Thread: Cloud computing

Cloud computing

I am interested in knowing more about cloud hosting and how it is setup. Can anybody suggest a URL which explains the working and setup how to of cloud hosting? Does it require special software to run? What minimum amount of servers does it require?
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

Take a look at 3tera's stuff. http://www.3tera.com

The term 'cloud computing' is a bit ambiguous. But I assume you mean an infrastructure with on-demand and scalable resources.

From the open source side you can have a look at OpenQRM (google it I can't include the url).

Quote Originally Posted by badnews View Post
    The term 'cloud computing' is a bit ambiguous. But I assume you mean an infrastructure with on-demand and scalable resources.

From the open source side you can have a look at OpenQRM (google it I can't include the url).
    Here is the link http://www.openqrm.com/
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Does it mean that Applogic and openQRM are the software/platform used for achieving cloud computing? What do companies like Mosso and Softlayer use?
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

Quote Originally Posted by prashant1979 View Post
    Does it mean that Applogic and openQRM are the software/platform used for achieving cloud computing? What do companies like Mosso and Softlayer use?
    Mosso uses their own custom software for the hosting, and I'm not sure what they use for the cloud servers, probably Xen and their own custom control panel. I think Softlayer's cloud computing also is a custom solution, but their cloud storage service is provided by Mezeo's software.

Basically the utility of clod hosting is its elastic load balancing.It is consisted of many load balancing clusters which are stored in a stored area network(SAN).If any server gets down suddenly then the load will be shared by the other servers in the cluster.Servers can be added and removed from the clusters conveniently.The process of setting it up is explained vividly at ezine articles.