Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    We are not currently having an network problem on our network itself.
    We are not down, or having packet loss on our network itself.
    The issue appears to be at the PCCW backbone hop prior to reaching our network.
    That affects clients coming on that route specifically.
    We are looking into the issue, and will route around it need be.

and why should I reboot the server today, 1:30 hours, it would be a ray. If you gave all customers APC, free
      0 Not allowed!

We are not currently having an network problem on our network itself.
    We are not down, or having packet loss on our network itself.
    The issue appears to be at the PCCW backbone hop prior to reaching our network.
    That affects clients coming on that route specifically.
    We are looking into the issue, and will route around it need be.
    We shut down PCCW for now, until they fix their issues.
      0 Not allowed!

je,je,je, ... good bye bursnet
      0 Not allowed!

Reboot Ticket ID: 2471876
    When Created: 11-28-2010 - 04:05PM

Still no answer (100 mins after ticket was created).
    What issues are you having now?
      0 Not allowed!

Who bears responsibility and how me now to recover the data for loss of the data?

All recovery procedures have been exhausted. Unfortunately, our engineers were unable to retrieve data from your Vserver (VEID 70057). Your Vserver is back up and running, and your original VEID and IP Addresses should be restored as well as the original OS at the time you ordered. At this point, our hope is that you can rely on any backups you were able to make via the VePortal backup interface or other means. If you have trouble restoring VePortal backups, please open a support ticket. Though we cannot guarantee full (or even partial) data restoration, we will work to the limit of our abilities.

For more information on our data recovery and backup policy, please see:
      0 Not allowed!

I love how this thread has turned into burnet customer service department, support desk, and billing portal this is a forum to talk about the outage and for burst to update us, if you have lost data that is your fault, these servers are not managed and burst have tried everything they can try you should of backed up offsite if the data was that important.

OPEN A TICKET WITH BURST NET!!!!!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by yours1 View Post
    Who bears responsibility and how me now to recover the data for loss of the data?

All recovery procedures have been exhausted. Unfortunately, our engineers were unable to retrieve data from your Vserver (VEID 70057). Your Vserver is back up and running, and your original VEID and IP Addresses should be restored as well as the original OS at the time you ordered. At this point, our hope is that you can rely on any backups you were able to make via the VePortal backup interface or other means. If you have trouble restoring VePortal backups, please open a support ticket. Though we cannot guarantee full (or even partial) data restoration, we will work to the limit of our abilities.

For more information on our data recovery and backup policy, please see:
    It's really sad but something like this can happen and it's just our responsibility.

I also rely too much on some pseudo-backup facilities but the only reliable way to make a backup is to use yes the provided facilities (if any) then downloading the backups in our computer or using some other online resources.

We cannot blame no one for data loss but ourself.
      0 Not allowed!

oops and there goes my VPS again. Not gonna complain though, doesn't bother me too much tbf.

Edit: It's back now (:
    Last edited by sburns1992; 11-29-2010 at 12:56 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi guys, just want to found out how to solved this or if anyone get same problem : the server's internet access are slower after the explosion for some/all sites, it is definitely slower when i try download files from ftp now (it is really slow now, before the averages are 200KBps, but now its only 11-16KBps).
    Already test using host-tracker.com too its slower too (for example before the result for Scranton, PA server too is about 1,000-2,000 KB/sec, but in current result now its only 100-200 KB/sec)

some settings maybe changed after the explosion for the sites, we still dont change anything until the explosion 3-4 days ago

i am using a dedicated server, with addon 1GBPS Port $20/month

wget testing from ssh root are fast, here are the result

root@server1 [~]# wget ftp://ftp2.nl.freebsd.org/speedtest/1000mb.bin
    --2010-11-29 23:43:38-- ftp://ftp2.nl.freebsd.org/speedtest/1000mb.bin
    => `1000mb.bin'
    Resolving ftp2.nl.freebsd.org... 94.75.223.121
    Connecting to ftp2.nl.freebsd.org|94.75.223.121|:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
    ==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
    ==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /speedtest ... done.
    ==> SIZE 1000mb.bin ... 1048576000
    ==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR 1000mb.bin ... done.
    Length: 1048576000 (1000M)

100%[====================================>] 1,048,576,000 23.1M/s in 53s

but if i try to cd to one of account first for example /home/accountname (the account name are accountname, the domain are domain.com), its very slow, here are the result

root@server1 [~]# cd /home/accountname
    root@server1 [/home/accountname]# wget ftp://ftp2.nl.freebsd.org/speedtest/1000mb.bin
    --2010-11-30 00:09:02-- ftp://ftp2.nl.freebsd.org/speedtest/1000mb.bin
    => `1000mb.bin'
    Resolving ftp2.nl.freebsd.org... 94.75.223.121
    Connecting to ftp2.nl.freebsd.org|94.75.223.121|:21... connected.
    Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
    ==> SYST ... done. ==> PWD ... done.
    ==> TYPE I ... done. ==> CWD /speedtest ... done.
    ==> SIZE 1000mb.bin ... 1048576000
    ==> PASV ... done. ==> RETR 1000mb.bin ... done.
    Length: 1048576000 (1000M)

100%[====================================>] 1,048,576,000 450K/s in 22m 25s

again, this just happened few days a go after the explosion, and nothing we changed before in the sites/whm/ssh

please share what can be causing this or how to fix it by my self from whm or ssh maybe, its very long time to waiting they replied ticket before (about 48 hours last time even we ordered Fully Managed Service $49.95 too), its looks like they are very busy right now after this accident few days ago
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by basketmen View Post
    please share what can be causing this or how to fix it by my self from whm or ssh maybe
    If you have multiple hard drives in your server that would possibly be the reason.

You should run wget with the "-O /dev/null" argument to rule out your server's hard drive being overloaded.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by basketmen View Post
    Hi guys, just want to found out how to solved this or if anyone get same problem : the server's internet access are slower after the explosion for some/all sites, it is definitely slower when i try download files from ftp now (it is really slow now, before the averages are 200KBps, but now its only 11-16KBps).
    Already test using host-tracker.com too its slower too (for example before the result for Scranton, PA server too is about 1,000-2,000 KB/sec, but in current result now its only 100-200 KB/sec)

some settings maybe changed after the explosion for the sites, we still dont change anything until the explosion 3-4 days ago

i am using a dedicated server, with addon 1GBPS Port $20/month

wget testing from ssh root are fast, here are the result

but if i try to cd to one of account first for example /home/accountname (the account name are accountname, the domain are domain.com), its very slow, here are the result

again, this just happened few days a go after the explosion, and nothing we changed before in the sites/whm/ssh

please share what can be causing this or how to fix it by my self from whm or ssh maybe, its very long time to waiting they replied ticket before (about 48 hours last time even we ordered Fully Managed Service $49.95 too), its looks like they are very busy right now after this accident few days ago
    Have you opened a ticket with us regarding this issue? If so, can you PM me the number?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    If you have multiple hard drives in your server that would possibly be the reason.

You should run wget with the "-O /dev/null" argument to rule out your server's hard drive being overloaded.
    Nope, only 1 hard drive 1TB

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Have you opened a ticket with us regarding this issue? If so, can you PM me the number?
    yes i already created a ticket and still waiting the answer again too, Ticket ID: 2457166 if you want to take a look too

Me and my users are still insist after the explotion our sites are feel slower, maybe because now we are using slower port after that explotion, or the burstnet internet access are slower now after that explotion? if yes i hope its temporary, please make it same as fast as before the explotion

here are prove about it using host-tracker.com history result

The result today, the averages from Scranton datacenter too and other only about 60-400 KB/sec
    http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...ackertoday.jpg

The results before the explotion, at November 14, 2010, the averages from Scranton datacenter too and other like you can see about 1000-3000 KB/sec, its about 5-10 times faster more than now
    http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...mber142010.jpg

you can see the real url in the ticket, or i will give you pm if needed

i check burst.net site it self are slower too now after the explotion, the averages from Scranton datacenter too and other only about 300-500 KB/sec, before the averages from Scranton datacenter its about 1000-3000 KB/sec too

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...rstnetsite.jpg
    result link : http://host-tracker.com/check_res_ajx/6070337-0/

no offense at all guys, if you can please help me
      0 Not allowed!

Now burst vps slow and vps control panel sloooooooooow, too bad.
      0 Not allowed!

This is NOT BurstNET technical support dept.
    Open a support ticket and/or wait for the one you have open already to be handled.
    Delays are mostly resolved at this point, so the response times should be reasonable.
      0 Not allowed!

This is NOT BurstNET technical support dept.
    Yep.

</thread>
      0 Not allowed!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 916171819