web host + domain needed for USD $30 per year

Hi,

I have just joined this forum as someone told me at digitalpoint that this is a very good site for getting recommendations on webhosts

I am looking for a webhost for around USD $30 year. I am just a beginner so I just need 75-100 MB space and 5 GB bandwidth with 5 email accounts. I also need one domain(should be included in the package of 30 dollars)

I think in future I would have to upgrade, so a good upgrading plan will be a bonus. I will also be looking to add few domains(say 5) in the future, so it should be able to accomodate that too. I don't know the technical word for this,is it "parked domain" ?

And I won't mind paying few dollars more per year for a good reputed company It's really hard to choose a reliable web hosts

Thanks alot.. (I have to say that you have the most unique smileys I have ever seen.)

Oh and one more thing, I can only paythrough PayPal not through Credit Card

oh - I forgot one thing: if you find a hosting provider and they register the domain for you, make sure they put your name in the whois details, because you want to have full control on it
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

Thanks for the advice on domain. Can I get good deal on top sites like netfirms or godaddy or startlogic for USD $30 ?

Is it Better to buy seperated domain and hosting space because if it is than I can buy the domain on godaddy and the webhosting space on some top host provider I hope it's not difficult to combine domain and host on your own. :p I don't know anything about this stuff

ya, I suggest to purchase the domain at godaddy and then search for a separate hosting provider
    NetJaguar , LLC: the roaring hosting!
    Created for beginners, perfect for pro's!
    Direct Admin with Installatron - Linux Hosting - try us before you pay

There seem to be quite many of these "ultra low cost" requests around. Do a search and browse around.

Thanks. I am browsing the forum for few hours now some interesting threads are here. And please if you know any good web host who accepts paypal than do tell me. I just chatted with startlogic and they said that that don't accept paypal(only credit card)

I want that host which accept paypal.

a lot of hosters accept paypal, it's not a difficult search. When you find one, get in touch with their support and test it before to pay: a good support -usually- means a nice hosting service
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 01-07-2006 at 10:14 AM.

If you want to buy a domain name, and pay via PayPal, I would recommend NameCheap.com

Although I doubt you will find any web hosting company offering both domain + hosting for $30/yearly. You might want to increase your budget a little.

Quote Originally Posted by njean
    ya, I suggest to purchase the domain at godaddy and then search for a separate hosting provider

Forget Godaddy. I purchased my domains for a little cheaper at hostway.com and then just chose a provider to host it. As for Startlogic, I am considering them for my web hosting. The $30 per year for hosting is a pretty good deal for 5GB of space and 100GB transfer of course I'd rather have a little bit more.

For cheapish annual/monthly hosting i'd reccomend i-websolutions.co.uk - They are really reliable, offer support whenever you need it and are generally really brilliant at getting things done. Their servers are being moved at the moment but when you sign up you are always kept in the blue about when downtimes are scheduled and when they are - they're usually at night to avoid difficulties..

They can register domains for you but I'd reccomend buying it seperately.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonyBrainAid
    For cheapish annual/monthly hosting i'd reccomend i-websolutions.co.uk - They are really reliable, offer support whenever you need it and are generally really brilliant at getting things done. Their servers are being moved at the moment but when you sign up you are always kept in the blue about when downtimes are scheduled and when they are - they're usually at night to avoid difficulties..

They can register domains for you but I'd reccomend buying it seperately.
    It may cheap in the UK but I am willing to bet much more expensive in the United States if this company is located overseas.

ya I liked asmallorange but they are saying that they are not accepting any more requets for the time being as they are waiting for there servers.

Try WHT offers section or do a WHT search (you may limit your search only for the offers section for better results) and I'm sure you will find many providers within your price range. Paying upfront is good as you get better pricing but the only disadvantage is that you are unable to move anyway if the service is not up to your expectations. So I would suggest doing extra research, read reviews, look for money back guarantee etc and make sure you contact their support few times before making any commitments.
    Last edited by bear; 01-08-2006 at 08:44 AM.