How much does a PO box cost?

I tried looking at the post office website, but I dont get it???

http://www.usps.com/receive/business...entals.htm#fee

I just want one big enough to hold a medium sized padded envelope or so...
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Then you're probably looking at 3 or 4. Padded envolopes tend to be longer than 5.5"
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Im curious as well.

Regards,
    Anthony B.

Well, the sizes are there pretty clearly. And of course if you get anything that's too big to fit into whatever size box you get you just pick it up at the counter.

The fee group depends on the location of the post office... so you'd have to call or stop by the specific office, or give them the zip code of the location you're interested in.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

JayC,

Thats what I was after. But on that chart, it doesnt say the term of payment. Is it monthly, yearly? What?

Six months.

I believe a small one runs around $36 for six months if you do it with USPS. If you get a bigger package they will normally place it on a bigger box and leave the key on your PO Box.

I think prices are also set per location like JayC said.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Prices vary from post office to post office. I've seen a few advertisements around a couple post offices in my area, where they are starting at about $30/six months.

If you have a choice in the area - I would go for a UPS Store or a private mailbox company. We had a USPS box for a long time, but they do not accept UPS and FedEX packages. For us, it was a real issue. We pay around $35.00 for 6 months and have 24/7 access to the box (another thing USPS did not offer).
    Start Your Own Dialup ISP!
    http://www.YourOwnISP.com
    Take control of your Phone!
    http://www.CallChasers.com

Interesting.... so you are saying that USPS only accepts USPS mailed goods in the PO box? But 3rd party stores will?

I will definitely check in to that.

Quote Originally Posted by theqase
    Interesting.... so you are saying that USPS only accepts USPS mailed goods in the PO box? But 3rd party stores will?

I will definitely check in to that.
    No, USPS will accept anything that fits in the box.
    When I got my PO Box, it was $19/6 months or $38/1 year.

I am paying $22.00 ever 6 months for a very small box.

Quote Originally Posted by RandyT
    No, USPS will accept anything that fits in the box.
    When I got my PO Box, it was $19/6 months or $38/1 year.
    They will accept but UPS won't send to P.O. Boxes

Around here (Canada) it costs about $10 / month for a basic one plus a security deposit last time I checked...
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Quote Originally Posted by vibesolutions
    They will accept but UPS won't send to P.O. Boxes
    Thats where your wrong
    They wont send to PO Boxes when:
    1.Its a request from shipper
    2.Its a box that wont fit in the box

Ive sent plenty of letters thru UPS to PO Boxes, its simple

Thats where your wrong
    They wont send to PO Boxes when:
    1.Its a request from shipper
    2.Its a box that wont fit in the box

not quite randy...
    shipper was a regular person she sent me something via UPS and they held it at the HQ cause it said "will not deliver to P.O boxes"... I called up UPS and they said simply they don't ship to P.O. boxes lol (there was no "shipper" nor were their instructions not to do it)

UPS will accept letters with a P.O. Box address, but won't deliver to that address. See paragraph (p) here, UPS' Terms of Service document:
    http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/service.html

"UPS does not provide delivery to a P.O. box. The shipper must make every effort to obtain a street address. If the shipper should use a P.O. box address, the recipient´s phone number must be included."

They require that phone number because they'll try to call the recipient to attain a delivery address. They'll also charge you an address correction fee. If they can't get a physical address from the recipient, they'll hold the package for pickup as vibesolutions described above.

FedEx won't even accept anything with a P.O. Box address.

Also see this from the USPS site FAQ section:
    http://hdusps.esecurecare.net/cgi-bi...i=&p_topview=1

So one advantage of PMB (Private Mail Box, what the postal service calls companies like Mailboxes Etc. that offer services similar to P.O. Boxes) is that they will accept delivery from any carrier. They'll even sign for packages that require a signature.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggysDad
    If you have a choice in the area - I would go for a UPS Store or a private mailbox company. We had a USPS box for a long time, but they do not accept UPS and FedEX packages. For us, it was a real issue. We pay around $35.00 for 6 months and have 24/7 access to the box (another thing USPS did not offer).
    This is the exact opposite for us. Being in a county seat town, our PO is "open" (the area where the clerk's desk is isn't open of course, just to send mail and get mail from your box) 24 hours. The UPS Store was closed on Sunday and at nights. Probably depends on where you're at... because most UPS Stores are franchises.

I pay $19 for 6 months here in the sticks of MA

If you get a PO box, you are better off with a PMB. UPS/FedEx/DHL/Any Private Courier can not and will not deliver to a post office box. The postal system doesn't accept anything but mail from the USPS. There is no exception to this rule and there isn't anywehre where the rule is different.

You are much better off a PostNet or Mail Boxes Etc or Postal Annex. They usually will give you 24/7 access to your mail, give you the cost if you buy stamps w/o markup and give discounts on thing sin the store. They also can accept UPS, FedEx, DHL and private courier boxes. If you got any questions, my family has been in the business for about 20 years (We own two Mail Boxes Etc's), feel free to post them and ask me.

-randyc