Paypal Add bank account

I have a canadian Scotia Bank account,and i have my money in paypal converted to Cnd funds and im trying to withdraw fund from my paypal to my scotia bank, this is my first time adding a bank account, although it asks for a transit number im just wondering if you have to enter the whole 12 digits as account number 5 digit Transit # followed by 7 digit Account # Ex. 051283917234?

As well it says enter your name exactlly as it appears on your account, But under the add bank account it says bank name so would this be Scotia Bank, and as for your personal name you'd have to use that when you sign up for paypal Ex. John A. Smith?

If anyone could help it would be great, paypal has a poor reponse and seems to not help when they do respond, and ive been getting so many different answers im just not sure.

of course
    Bank Name is The name of bank and Personal name is the name that you signed up for your bank account and your PP account

Quote Originally Posted by barkley View Post
    I have a canadian Scotia Bank account,and i have my money in paypal converted to Cnd funds and im trying to withdraw fund from my paypal to my scotia bank, this is my first time adding a bank account, although it asks for a transit number im just wondering if you have to enter the whole 12 digits as account number 5 digit Transit # followed by 7 digit Account # Ex. 051283917234?

As well it says enter your name exactlly as it appears on your account, But under the add bank account it says bank name so would this be Scotia Bank, and as for your personal name you'd have to use that when you sign up for paypal Ex. John A. Smith?

If anyone could help it would be great, paypal has a poor reponse and seems to not help when they do respond, and ive been getting so many different answers im just not sure.
    Yes, you have to enter all 12 digits. For the bank just put the name of the bank and personal name put the name you used when registering for a bank account.
    Rageki Web Hosting Solutions - Canada & United States Web Hosting
    DirectAdmin & cPanel Control Panels
    99% Uptime!
    30 Day Money Back Guaranteed!

PayPal needs it in the following format:

Bank Transit number: first 5 numbers of your Scotia Bank account number.
    Bank Account Number: numbers 6 through whatever, of your Scotia Bank account number.
    Institution Number: 002.

I know this because I also use Scotia Bank with PayPal
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

Ok, so the last 7 digits.

and how about My personal name where do i enter that to? just in the name slot when registering for paypal? becuase on the banking page when i add bank all it says is Bank name, and im imaganing this is Scotia Bank, or the bank of nova scotia? which one is correct?

When entering your personal name do u also have to include Mr/miss/Ms? Ex. Mr. John A. Smith

My account doesn't show a page to enter a name (unless they ask after), but I think the salutation would be a dropdown, and they'd ask for your first and last name only.

For the bank name, I entered "Scotia Bank".
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

so i guess you dont have Mr/ mrs matched to your account than?

when adding a bank account they have this note listed.

"Enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account statement. If the names do not match exactly, the transfer will fail and a return fee will be charged"

And after clicking on help it says this:

"Personal and Premier account holders
    Contact Customer Service if you need to change the name we have on file for you. Click Help on any PayPal page and select Contact Us. You may make this change for reasons such as a legal name change, a spelling mistake, or to add a secondary last name. For security reasons, you will need to provide supporting information. It’s not possible to put your bank account in another person’s name"

Hi, I'm in the process of adding my bank account to my account. When it asks for a personal name, is it just my name (e.g. John Smith) or is it the way it appears on my debit card and credit card? (e.g. MR J.A. Smith)?