Trafficmagnet.com

Hi,

Ok these guys are famous for their spamming, they are almost a household name. They absolutely drive me nuts with all their spamming.

But I am asking on a clients behalf, has anyone actually used them? Basically be received the normal "Sarah Williams" email and signed up. Now he did this before I could give him any advise.

Now are these guys a complete scam, or do they actually submit your link to the 300,000 odd search engines (cough cough).
    So far my client had been sent his order confirmation and he has a control panel so he can change his keywords.

So what I would like to know is has actually anyone signed up to their service, and if so were you scammed.
    Anyone who does not wish to admit it can PM me in privacy

Im basically on a little man hunt to try and find out who they are. I know there business address is fake, but their fax numbers do work.
    There was a little news feature I found searching google that stated they were owned by a Australian SEO firm.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have had SPAM from them too, In fact I have repoted to SPEWS.

Here is some info on them and to find out who they are:

Organization:
    PD Host Inc
    Domain Admin
    Vanterpool Plaza, 2nd Floor, Wickhams CAY I
    Road Town,
    VG
    Phone: 1 415 8747218
    Email: kthomas@pdhost.com

Domain Name: TRAFFICMAGNET.COM

Created on..............: Wed, Mar 06, 2002
    Expires on..............: Mon, Jan 21, 2013
    Record last updated on..: Thu, Jul 17, 2003

Domain servers in listed order:

AXN.ELINKDNS.COM 202.108.254.218
    TONGYAN.ELINKDNS.COM 202.108.254.217
    =========================================
    Next Domain:

Domain Name: ELINKDNS.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
    Name Server: AXN.ELINKDNS.COM
    Name Server: TONGYAN.ELINKDNS.COM
    Updated Date: 17-jul-2003
    Creation Date: 13-jul-2003
    Expiration Date: 13-jul-2004
    ======================
    3rd domain:

Pdhost.com uses same as above too (no need to paste it all).

=======================
    Thier IP 202.108.254.217:

ARIN says that this IP belongs to APNIC; I'm looking it up there.

inetnum: 202.108.0.0 - 202.108.255.255
    netname: CHINANET-BJ
    descr: CHINANET Beijing province network
    descr: Data Communication Division
    admin-c: DK26-AP
    tech-c: SY21-AP
    mnt-by: MAINT-CNCGROUP
    mnt-lower: MAINT-CHINANET-BJ
    changed: hostmaster@ns.chinanet.cn.net 20000101
    source: APNIC
    ==========================

They seem to be in SPEWS Listings already :
    http://spews.org/html/S713.html

Guess a few more complaints won't hurt
    Regards,
    Eric

Do 300,000 search engines exist?

No.

They're spamming your link to free-for-all pages which does nothing.

Have him contest the charge.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

There are a few (I guess anyway) places who can help you with search engines, but the first warning sign is the 300,000 search engines crap. Any legit SEO is gonna focus on the big ones (how many big search engines are there? a dozen maybe?) plus a few smaller ones that might be specific to a certain target. And they're not gonna spam, and they're gonna have a personal relationship with the customer because they'll need to in order to truly optimize your placement (and there's a lot of debate if it's really gonna work).

This crap is just well, crap, they're gonna spew you out to all these "FFA" sites and submit you to themain engines, something you can do yourself from innumerable free search engine submission services.

Tell your customer to dispute the charges and quit replying to spammers, it only encourages them!
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Yes these people are spammers and buy ordering you are only giving them the fuel to keep spamming. I was getting there email everyday.

and Dixiesys is correct about the ffa they dont do nothing for you.

I would dispute the charges and in the future stop signing up for any thing that is being spammed.

If it has to be spammed then it isnt worth anything other wise they would be selling enough with out having to spam
    Jeremy Shepherd
    Jshepmedia
    Illustration and Website Design

Originally posted by SideFX
    Yes these people are spammers and buy ordering you are only giving them the fuel to keep spamming. I was getting there email everyday.

and Dixiesys is correct about the ffa they dont do nothing for you.

I would dispute the charges and in the future stop signing up for any thing that is being spammed.

If it has to be spammed then it isnt worth anything other wise they would be selling enough with out having to spam
    whoa, hold on there. i didn't sign up to them and I never would if something was sent to me via SPAM.

My customer has asked advice on if they are going to rip him off, by taking his money and do nothing. He signed up for the submission service because thats the service he wanted, whether it works or not is another matter and is not the issue.

Quite frankly TrafficMagnet are a desease that have been able to email everyone of my email addresses I have ever had, at some point or another.
    Thats why I have set on this little hunt for information.

Amusive ... about 1, 000, 000 or more exist. Search engines sell on ebay like crazy ... for $1! People are just nuts and they think they can turn their site into another google. I even saw somebody advertising their search engine on google. Sigh ... people will never learn.

You can submit it to those 1 million search engines and there would be no use for it. What's the point of submitting your site to a search engine that gets 5 visitors per or no visitors month? You tell me ...

Originally posted by Dedicatedone
    Amusive ... about 1, 000, 000 or more exist. Search engines sell on ebay like crazy ... for $1! People are just nuts and they think they can turn their site into another google. I even saw somebody advertising their search engine on google. Sigh ... people will never learn.
    No, they don't.

Maybe 10,000. And this counts that many just pull feeds from other engines (which shouldn't count as they don't have their own DB). Oh, that also includes the flurry of PPC search engines, which is what you see on ebay most often, which you don't even get submitted to.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com