killing me

This is killing us! It is not 11:50 Eastern. It's been hours. This is just not acceptable. And they don't have the decency to put a message on their phone systems? I hope they can provide some financial remunerations for this because we are losing customers as we speak!!!!!!!

One suggestion for everyone here... if you have the ability to do this, you may want to think about setting your billing system into an "order capture" mode if possible.

This way you can at least capture the secure payment details for later processing so that you do not lose customers due to the prolonged Authorize.Net outage.

The other option that you could do would be to collect everything BUT the payment information - maybe even setup a quick Web form page for orders - and then contact back the customers on a manual basis later to get this information once everything is back up and running.

Maybe Murphy's Law will come into play here. By the time you setup the form, it will be back online. Hopefully... but I have not seen any real concrete ETA for this so my recommendation is to try one of the above options to at least avoid losing out on orders that are coming in. Most customers will understand if there is an issue out of your control and you can refer them to the many articles about what's going on with Authorize.Net.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast