Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Website Platform

HI friends,

I am planning a new site for domain name and host resellers.

I need a suggestion on the best platform.

Joomla, Wordpress, pure html or what?

Hope to hear from you.
      0 Not allowed!

Personally i'd suggest .html without a backend system as I prefer to update things manually however if you're looking for something simplistic i'd suggest Wordpress as I have heard good things.
      0 Not allowed!

Moved > Web Design and Content
      0 Not allowed!

Wordpress defenetly
      0 Not allowed!

According to me Joomla is best for website designing platform. their server work best and this is reliable for me.
      0 Not allowed!

HTML + WHMCS (Integration) Defenetly.
      0 Not allowed!

i have suggest for you Wordpress. Wordpress is SEO friendly plat form. wordpress is best to gain SERP
      0 Not allowed!

Alright, alot of people suggested wordpress, but how do I need to get a quality theme. And how possible is this?
      0 Not allowed!

Depending on your budget you can buy it on themechilly, themeforest or template monster. However if you dont have any money you can download some free theme any customize it as you wish.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Okoji View Post
    HI friends,

I am planning a new site for domain name and host resellers.

I need a suggestion on the best platform.

Joomla, Wordpress, pure html or what?

Hope to hear from you.
    Hello,

I think wordpress is the best CMS to design a webiste. Because its user-friendly as well as SEO friendly platform. Also, It's very easy to use and understand. It will help to gain SERP. Its templates are attractive. So, I would like to suggest you wordpress for web design. Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

I suggest WordPress because blog and simple product website become more seo friendly and we can modify page links, post links as per the date and category wise, We can easily add meta data to all pages and posts, we can append .php or .html at the end of url.
      0 Not allowed!

I've used both Wordpress and pure HTML, and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Personally, I would opt for pure HTML if you're going to create a website for resellers etc. It reduces the risk of being hacked, and reduces the amount of bad bots. I know from experience that Wordpress is a haven for bots that will try and get into your /wp-admin/ directory.
      0 Not allowed!

If you do not need any bells and whistles, or need simple ones you can code, then go with no CMS and do HTML with sporadic php, javascript, etc as needed. Light, fast, easy to maintain if done right.

If you need more complex features that you do not want to, or cannot code, then go with WordPress.

I work with WP, Joomla, Drupal, and WP is way easier to deal with for the most part. There are many themes out there both free and paid on websites like themeforest. Also, it is very easy to find someone to create a custom theme if you want one.
      0 Not allowed!

.html is the way to go mate, get good template and integrate it with whmcs
      0 Not allowed!

The easiest solution (Wordpress) doesn't always mean the best. Especially if you intend to just install Wordpress and let it live without performing upgrades. This always leads to a disaster - your Wordpress being hacked by bots that exploit security holes.

I see no reason to use Wordpress these days - there are powerful static site generators like Jekyll or Middleman, and a lot of open source themes for Bootstrap at StartBootstrap.com. You develop a website like a pro, with asset pipeline and CoffeeScript, and get raw HTMLs on the output. You don't even need a PHP or SQL database to run it.
      0 Not allowed!

if you start a site, I think the Wordpress is good, but you can try buy a HTLM site, price ~ 10USD
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by picture9x View Post
    if you start a site, I think the Wordpress is good, but you can try buy a HTLM site, price ~ 10USD

What do you mean by price ~ 10USD
      0 Not allowed!

~10 USD means approximately 10 USD.
      0 Not allowed!

PHP & HTML
      0 Not allowed!

I remember back in 2004 when I joined WHT, any hosting company that used a template (usually from TemplateMonster back then) was mocked and considered untrustworthy.

Personally, I'd recommend hiring a web designer to create a unique template for your website. If you have the skills, create one by yourself.

It's totally fine to use a CMS (we prefer Drupal), but make sure to always keep it up-to-date and host it under a separate cPanel account, just in case it gets hacked (e.g. due to a 0-day vulnerability).
      0 Not allowed!

WordPress is great for small business websites and you can integrate whmcs if you know what your doing. :-P or just install whmcs in its own directory and link to where clients need to go.
      0 Not allowed!

+1 for WordPress

easy to use and modify
      0 Not allowed!

I prefer pure HTML personally...but back when I wasn't the best at programming, Joomla was usually my go-to.

+1 for Joomla
      0 Not allowed!

Why you need a CMS for domain name and host resellers? What function do you need in your website?
      0 Not allowed!

In order to find the best platform you'll first need to see what special features your site will need. Every script is different from one a nothing in such small ways that it could make a huge improvement depending on what you exactly want to use the application for.

All the ones you listed are great it's something you have to think hard about and at the end of the day choose the one you feel most good with. It's like purchasing shoes you first try the shoe on to see how it feels , performs etc..
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast