Red face

I requested a server from them about 2-3 days now, the $350 per month raq and called them that night since it was before 9pm, and no answer, then the next day, both times calling both their tech support and sales, i requested them send me any info on what to do next for my server since they would need host name etc..

its been 2-3 days and nothing yet, just a auto-reply from a few days ago

ANYONE ELSE get the same problem?? does company just screw you over from the get-go?

well I can't say for sure but as I stated in another thread, they're part of visuallink and my friend has a server with them (VL) and it's been down since the weekend. He's been f'ing around with the trying to get the thing back up but as of yet still nadda... not exactly high marks in my book when all you need to do is wipe the system and reinstall linux!

added: guess I should add the info so people know it's for real and not BS... his site is thetechguide.com

[This message has been edited by Dexter (edited 07-26-2000).]

i got ahold of their admin people and someone with half a brain, turns out the server i want (40 gig, 512 ram) is on order, i should expect it to be online by Fri or Sat

Whats with this server? raqs arent that hard to screw up unless you do a major install of something like sendmail or something like that...

Thats incredible you cant even get anyone on the phone.

I recommend raqspace.com to most people as they provide relaible service.

But for probally 50.00-100.00/month less we can provide you the same service on a burstable T3, and we have on staff 24/7 support technicians, in fact when you call you reach a live person not a answering machine.

I can wiave the setup fee since you have had so many problems with yoru current company and I can get a server up and running asap. For further info email me at charles@eazyaccess.com or call our sales office at (316) 618-6923

Charles, I mentioned putting the ads in a signature so we don't have to read through them, but nevermind. I didn't realize you were one of those "unlimited" hosts. That kills your chances of getting most of the regulars here anyway.

The usage policy was not easy to find (I never did find it and I don't bother looking very hard).

Ohhh, and just a suggestion: if you hope to get business, make it so your ORDER page doesn't 404. I am guessing you haven't gotten many signups lately?

Thumbs down

I would NOT recommend getting a dedicated server from this company (cobalts)
    i ordered the server last monday, and they dont reply to emails (even sales
    requests) and if you call them, you will get a women who doesnt know
    anything about what your talking about

The price is great, but you certainly dont get what you pay for.

Exclamation

cobaltrack.com

I got a email from them, i requested the 40 gig / 512 hd server

and heres what i got

162376 KB RAM
    5.5 GIG HARD DRIVE

and they expect me to pay $350 for this?? i sent them a long email just a minute ago.

As in the prev post, i recommend DO NOT GET A DEDICATED SERVER FROM THIS COMPANY!!

If anyone has the following they can offer, i will take it!

Cobalt Raq3i
    512 MB RAM
    40 gig hard drive
    51 gigs bandwidth per month
    $2.75 each gig after
    8 ips

for $0 setup and $350 a month, i will take it! email me asap

PepsiCoke,

The closest I have seen is going to be at http://servers.catalog.com/ I can tell you from personal experience they are competent and if they do screw up they will make it right. They screwed up one time and give me a whole month of free service (worth about 400.00).

Just wondering why you want a 3i? Do you really need to extra NIC or port if it is hosted elsewhere? The 3i will run you a lot more per month for those features you probably will not need. I would stick with a 3 and have the hosting company upgrade the ram and HD for you to make it as powerful as a 3i.

Scott

that was what i was thinking..dont need them after all...Catalog.com looks great

what about their backbone? etc

any one have reviews on catalog.com with dedicated servers?

PepsiCoke,

They probably have the best network around... Our server at Catalog.com has better times then our other servers at Dialtone and Alabanza.

Also on the plus side, they do not make you sign any long-term contract and they give you true bandwidth usage and billing.

On the downside, I didn't have a lot of confidence in their technical support. Though they were competent, I didn't feel that if I had a major problem they could handle it. Also, they do not have an emergency pager number or system for after hours emergencies.

Scott

Hi Scott

Thanks a ton, i signed up the other day, very thankful i seen your post!

PepsiCoke

Fred Guest

PepsiCoke:

What ever happend? Is the server up?