Thread: Domain Names

Domain Names

Hello Where would you say is the best place to buy domain names?

I am going to be using the domain company for the hosting business?

Where would you reccomend?

and why?

Thanks

Tobie

Hi tlswebhost. Which control panel are you using? We use eNom as our registrar because it integrated directly with H-Sphere - It also allows for customers to maintain their own domains (full DNS access and full ownership) - which means less headaches for us, as well us increased customer "trust".

Not sure if they will work for your particular situation, but, we have been very happy with them..
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Hello There I am Using CPanel...

I am trying to find a good domain or service thats reliable for domain purchasing :-)

Thanks

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-07-2004 at 08:49 PM.

Originally posted by tlswebhost
    Hello There I am Using CPanel...

I am trying to find a good domain or service thats reliable for domain purchasing :-)

Thanks

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Enom is good www.wildwestdomains.com is as well awesome.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-07-2004 at 08:49 PM.

There are several companies that offer reseller accounts. Some of the ones to consider would be: eNom, WildWestDomains, Directi and OnlineNIC. I'm going to let you do a search on each of those to see what you think, because everybody has different tastes and needs in domain names.

Personally, I really love my eNom reseller account. It has all the bells and whistles that customers seem to like and it has a nice stable system that I like. It's not a perfect company, but I also like that when the customer goes to eNom, it is not readily apparent what I am paying for the domain. Instead, it appears that eNom charges $29.95 retail for each domain. The other registrars make it easier for end users to find out my wholesale price.

As far as automation, I would recommend www.DramSystem.com and their Drams Plus which would allow for domain registration and hosting sign-up.

Drams used to come with a free $7.95 eNom reseller account... I don't really know if they still do that. If not, you could sign-up with www.NameZoom.net for a free eNom reseller account.

Good Luck!
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin