Cloudlinux and Dedicated Servers

I'm buying a dedicated servers and I have a few questions about my setup and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I will be putting Litespeed on the server, but the question is about Cloudlinux.

I will be using the server for web hosting and selling VPS's.

If I put Cloudlinux on the server, do you install it on a VPS? Or do you install over the whole server?

I don't see people selling Cloudlinux VPS's.
    ██ EludedHost.com | High quality hosting at an affordable price!
    LiteSpeed | CloudLinux | Softaculous | Daily Backups
    Meeting the demands of high traffic websites with no compromise!

Re: Cloudlinux and Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoo View Post
    I'm buying a dedicated servers and I have a few questions about my setup and I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I will be putting Litespeed on the server, but the question is about Cloudlinux.

I will be using the server for web hosting and selling VPS's.

If I put Cloudlinux on the server, do you install it on a VPS? Or do you install over the whole server?
    From my understanding Cloudlinux only limits resources for hosted users. You want to use something like Xen, OpenVZ, etc to limit vps resources.

I would contact them directly they have the best support.

https://helpdesk.cloudlinux.com
    WordPress Hosting
    Shared / White Label Reseller WHM | SSD Cloud | CloudLinux

www.LarisMedia.com Wordpress & Magento Website Design

Well, I did some research and it looks like I couldn't use Cloudlinux with OpenVZ as it's not compatible. Looks like if I did want cloudlinux only VPS I could sell would be Xen VPS.

We sell Xen-based VPS with CloudLinux without any trouble.
    And you can install CL on VPS or dedicated server, just depend on what you want to do.

You can not use cloudlinux on the physical server if are going to virtulize it but you can definitely use it on the VPS server. A cloudlinux is ideal for shared servers as it would limit resources per users thus offering equal amount of resources to every user and in case any user crosses your defined limit he would receive an error.
    TronicHost.com - Offshore Web Hosting Provider. Netherlands/Romania || 24x7 Support
    Shared/Reseller Hosting | Offshare VPS/Dedicated Server. Paypal/Perfectmony/Payza/Bitcoin accepted

Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn View Post
    We sell Xen-based VPS with CloudLinux without any trouble.
    And you can install CL on VPS or dedicated server, just depend on what you want to do.
    Is the installation process for VPS different then a dedicated server?

No, the same installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoo View Post
    Is the installation process for VPS different then a dedicated server?
    Just make sure you use Xen, VMWare or KVM. Any vps that will allow the compilation of kernel module.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Re: Cloudlinux and Dedicated Servers

Keep in mind every vm will have to have a Cloudlinux licensing. If the vps itself is not being used as a shared server it is honestly a waste to have Cloudlinux installed.
    WordPress Hosting
    Shared / White Label Reseller WHM | SSD Cloud | CloudLinux

www.LarisMedia.com Wordpress & Magento Website Design

Quote Originally Posted by larishosting View Post
    Keep in mind every vm will have to have a Cloudlinux licensing. If the vps itself is not being used as a shared server it is honestly a waste to have Cloudlinux installed.
    Agreed.

If you want to host any VPSes (even just 1!) your dedicated server becomes a VPS node. If you want to host websites too, you will need to create a VPS on your node and use that as your hosting platform. For your node, you can use hypervisor software (XenServer or VMWare ESX) or Xen on top of something like CentOS. For your hosting VPS, cloud linux would work. You can't use Virtuozzo as your node software since it doesn't allow for compilation of custom kernel modules, like net said.

Hope that helps,
    Alex

What kind of server are you looking at what is the disk drive and bandwidth, what is your budget for your new server

Quote Originally Posted by Sonwebhost View Post
    What kind of server are you looking at what is the disk drive and bandwidth, what is your budget for your new server
    I wasn't looking to purchase hosting I was asking a question. I purchased a server with 100mbps bandwidth and 2x2TB Hard Drives.

CloudLinux will run under any fully hardware assisted virtualization platform. Ya know, KVM seems to be gaining some popularity as of late. It's a decent platform worth looking at.

-Vic