Thread: Online Money

1. Online Money

Hello, Everyone I'm new here i'm just starting up a hosting company.... I have a paypal business account but I was searching the internet and found a voice converstaion from a guy to paypal and they froze his account for no reason. I just don't really want to trust, paypal with my money. Since i'm just starting out 2checkout, will take to much away for just starting out, are there any other online money transfer companies that are good, and are there any canadian ones?

Thanks, John B

Welcome!

I've been using PayPal for 2 years + now without any problems. I am currently looking to get my own merchant account but haven't taken the step. PayPal may be fine for you just starting out. There are some horror stories out there but there are many people as well who will tell you that PayPal has been fine for them.

Mike

3. Thanks, I have been using paypal for about 8 months without a problem also, it's just I'm not sure if it's good for business..

Just make sure you become Verified, and don't do anything shady.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

5. IS there a need to become verifyed?

Less possibility that they will shut you down for now reason.

Boris
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

PayPal worked fine for us in the beginning. The have great rates and we've been using them for a long time with no problems. You should however look into a merchant account. It's much more convenient than using any third party processor, plus in the end it's actually much cheaper than most processors.

Keep in mind that having am ability to accept payment via paypal is also very useful as a lot of customers seem to prefer it to a regular credit card transaction (I have no idea why)

Eugene
    - AdWatcher - From the founders of HostVoice, comes the first ad management and tracking service created with web hosts in mind. Track Google AdWords, Overture, hosting directories, local advertising, etc. Compatible with ModernBill, WHM AutoPilot, ClientExec, PayPal, 2CO and others.
    - Pay Per Click Marketing Book - Don't spend another dollar on PPC ads before you read this book.

8. THanks for your input guys

Just dont leave your money in there and they wont have anything to freeze...

Originally posted by bqinternet
    Just make sure you become Verified, and don't do anything shady.
    What would one/paypal consider shady?

Originally posted by propcgamer
    What would one/paypal consider shady?
    If every time you receive a payment, you then pay half of it to druglord22@aol.com, just like clockwork.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***