Should I go to HostingCon?

Never been to a hosting conference before. I run a Domain Name Investment firm in Los Angeles but our hosting needs have grown dramatically over the years which is why I joined this forum.

Thinking of going just for the exhibits and networking. Since I'm only a 1.5 hour drive away I thought it might be worth it.

What is the real value of going to this conference and will it be so big that I'm just lost in a sea of people that know each other and not me?

I think it could have some benefits for you
    Doug
    Finance, Operations, and Business Executive

Is there a place for newbies to meet and hang-out together? Trying to convince my fiance to go but for some reason a "hosting conference" doesn't sound as fun to her as it does to me

There are networking event AKA PARTIES where you must have lotsa fun.. so com'on barbie, let's go party song can work out well for your fiance. ;-)

You should have lot's of fun and grow your network too

You could gain some really good contacts.
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by DomainNameInvesting View Post
    Never been to a hosting conference before. I run a Domain Name Investment firm in Los Angeles but our hosting needs have grown dramatically over the years which is why I joined this forum.

Thinking of going just for the exhibits and networking. Since I'm only a 1.5 hour drive away I thought it might be worth it.

What is the real value of going to this conference and will it be so big that I'm just lost in a sea of people that know each other and not me?
    Since you live so close, I would strongly suggest checking it out just in case you might find some good opportunities to rapidly increase your business. At the very least you will find some potential contacts to help you handle your growing hosting needs.
    Drew Adams- Hivelocity- Sales Manager
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Exclusive Flat Rate cPanel Provider

I think you should come to hostingCon. Its a place for the industry to meet and share ideas and knowledge
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.