Cheap Windows Desktop Hosting?

Hi, I am looking for cheap windows desktop hosting, as in I can make a Remote Desktop Connection to this server. Looking for something cheap as it won't be serving anything publicly, but will just be a hub for me to fully browse the net through a different IP.

Ideally a per hour usage rate would be awesome but I don' think that exists yet.

Any recommendations? Does this type of service exist for 1-5$/month ? I know slyos was offering something similar at 3 pounds/month , but they're not around anymore.

Thanks

Are you looking for vpn service?

Not sure really. Basically what I want to do is browse from a different IP, possibly multiple different IP's, without setting cookies locally and whatnot.

yard vps @ $8.95

if you use "yardvps" coupon on sign out (20% off recurring),
    it'll be $7.16

this is the closest i can find
    hope this helps

Get a budget vps at burstnet setup open vpn. Cost around 5$

Do services like the following http://www.mochahost.com/landing2/mo...QVNQIDA5MDI%3D

allow me to RDC in like VPS or probably not?

How about Amazon EC2? It's hard to argue with 3c per hour and your first year's usage free... (That's assuming you can get away with their "micro" instance - they do offer Windows on it so I guess it must at least start).
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence T View Post
    Do services like the following http://www.mochahost.com/landing2/mo...QVNQIDA5MDI%3D

allow me to RDC in like VPS or probably not?
    shared hosting != remote desktop

well i'm trying out yardvps, with the discount it's the best price i've seen and their site is not ancient.

I will take a look at amazon, but the main thing is will they allow me to pause the server to not use up the hours.

kindly note yardvps is unmanaged
    but since you'r using for your personal surfing etc, it shouldn't matter to you
    good luck on your trial

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence T View Post
    Hi, I am looking for cheap windows desktop hosting, as in I can make a Remote Desktop Connection to this server. Looking for something cheap as it won't be serving anything publicly, but will just be a hub for me to fully browse the net through a different IP.

Ideally a per hour usage rate would be awesome but I don' think that exists yet.

Any recommendations? Does this type of service exist for 1-5$/month ? I know slyos was offering something similar at 3 pounds/month , but they're not around anymore.

Thanks
    So would a RDP account work? A RDP account is a user account on a Windows Server with no admin rights.

Or do you need a Windows VPS, where you will have full administrator privileges ?

If you just want to browse the web, then a RDP account will suffice, so you might want to look around for those as well. You should find one for around your budget.

Amazon's EC2 will allow you to pause the server (or rather, shut it down) when not in use and only pay for storage. Better yet, if all you're doing is browsing, you can just terminate it when done and start up a new instance when you need it.

Cheap window desktop hosting and i can make a remote control desktop connection to the server.

Hey guys. I tried yardvps and will cancel it as I also tried Amazon EC2 and it's exactly what I needed. Thanks for the help!

PS: Yard worked very well too, but it's more than I needed to spend.