Thread: cheapest colo?

cheapest colo?

who is the cheapest colocation provider you have seen on the internet?

the cheapest i have seen would have to be unitedcolo.com, where it's only $1.00/month + $50.00/month for 1u of rackspace.

anybody found anything cheaper than that?

also, has anybody had experience with united colo as their colocation provider?

love,
    ub3r
      0 Not allowed!

you want something *cheaper* than that?

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

actually i see DN's $99 1u colo (600gb) the best deal for its price and quality(its nac premium!). too bad they are not accepting new orders.
      0 Not allowed!

$100 for 1u and that includes 320GB of Data Transfer where I am at today. Multi-homed BW as well....

0 Not allowed!

I think istop.com is probably near the utter cheapest... but can't say that you won't get what you pay for. Tera-byte is probably next; both are in Canada.

A couple months ago I made a request here for sub-$50 colo for a 2u machine, and got over a dozen responses. Even though it's been less than a week, I've been very, very happy with the company I went with so far - their response time has been phenomenal the two times I've needed hand-holding.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Ankheg
    I think istop.com is probably near the utter cheapest... but can't say that you won't get what you pay for. Tera-byte is probably next; both are in Canada.

A couple months ago I made a request here for sub-$50 colo for a 2u machine, and got over a dozen responses. Even though it's been less than a week, I've been very, very happy with the company I went with so far - their response time has been phenomenal the two times I've needed hand-holding.
    Thats good to hear, willing to share the company name?
    LipWeb.Net
    "Less Lip More Service"
    Providing Quality Hosting at Fair Prices
    AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at]lipweb.net [color=red]
      0 Not allowed!

Of course, with the BIG caveat that what I'm paying (<$40/mo) is a LOT less than any of their advertised prices on their site, and that what I'm getting for that (2U, 15GB/mo) is a lot less than most people need or use. I make no guarantee AT ALL that they'd honor or respond to such a request again, but... it's Digital Princeton (digitalprinceton.net), and, like I said, I've been extremely pleased with their service thus far. I figured in a month or so I'd post an actual review-type post, since, although they're active here on WHT, they're not much discussed.
    redpin.com - offering amazingly competent email, dns, and web hosting since 2002... because someone has to!
    Because Simple Things Should Be Simple - YouCANHasDNS
      0 Not allowed!

actually i see DN's $99 1u colo (600gb) the best deal for its price and quality(its nac premium!). too bad they are not accepting new orders.
    Contact them directly, afaik they DO still have colo space available.
      0 Not allowed!

Wow, colo might finally start looking like a deal instead of a rip off.. sounds like unitedcolo could be the next rackshack (in the colo world )
      0 Not allowed!