Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HyperVM is still alive?

I have sent them few questions, but never get reply. On their forums, there are other requests without reply either http://forum.lxlabs.com/index.php?t=...=3130&start=0&

I wonder if someone here on WHT can get contact with them? Is this company still working?

To be honest with you I have to say they have the worst support! I've contacted them in the past and was told to submit a ticket. I submit a ticket then they tell me to do something else. They are alive but will choose to answer only certain support questions. http://forum.lxlabs.com/index.php?t=usrinfo&id=6& . If you don't mind me asking what type of issues are you currently having?

Not a real issue. I was sending some pre-sales questions. Sent to sales without any reply. Then I tried to catch someone in live chat, they asked me to send to lxhelp. Did it, and nothing returned either. I thought they're closed and dont want to have new sales

I was wondering the same... I just received October's invoice for my licenses and Nov and Dec aren't generated in the client area at all so I can't pay for those yet

I've sent an email to sales about this without response.

I have a feeling they are overwhelmed with a few of the larger hosts adopting their panel, hypervm. cough, cough, vpslink and maybe a few others....

And simple support tickets take several days only to get a dummy response.

Well, I guess they do not want your business... I would suggest emailing, helpdesk, and forum to contact them and if they don't respond back its their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by jbwebhosting View Post
    I was wondering the same... I just received October's invoice for my licenses and Nov and Dec aren't generated in the client area at all so I can't pay for those yet.
    lolz... havent pay but the software is still functioning? Will they give free software

Yeah, the strangest thing.. I received an invoice two days ago and paid it, but it was for October! HyperVM has been running fine though, I just figured they were WAY behind and emailed then on it, but I haven't heard back from them yet, clients area shows my latest invoice being October's....

You can use the live chat on their site for sales questions, if i ever ask a question on livechat they say its for sales only.
    -- Adam

I tried with live chat several times, even I can see lx_lxsales there, but useless

Connecting to the chat personnel... Please wait
    It appears there's no one in the channel. Please leave your message here, or please contact lxhelp@lxlabs.com. We apologize for the inconvenience

live chat is not available but i've emailed and opened a billing ticket...

Live Chat is available from time-to-time. You just have to catch them at the right time. We have deployed HyperVm and have had no problemss. But, we also had no reason needed to contact there support team so I guess it depends on what your trying to do.

I got a response from sales:
    You will receive the invoice soon.

Thanks.

I've had a 32 VPS license on my server for 6 months, never had to pay. Never had an invoice generated.
    AS395558

HVM is very slow.

How is it slow?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    How is it slow?
    Because I know it's not the server and Cpanel was faster when I had it.

How about cpanel and lxadmin? Which one is faster...

p.s.

How does your first post relate to the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt.G View Post
    How about cpanel and lxadmin? Which one is faster...
    I'm using lxadmin, but I say cpanel was fast for sure.

Im not sure if they are alive, a brand new open source VPS control panel for openvz was released today by Richard Stallman and BobCares.

http://www.vtonf.com/

The source is not there but should be any day.
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

Quote Originally Posted by VAGU-Jeffrey View Post
    Live Chat is available from time-to-time. You just have to catch them at the right time. We have deployed HyperVm and have had no problemss. But, we also had no reason needed to contact there support team so I guess it depends on what your trying to do.
    O you will Jeff. We were one of the first users of Hypervm and have beta tested many functions for them but they have really declined in support over the last few months. There are a few known bugs out there (may be openvz) and there is a known vulnerability out there for the hypervm panel itself. It may have been patched or not who knows.

We have had live migrate work 90 times out of 100 but those 10 times when it didn't work really was no fun. I still recommend hypervm but only if they get their act together for support. If they are charging for support then charge for it. If not then don't but either way they must support thier product better.
    Last edited by Coolraul; 01-11-2008 at 02:12 PM.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

As of right now I've volunteered to help LXLabs out as I've seen the situation, and been in the situation, where they are in before (growth etc) so. As such if there are problems/issues that are oustanding / haven't been resovled / general comments people can email me regarding HyperVM on rus@lxlabs.com and I will see what I can do to get things all happy again for you

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Pretty good to see a VPS experienced admin to help us. Thanks for your efforts Rus. I will contact you soon.

Nice one Rus!

Some clarifications:

Re competition: The only competition for hyperVM at this point is HSPComplete, since people seem to be reluctant to write decent fully distributed software that can handle your entire server farm. HyperVM is a trivial software. The other ones are what I would call as toy softwares.

Support: The number of clients we have for both hyperVM and lxadmin, coupled with our current cheap pricing, makes providing free support not merely a difficult task, but simply impossible. Writing code is easy, but providing support is a very costly business. Our softwares are very cheap. The people who benefited most out of them were the ones who had previous experience with virtualization, and had very large number of vpses--of the order of 1000s. For people who were very new to the concept of vpes, yes, hyperVM didn't work out properly, and this is something we will rectify. Please see below.

Bugs: If you check our forums, you will see that only 1% of the reported issues were actual bugs in hyperVM/Lxadmin, all of which we have acknowledged and fixed very fast. Migration is the only thing that has some issues in hyperVM. We do guarantee that you will never ever run into data loss, but migration of vps from one server to another does need some human attention at this point. It takes a long time, and if the network connection breaks in between, it can lead to inconsistent state. We will fix this properly with the next release.

Anyway, we have listened to our very dedicated group of people in our forum, who, while very annoying :-) , has also provided us valuable feedback and criticisms, and we are introducing very detailed support packages for both hyperVM and Lxadmin, which will allow a vps vendor to directly provide managed lxadmin vpses to their customers. To accomplish this, we have partnered with an existing support provider, since we do not have a lot of experience in this area. We will also dedicate one person to our forum.

Re lxlabs: we will be around forever. Our softwares are what I call as a violation of second law of thermodynamics. :-) Their complexity actually decreases as their size increases. But I appreciate the concern of all the people who have posted in this thread.

Re Billing: We are rewriting some parts, and we will send out the invoices soon. We didn't want to overwhelm our customers with too many invoices together, and that's why we delayed it. But if you don't mind all the invoices simultaneously, we would be glad to send them. :-)

Thanks!
    Last edited by hello-world; 01-20-2008 at 07:06 AM.
    HyperVM, The most complete VPS management system in the industry, now with Windows Support
    http://lxlabs.com/software/hypervm/full-feature
    Lxadmin: HiB: runs on 15MB RAM; Enterprise: 100s of thousands of domains on 100s of Servers.
    http://lxlabs.com/software/lxadmin/

In keeping with our 'violation of Second Law' promise, in the last 2 weeks, we have released 5 significant updates.

1) Official Lxadmin 5.0: With more than 200 new features. CentOS 5 support.

2) Lxguard: Advanced Intrusion detection and prevention.

3) Lxadmin Enterprise: This makes Lxadmin the most flexible software on this planet. From comfortably running on 15MB RAM vps to managing millions of domains on 1000s of servers.

4) HyperVM Windows. The only full windows virtualization available specifically targeting the hosting industry. If you are fed up with the limitations of container virtualization, hyperVM windows is something you will find refreshing. And yes, as hyperVisors become more stable, container virtualization will be completely made irrelevant.

5) Lxadmin Windows Beta: Lxadmin Windows will be released exactly 2 months after Windows 2008, and Lxadmin Enterprise will support a mixed cluster containing both Linux and Windows.

We are working on providing cheaper support options to our clients.

Thanks.
    HyperVM, The most complete VPS management system in the industry, now with Windows Support
    http://lxlabs.com/software/hypervm/full-feature
    Lxadmin: HiB: runs on 15MB RAM; Enterprise: 100s of thousands of domains on 100s of Servers.
    http://lxlabs.com/software/lxadmin/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast