Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empty booths?

Empty booths?

Looks to be alot of empty booths this time, granted theres more booths.. doesnt look to be to popular this time?

Whats up?
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

We're still over 3 months away from the show and we're more than 50% sold. We're about where we were last year at this time.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Did last year's event sell out? How much larger is this year's event supposed to be compared with last years?
    Rob Moore
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Web Hosting Providers - since 2005.
    Video Tutorials for cPanel, Plesk, WordPress, Email, DNS, FTP and more!
    Custom Video Factory | Video Tutorial Translations | Branded Video Tutorials

Maybe people are waiting for the last min to get in and offer a lower price on the booths...
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Yes, we sold out last year. We've added about 35 more booth spaces this year, but our floorplan is flexible enough that we can drop some of those if we don't sell them. I'm a bit behind in updating the floorplan online right now because we're trying to get the conference program finalized, so there are more exhibitors than are listed on the website right now.
    George A. Roberts IV ~ President & CEO, Purity Networks

Powerful, easy to use antispam services

Im sure it will be packed as normal, last year the exhibit hall was full and this year should easily attract another 35, if not who cares
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

We booked our exhibit space over a week ago, and it was only today that it went up on the exhibit floor site. They're very busy at Interjuncture right now, so there are probably several other spaces already booked.... and just not reflected on the site yet. I'm sure it will sell out again this year.... but regardless, it will be a great show

Rob.
    Rob Moore

So far this year, only 44 booths. Last year was soldout. How many people are registered this year to go to hostingcon?
    Jay

We've got 4 registered.

Are you sure only 44 booths, i know the site isnt kept totally upto date all the time..
    Matt Wallis

We have not registered yet. Still debating what registration type to go for. The first year in Chicago we went for full conference and it was a bit of a waste, so last year in Vegas we opted for exhibit hall only.

I see this year the exhibit hall hours are fairly restrictive though. What type of passes did you opt for this year Matt?

- Chris

We are the same, full pass is a waste but we did get them for this year. Spending so much getting 4 of us out there from UK and Aus that the conference pass is the cheap bit, so just got full passes anyhow. Make the most of the lunch
    Matt Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by Rochen View Post
    I see this year the exhibit hall hours are fairly restrictive though.
    I think they're better than last year.

In 2006, the exhibit hall was open for 3 days. The first day was very busy, the second day had a medium level of traffic, and the third day had very little traffic. It wasn't worth being there for hours for the few people who came other than just to walk through the exhibit hall. We'll be able to connect with the same number of people in 2 days and make better use of our time.

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

Don't forget to figure in that people always love to procrastinate and there will probably be a surge right towards the end :-)

We're doing exibit-only.

I think Hosting Con is missing Vegas. I am at least Chicago is a great town, but you always increase the numbers for Vegas shows.
    sales@ipv4depot.com
    www.ipv4depot.com
    IPv4 Buying, Selling, and Leasing

I think HostingCon will do just fine in Chicago

Rob.
    Rob Moore

* We are busy and the excitement builds

We at Interjuncture are busy getting ready for ALL you to arrive. The exhibit spaces are still filling and we are trying to update as quickly as we can.

There are Parties Happening everynight and so much to do in Chicago. I hope that by this weekend I can give you some more heads up on all the information we are being regarding events at Hostingcon and in the City.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN !
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by suechurch View Post
    We at Interjuncture are busy getting ready for ALL you to arrive.
    And we're getting ready to arrive!

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AGAIN !
    Looking forward to seeing you again too, Sue!
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Checklist:

1. Company Polo Shirts - Packed
    2. Toothbrush - Packed
    3. Laptop - Packed
    4. Credit Card - Packed
    5. Passports - Packed

Here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Matt View Post
    Checklist:

1. Company Polo Shirts - Packed
    2. Toothbrush - Packed
    3. Laptop - Packed
    4. Credit Card - Packed
    5. Passports - Packed

Here we come!
    Dammit, Matt. Don't get me excited. We're still a month away! (I had to double check the date when I read your post to make sure it was a month away, and not a couple of days away. ).

Ok... now you've done it...

1. Company Polo Shirt (Umm. One shirt. I'll smell all week)
    2. Toothbrust
    3. Laptop with a silly American plug adapter and spare battery
    4. Plane ticket (I have an awful plane journey home... Canton/Akron > Charlotte > Phili > Manchester)
    5. Passport
    6. Money. Plenty of money.

I can't wait.

6. Money. Plenty of money.
    At least the exchange rate is looking in your favor. I know what when I stopped in Northern Ireland during my trip last week, the US dollar to Pound rate (and even the US to Euro) is terrible!

chicago is great!
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWalczak View Post
    At least the exchange rate is looking in your favor. I know what when I stopped in Northern Ireland during my trip last week, the US dollar to Pound rate (and even the US to Euro) is terrible!
    Unfortunately, I don't gain much because 90% of my income is in USD so I lose money as soon as I convert to GBP. All I'll be doing is getting some of that loss back to break even.

Damn Dollar!

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Jamie View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't gain much because 90% of my income is in USD so I lose money as soon as I convert to GBP. All I'll be doing is getting some of that loss back to break even.

Damn Dollar!
    I share your grief. In Canada, our dollar has been soaring with respect to the US dollar, and since we sell our services in US dollars we are getting hit pretty hard by the exchange rate when we convert revenues to Canadian dollars.

Let's hope the US dollar starts picking up again.... right after we get back from Chicago

Rob.
    Rob Moore

I know this might be off the topic, but....

does anyone know if a standard 10x10 booth exhibitor get any free passes for the booth staff? I wonder what type of registration is required....

Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast