View Poll Results: Fantastico or Softaculous

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastico

2 4.76%
  • Softaculous

40 95.24%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    id recomend softaculous - due to the fact that it gets more updated and more user relevent compared to fantastico

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyAnonymous View Post
    I think Fantastico has become a joke now.
    Can only agree.

+ 99999999999 for Softaculous Also having the facility to import old installations for other auto installers and update the scripts installed previously.

If for any reason you don't want to use Softaculous and you are looking for an alternative, consider Installatron(rather than Fantastico).
    AMS Computer | Delivering Excellence - Providing web hosting since 1996!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | cPanel/WHM | Softaculous |
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Daily Backups

http://www.amscomputer.com |

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    I can tell you as an end user I really like Softaculous.
    As a side effect of switching hosts, I just switched from Fantastico to Softaculous. Wow. I didn't think the difference would be nearly this great. Fantastico is obsolete, both in terms of functionality and software choice.

I personally think all script installers promote hacked websites, users will still forget to upgrade their installations along with plugins and their themes. I see hacked accounts on a daily basis, not just a few, many, and 99.9% of the time, it is due to outdated web software, that .1% is compromised passwords. Its a shame how often it is.

If I had to pick, Softaculous would be my pick. But I think it would be better to advocate that learning to do the installations manually and making sure they were secured with correct permissions and regularly updated along with plugins and themes would be a better route, but for the in-experienced users, this will be a losing battle, which in turn, does make these automatic script installers good to have for shared hosting. But I still think they promote poor webmaster habits.

Hi,

Thanks for the post guys.
    I think I will stick to Softaculous.

Glad to see you sticking with it. It offers more great selection for the end client.

Quote Originally Posted by petejack9 View Post
    Hi,

I need to choose between Fantastico or Softaculous.
    Which one is better ?

I have used Fantastico a few times and my datacenter is offering Softaculous as well. They say Softaculous is better.
    Can someone point to why is Softacilous better ?
    I think the answer is vary, depend as far your familiar with those features. Based on my experience, I think Fantastico is the best one. But you can try Softaculous.

Some of the larger webhosts use Fantastico. Softaculous has become popular in the last few years, but upgrades are more time consuming.

Most of the clients are used to fantastico, however in my opinion softaculous is better and more scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by dnki View Post
    Some of the larger webhosts use Fantastico. Softaculous has become popular in the last few years, but upgrades are more time consuming.
    That is what surprises me. But logically speaking why would anyone offer outdated scripts to their clients ? I think Softaculous is the new thing and its more wise to offer Softaculous.

Softaculous got our Vote

Softaculous is the best
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

Quote Originally Posted by KMyers View Post
    Softaculous hands down.

Fantastico is not only more expensive but has less scripts and is slower to update scripts. Many users done realize it but Critical WordPress updates take 2-3 weeks to be updated with Fantastico. Softaculous is less then 48 hours.
    That may be true, but if you're updating your WordPress installs via Fantastico/Softaculous you're going about it the wrong way. Best to update WordPress from within WordPress.

Of course, Fantastico doesn't allow mass update either from what I remember!

What do people think of Installatron?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12