Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Hi I have a quick question about your database services. What is the maximum amount of queries per hour that you allow each site to run? I know that some hosts limits the amount of queries users can run, just not sure if your does.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sangai89 View Post
    Hi I have a quick question about your database services. What is the maximum amount of queries per hour that you allow each site to run? I know that some hosts limits the amount of queries users can run, just not sure if your does.

Thanks.
    There is no limit on the amount of queries.. this wouldn't make sense as there is quite a variety of them - very small quick ones, very large intensive ones, etc.
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor

Thanks for the quick reply. I ask because on my site I get an error message that says "User has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)", so it looks like my current web host is limiting the amount of queries I can run, Kind of strange. I am definitely considering moving over with hawkhost now. Also, do you guys provide any kind of daily backups for databases?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sangai89 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I ask because on my site I get an error message that says "User has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)", so it looks like my current web host is limiting the amount of queries I can run, Kind of strange. I am definitely considering moving over with hawkhost now. Also, do you guys provide any kind of daily backups for databases?

Thanks
    Yes, we use R1Soft for backups which backs up everything including databases. The backups are taken every 24 hours and stored for 7 days at a time.
    Cody R.

Really good company and excellent host with v.good suport, and that from my own experience.

GoodLuck

Would it possible to have a separate control panel for one of my domains? I would like to let my wife control her own site. I got a domain for her. Now I would like to encourage her to start her own site. I want her to become familiar with the cPanel, but do not want her to have access to all my other sites. I do not want her to accidentally make changes where she should not. Is this possible without a reseller's account?

Quote Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
    Would it possible to have a separate control panel for one of my domains? I would like to let my wife control her own site. I got a domain for her. Now I would like to encourage her to start her own site. I want her to become familiar with the cPanel, but do not want her to have access to all my other sites. I do not want her to accidentally make changes where she should not. Is this possible without a reseller's account?
    Unfortunately the only way to give accounts their own cPanel accounts is through a reseller. You can however add the site under your account and give her FTP access to her stuff only.
    Cody R.

I tried to sign up for a resellers account and it will not let me use that discount code "whts50v2". Do you offer any type of discount for me to utilize the resellers option and get my wife started?

Quote Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
    I tried to sign up for a resellers account and it will not let me use that discount code "whts50v2". Do you offer any type of discount for me to utilize the resellers option and get my wife started?
    Check out our specials page here: http://www.hawkhost.com/Specials
    Cody R.

Thank you for being so patient with me. I just ordered a six month reseller package to give it a shot.

Ordered three months hosting with the basic plan, hope it's worth it.

Hello, I would like to know if the furl_open is enabled on your servers. Also, cronjobs (not intensive resource requiring) can ben run every 5/10 minutes?

I am in need of running a php script who requires those two features.

Thanks

Just have a question, are the IPs of Dallas and Seattle same?
    Because I already have a package in TX and very satisfied with it, so I want to order another package, but I don't want to make them same IP.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicbos View Post
    Hello, I would like to know if the furl_open is enabled on your servers. Also, cronjobs (not intensive resource requiring) can ben run every 5/10 minutes?

I am in need of running a php script who requires those two features.

Thanks
    Yes, allow_url_fopen is on. Cronjobs can be ran every minute so there should be no issue with running one every 5/10 minutes .

Quote Originally Posted by jetbrains View Post
    Just have a question, are the IPs of Dallas and Seattle same?
    Because I already have a package in TX and very satisfied with it, so I want to order another package, but I don't want to make them same IP.
    Thanks
    It's possible but extremely unlikely (all of our IPs can be in any location) - during the order simply make note you want to ensure a different IP / range and we'll make sure you it's placed on an appropriate IP.
    Cody R.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRo View Post
    Yes, allow_url_fopen is on. Cronjobs can be ran every minute so there should be no issue with running one every 5/10 minutes .

It's possible but extremely unlikely (all of our IPs can be in any location) - during the order simply make note you want to ensure a different IP / range and we'll make sure you it's placed on an appropriate IP.
    Ok, just placed the order.

Quote Originally Posted by jetbrains View Post
    Ok, just placed the order.
    You should be good to go
    Cody R.

OK thanks, going to order

Hi Tony i host with your webhosting and very impressed with the quality, so i want to make another account on hawkhost to store another domains. my question is, do i need to register with different email address to get separated account??

Quote Originally Posted by reem View Post
    Hi Tony i host with your webhosting and very impressed with the quality, so i want to make another account on hawkhost to store another domains. my question is, do i need to register with different email address to get separated account??
    Nope - when ordering you'll eventually hit the user information form (name, e-mail, etc) and there will be a link for existing users where you can login so it's all under the same account. This is the best option unless you intentionally want 2 accounts (albeit it's confusing for both parties).
    Cody R.

ok, i just paid for basic plan on semi annual

i want to run a cron job every 30-60 minutes. Actually i am going to create a blog syndicator. Is it OK with you?

Quote Originally Posted by iroshan View Post
    i want to run a cron job every 30-60 minutes. Actually i am going to create a blog syndicator. Is it OK with you?
    That would be fine
    Cody R.

OK I am in
    I have used the coupon whts50v2 and it worked like a charm

Did hawkhost offer money back/prorated credit because i want to upgrade my plan and my recent plan still expired at february??

Hi hawkhost, need your reply ASAP.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast