Question Plesk 7.5 Unloaded - control panel died on Windows 2003.

I just changed over from a Linux/CPanel solution to a Windows 2003 server with IIS 6 and Plesk 7.5 and I'm having some trouble. Namely after only one full day on the server, the Plesk control panel is inaccessible. Everything was working fine however after my first reboot for a security patch Plesk croaked. It doesn't respond at all via https.

The problem seems to be tied to the Apache HTTP Server (2.0.52.0) dying immediately upon reboot. It gives some cryptic message regarding the ntdll.dll and goes into an endless relaunch cycle.

szAppName : Apache.exe szAppVer : 2.0.52.0 szModName : ntdll.dll
    szModVer : 5.2.3790.1830 offset : 000396d0

Since I'm fairly sure Plesk runs on at least one copy of Apache (though there appears to be two) it would seem that the Plesk control panel can't launch since it requires Apache to run. Knowing very little about this, I've tried the Plesk Reconfigurator, then tried repairing and upgrading the Plesk install, changing the settings on various services, configuring a variety of permissions and so on but nothing seems to work.

Two days in and I'm dead in the water. Anyone have any ideas? I'm in an unmanaged dc so not much support I can get there (though thus far they have been very helpful) and the kind folks at SWSoft want $75 just to initiate a conversation.

A few questions:

1) Did you install Plesk yourself?
    2) Is this a leased Plesk license?

Hopefully I can help you more once these questions are answered.

Regards,
    Last edited by sgarbus; 01-07-2006 at 01:23 AM.

It's an unmanaged box with a leased license (hence the proposed support charge from SWsoft) and the install was done by the DC with the initial setup.

Well, even if your DC doesn't offer management, if they set this server up poorly and it doesn't function, they should have to fix this for you. Have you tried contacting them and asking for a fix?

Well the install worked just fine for the first day. It seemed to die after the security patch / reboot. As for a support request, I've filed four tickets in three days so I've been trying to solve some of my own issues before shooting off another ticket. Especially since the last time I asked a Plesk question I was referred to the forums.

But yeah it may be ticket time again...

I fixed it. It turned out the issue was related to Zend Optimizer. In order to fix it I had to set the following registry setting from "c:\windows" to nothing.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\IniFilePath