Thread: GameServer

GameServer

I am thinking about getting 1 or 2 UK gameservers, but I am not sure what company to use

http://www.inx-gaming.com/
    OR
    http://www.gameservers.com/

Does anyone have any reviews or use any of the above ?
    Thanks,
    DolphinEcho

I had a server at gameservers.com once, it's a nice company.

I have no idea what Inx are like, but you get what you pay for with GameServers.com.

Wouldn't recommend them if you're looking for a server that performs well enough for competitive play, but every game and every machine they have is bound to offer a different level of performance. They're fine for public servers, but for tight competition ours have left us banging our heads on the wall.

That is why you get a dedicated server? The price difference is minimal when you are looking at bigger than 18 slots.

I'm not sure who sells dedicated servers at around $20, but I won't be signing up to them.

Wasn't talking about gameservers.com, but yea that is (too) cheap... o.O
    18 @ 13.63 / mo

Checkout teamhost.co.uk they have some pretty good servers.

theres loads of game server companies I would proberly say your looking at the top players there hehe.

be careful with gameservers.com make sure you do do go with them that your on a UK server.

been with INX, they have a nice control panel. plus if you do go with them support will be in the UK at GMT unlike gameservers.com.

however not sure as ive never been with GS.

Quote Originally Posted by Btcc22 View Post
    I'm not sure who sells dedicated servers at around $20, but I won't be signing up to them.
    This is a game dedicated server, not hardware one, so usually there are about 5-10 software 'gameservers' on one hardware 'dedicated' server.

Take a look at www.XONE-Gaming.co.uk - branching out into new games v.soon - support is great and great quality servers overall
    NetHosted Ltd. - UK Based Web Hosting
    Like us on Facebook!

I would recommend http://www.e-frag.co.uk/

There have great price and their service/game panel is really, really awesome. I'm using them for some time now.

I can recommend www.alpha-networks.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Crashus View Post
    This is a game dedicated server, not hardware one, so usually there are about 5-10 software 'gameservers' on one hardware 'dedicated' server.
    He (Rob B) was talking about renting an entire dedicated server for one game. I was just replying to his post.

As others have said, gameservers.com is fine for non competitive play. If you are going to be playing in leagues then you should probably stay away from them. They run all there game servers at minimal performance settings, and have been known to overstack their boxes severely.

I would have had you come test a server through us for a few days, but unfortunately we had to discontinue our UK location due to lack of interest.

be careful there stealth try not to self promote other wise moderators will be on you like a sack of spuds

server for $20....

im 100% sure he means a game server. game server and dedicated server are two different things.

$20 for a server sounds about right as most cheap companies charge $1 per slot if not less. - however remember you get what you pay for.

dedicated server for one game - I would say isnt worth it for one game however it does give you scope to have other game servers on the one box too if you chose to play a different game or simply change game. plus you will get better rates and state of play with the dedicated box then being on a 99.9% sure, oversold box (normally happens when companies charge < $1 per slot).

bottom line...

you get what you pay for. can be said with everything in life. most of the companies do oversell so you have to ask yourself is it worth going dedicated? - if your serious about gaming I would say yes and if you have the budget then go for it.

most companies like INX will manage the network alongside hardware with great detail thus tweaking any lag / other well known gaming issues quickly that normally result to overselling, not saying INX are bad I was a customer for many months without an issue. but im just saying when it come to moving our files off there server my support tech noticed there were 30+ other people on the same box. like i said with a weell managed support dept normally amount of people on a box doesnt pose an issue anyway.

Do a search around google. However if you are going for a UK location I suggest you go with a company that is UK based.

Regards,
    https://asrv.uk - free UK/USA cPanel web hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Flumps View Post
    be careful there stealth try not to self promote other wise moderators will be on you like a sack of spuds
    Clearly not self promotion considering as I said we do not even have a UK location, so not even a potential customer for me. Just giving the user my opinion, but thanks for the word of caution.

And yes the user is clearly wanting a game server, not a dedicated server. I agree though considering how serious you are about the game, a dedicated may be a worth while investment. A lower end dedicated could be obtained for as low as about $100 (for something at least "decent")

Good luck in your search!