FreeBSD installing PHP with postgresql support failure via ports

Thanks for taking a look, Initially i had just installed it plain and received the common error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pg_connect().

So i went to /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/ and did a make deinstall.

then i did a make install --with-pgsql=shared but to no avail. It doesnt show up after install. All i have is:

'./configure' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-memory-limit' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php' '--disable-all' '--with-regex=php' '--disable-cli' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs' '--prefix=/usr/local' 'i386-portbld-freebsd5.2.1'

Im relativley new to this aspect of server admining and trying to learn, anyone able to give a helpful hand by chance?

Thanks in advance

P.S. running freebsd 5.2.1 , php 4.3.8

Basically what im looking for is a straight explanation on how to fix this so i could use it for future purposes.

Appreciate everyones time.

-Z

when you run make, it should bring up a little screen similar to make menuconfig which will allow you specify modules to be installed with php.

Try installing php from /usr/ports/lang/php4 and then installing from /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/

Aye I thought so too sir but the menu that comes up only has 3 options

Apache 2.0
    Debug
    IPV6 (or something of the nature)

Thank you for your effort to help

-Z

PHP compile

Hi,

You need to compile first php with this option --with-pgsql=shared , it's on the configure command , not the make install one.

so append this --with-pgsql=shared to the configure command you listed and should work fine then.
    knowledge is Power , Spread it.
    www.e-tutankhamun.com
    ahmed@e-tutankhamun.com
    AIM:AhmedFouad0 , yahooID:xor2004

Running latest ports tree?
    check out "lang/php4-extensions" - it all has been moved there a while ago.

regards,
    M.