Content Management System Question

We are currently working on releasing a new version of our IMS (Information Management System) known as adminIT. We currently only use it for our clients but plan on reselling through Web Design companies that don't currently have a way of allowing their clients to manage their sites and don't want the hassle of creating and maintaining thier own.

The beauty of our IMS is that it can be integrated into any design and doesn't make you stick to a templatable frontend that makes all sites that use it look similiar.

Currently these are the features we have included:
    - WYSIWYG editor (Based on HTMLAREA 3.0)
    - Page content manangement
    - News / Press Release management
    - Events management
    - Photo management (optimizes photos for web usage, multi-photo upload)
    - File manangement
    - Mailing List / Newsletter management
    - Lists management
    - User security (allows users to only access certain areas of the IMS)

Also, we have two additional modules; sellIT and catalogIT.

sellIT is a complete e-Commerce package, with inventory control, client management, order management, shopping cart, etc.

catalogIT is a basic way for clients to manage an online product catalog. It's perfect for businesses such as Real Estate agents.

Anyway, my question is, what are some other features you'd like to see if you were going to resell something like this to your clients?
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

Nothing?? Come on guys ....

First, I would recommend you drop htmlarea, as it's been discontinued. The project has forked off to xinha, though "(X)inha (I)s (N)ot (H)tml(A)rea" (see http://xinha.gogo.co.nz/cgi-bin/trac.cgi for more information).

Alternatively, consider the other prominent alternatives like fckeditor or tinymce. I'd personally suggest xinha, though.

I didn't know there was still a market for CMS, particularly with the large stream of open source projects online today.
    Brad Liang
    please check out LifeType

Originally posted by KIA-Joe
    Nothing?? Come on guys ....
    Maybe you should ask the mods to move it to the offers forum. This sort of thing really doesn't belong in the web design forum.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Pretty Cool

Probably can add some Ad Management system?

Originally posted by bliang
    First, I would recommend you drop htmlarea, as it's been discontinued. The project has forked off to xinha, though "(X)inha (I)s (N)ot (H)tml(A)rea" (see http://xinha.gogo.co.nz/cgi-bin/trac.cgi for more information).

Alternatively, consider the other prominent alternatives like fckeditor or tinymce. I'd personally suggest xinha, though.
    Actually HTMLAREA 3.0 has been picked up by another company. You can find more information here:

http://www.dynarch.com/projects/htmlarea/

I didn't know there was still a market for CMS, particularly with the large stream of open source projects online today.
    There is a market for a managed solution for companies that do "web design" but don't necessarily do programming. Or for web design companies that would rather not worry about an open-source solution that MIGHT do what they want or if it doesn't, they don't have anyone to really call.

The HTMLArea module is headed towards the xinha "upgrade." Hey, no more .js files by default!

Regardless, unless you've really spent a long time fixing those bugs in HTMLArea we all hate, I'd suggest going with the greatly improved xinha module.

Just out of curiousity, is there any issue over the sale of code protected by BSD licensing? I've never really sat down and checked out anything but GNU Public.
    Brad Liang
    please check out LifeType

The HTMLArea module is headed towards the xinha "upgrade." Hey, no more .js files by default!
    Thanks, we will definitely look though it.

Just out of curiousity, is there any issue over the sale of code protected by BSD licensing? I've never really sat down and checked out anything but GNU Public.
    Not to my knowledge. We aren't technically selling it, it just a included in the code that we are selling.